Mac OSX 10.7.3 32bit apps crashes!

didair

4 posts in this topic

Hi again. So when i finally got my Hackintosh running on my AMD computer i quickly noticed some apps crash when i launch them. I think all native Apple apps works (including Finder). Since Finder works perfectly I assume no 32bit app works. I googled around and saw that a lot off people have this problem on Hackintosh but no real solution other than re-installing your system.

I currently run my Mac with:

UseKernelCache=amd arch=i386

But I can also run it with -force64 instead of arch=i386 but that does not fix my problem. I have even tried using both at the same time.

I will edit this post with picture off the error but I'm currently installing my OSX again.

On any of the Apple apps, RT cllck > get info > check open in 32bit mode. If it crashes now when it didn't before, that will tell you if it has anything to do with 32bit vs 64bit or if that's just red herring.

Hi guys. Thanks for the answers. My specs are:

AMD FX-8150 4.0GhZ

Ati Radeon HD3870

Mac OSX 10.7.3

eer357: I tried that and yes, they do stop working when i check run in 32bit.

theconnactic: I can't post in other sections yet since I'm a newbie. Also, I couln't get the patch to work... Is there something else that needs to be done to my OS before i can start patching it? Like unlocking it because i only get command not found. Even when I run OSX with -force64 and/or arch=i386 apps that is 32bit is not working.