Need help: Gateway P-7805u FX

Nadav35

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Although, I have Snow Leopard 32-bit running on my Gateway P-7805u FX laptop which is a 64-bit capable machine, can some one tell me where I can get the proper kexts so that it will boot in 64-bit mode? I just went out and got another 4GB of memory for a total of 8GB. I have a DSDT already created, but its for 32-bit only. I also have Lion installed, but same deal: I need the kexts necessary for booting 64-bit on that.

As for Mountain Lion, has anyone had any success installing Mountain Lion on the Gateway P-series of laptops? This is a very nice laptop and its a shame if I have to get rid of it if it won't run 64-bit Mac OS X either in Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion.

The following ports don't work in Snow Leopard: HDMI port, headphone jack port, Ethernet port(Yukon Marvel is manufacturer), eSATA port does not work either, There is also an express card slot. I don't have any express cards to test it with, but I assume it does not work either. The machine also has a microSD card slot, but I am not too concerned about that as I have an external USB microSD adapter I use.. Lastly, the built in Gateway webcam does not work either.

What does work: Sleep, hibernate(sleep), sound, bluetooth, Airport(Bought a Mac Pro WIFI mini-PCIe card to replace Intel's).

I am mainly concerned about getting 64-bit enabled, so that I can run Mountain Lion.. and so far no one has done this on the Gateway P-7805u FX laptop. The screen is impressive! 1920x1200 WUXGA ultra bright.

Someone please help!!

Thanks a bunch.. I can even pay for the assistance if someone can help me. I am trying to put off having to buy a real MacBook Pro as I already have a Mac Pro 6-core, PowerBook G4 1.67 as my everyday machine + G5 Quad.

I can provide my DSDT if need be..

• 2 weeks later...

• CPUIntel Core 2 Duo P8400 / 2.26 GHz
  • ChipsetMobile Intel PM45 Express
  • Graphics ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS - .0 GB GDDR3 SDRAM
  • Wireless ControllerIntel WiFi Link 5100

Audio had to be provided.

Are you running Windows 64bit? Extract your DSDT with Aida64,

Most of the kexts you are using now, have 64 bit versions available i guess, just google them and add 64bit to the search.

• 1 month later...

Snow Leopard is fully 64-bit and has been for the past 3 months, no problem there.. The problem lies in the fact that every time I try to install Mountain Lion it does not work at all. I don't understand it. This is a Core 2 Extreme 64-bit laptop and I don't know why this isn't working, though I much prefer Snow Leopard as it "just works".