• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
I think it sucks to disable legacy. My USB works with legacy switched on.

anthony_c

anthony_c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So, I installed with kexthelper, rebooted and here's what I got:

2 flash drives I plugged in worked 100%, as opposed to before the driver,
my belkin USB wireless NIC (model FD07050) did not, although the official mac utility for it from belkin was running.

Do I need a generic USB wifi driver or something? otherwise, I have a PCMCIA nic (linksys, gonna rely on generic airport drivers for it) I would like to install in it's place, with the appropriate drivers you provide me links to in the case the belkin just refuses to work.

I am doing all of this to get a wireless nic to my leopard install. My internal Realtek(real trash if you ask me) is way too proprietary for leopard let alone ubuntu to recognize, so I am not even going to try. I eagerly await the day I can get network connectivity from my leopard partition, and I appreciate the help so far. ;)

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,074 posts

@ chief Slice: you can tell other man from white man that other man did great job (for which white man kinda loves other man)

I did. http://www.applelife..._0/1015/80.html

I think it sucks to disable legacy. My USB works with legacy switched on.

I don't know what is the trick. The orByte's method is a creating legacy support.

So, I installed with kexthelper, rebooted and here's what I got:

2 flash drives I plugged in worked 100%, as opposed to before the driver,

The best news I saw before.

my belkin USB wireless NIC (model FD07050) did not, although the official mac utility for it from belkin was running.

Are you sure that belkin's driver has Intel flavour? If PowerPC only - sorry!

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

I did. http://www.applelife..._0/1015/80.html

pre-modded IOUSBFamily.kext based on 3.0.8 sources from 10.5.2 (corrected by Slice based on orByte method, compiled by Dmdimon 06-19-08

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,074 posts

!! DON'T use ACPIFamily.kext 1.0.3 ("ACPI-fix" in distros) with Toshiba P-10x --> random kernel panics @ boot!!

Sorry for offtopic. What is the problem?
(my compilation)

Fladnar

Fladnar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

@ chief Slice: you can tell other man from white man that other man did great job (for which white man kinda loves other man)

@ anthony_c: you find IOUSBFamily 3.0.8/ Mac OS 10.5.2 (containing the plugins compiled by ARMAGEDDON Slice posted here) attached.
3.0.8 is the latest for Mac OS 10.5.2/3/4.

As always, install with kext helper or ~pcwiz' Mac OSx86 Tools Utility.

Working USB at last on HP 5245ea, 10.5.4!!
:-)))))
Thanks!

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,074 posts

Try v308 made by Dmdimon

It is new version of USBEHCI made by orByte's method but with Apple sources from Leo 10.5.2

@ anthony_c: you find IOUSBFamily 3.0.8/ Mac OS 10.5.2 (containing the plugins compiled by ARMAGEDDON Slice posted here) attached.
3.0.8 is the latest for Mac OS 10.5.2/3/4.

As always, install with kext helper or ~pcwiz' Mac OSx86 Tools Utility.

You are wrong. It is not compiled by ARMAGEDDON. He is topic starter.
Idea by orByte.
Sources correction by me.
Compilation by Dmdimon.
Thanks for all.

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
Sorry if someone already mentioned this but:

1. Can I use it with 10.5.4
2. Is this absolutely necessary? Like will I get USB1.0/1.1 speeds only without this?

EDIT: I tried it just to try it and it works fine.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,074 posts
Differences between sources 308 and 314
New
if (!_uimInitialized)
	{
		// set the reset bit, but only if we are not currently initialized
About PCCard
if (_controllerAvailable && !_wakingFromHibernation && !_pcCardEjected && (GetRootHubStatus((IOUSBHubStatus *)&tempStatus) == kIOReturnSuccess))
About link and unlink
		// 3-4-08 rdar://5779996
		// it is possible that the unlink above has zerod out _AsyncHead, and the link code won't automatically set it back
		// so do that the same way we always do, at least until we solve rdar://5779967
		// this code is copied from a different place
		if (_AsyncHead)
		{

// 5664375 - only need to do the following if the Async list is enabled in the CMD register
		if (CMD & kEHCICMDAsyncEnable)
About Power state
AppleUSBHub::setPowerState ( unsigned long powerStateOrdinal, IOService* whatDevice )
{
	// 5654850 - this used to be done in powerStateWillChangeTo. however, that was too early, so we moved it to HubPowerChange, which is the call
	// which gets made from the superclass when a setPowerState comes in.
	// however, the superclass implementation will short-circuit that call if we are being terminated, so now we do it just before
	// the superclass::setPowerState. this makes it work much better when a hub in low power mode gets disconnected
About deadcheck
if ( thread_call_enter(_hubDeadCheckThread) == TRUE )
	{
		USBLog(3, "AppleUSBHub[%p]::CallCheckForDeadHub _hubDeadCheckThread already queued", this);
		DecrementOutstandingIO();
	}
About busy device

// before issuing a Synchronous terminate, we need to make sure that the device is not busy
while (cachedPortDevice->getBusyState() && retries--)
{
// wait up to 10 seconds for the device to get un-busy
USBLog(2, "AppleUSBHubPort[%p]::RemoveDevice - device(%p)[%s] busy - waiting 100ms (retries remaining: %d)", this, cachedPortDevice, cachedPortDevice->getName(), (int)retries);
IOSleep(100);
}
if (cachedPortDevice->getBusyState())
{
USBError(1, "AppleUSBHubPort: Port %d of Hub at %p about to terminate a busy device (%s) after waiting 10 seconds", _portNum, (void*)_hub->_locationID, cachedPortDevice->getName());
}

And so on.

It means latest kext is not final solution. The latest sources 314 are better.
They are not intended only for 10.5.3. They are simply more correct sources.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,074 posts
I make new version and open my own thread
USB 2.0 for Leopard

fsaturn1357

fsaturn1357

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The same thing happen to me, my usb does not work
hgh hormone

Razvane

Razvane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I have a short and simple question. Here it goes:

How do i uninstall the USB2.0 EHCI driver from my PC?

Thank you.

Regards,
Razvan

frank754

frank754

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I had the same problem when I upgraded my Intel Atom mobo box from Kalyway 10.5.2 using the Kalyway combo upgrade 10.5.3
Previously (on 10.5.2) the USB 2.0 devices were working fine, for example a USB flash drive and a USB card reader were detected as hotplug devices and icons would appear on the screen under the hard drive icons after several seconds.
Then after the combo upgrade they stopped working and I got this error during a verbose boot in yellow:
Failed to load extension com.or.Byte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

I read this thread carefully, and also determined that this PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was still in place. So I decided to try one thing first as mentioned earlier: remove the AppleUSBEHCI.kext
And this worked ! (so far). I still get that error on a -v boot, but once the desktop is up, the devices are detected fine on plugging them in.

To do this: Open "Finder", navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and scroll down to IOUSBFamily.kext, right-click and click on "Show Package Contents", then open the plugins folder and look for AppleUSBEHCI.kext (be sure you select the correct one). Right-click and more to trash, then reboot, and it worked for me.
As mentioned, I made sure that the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was already present in the same folder.

_Psy_

_Psy_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
is there any generic to 10.5.5 to i use on my hp pavillion 6500?

tkz

Stadsport

Stadsport

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Success with my Lenovo IdeaPad Y510 running JaS 10.5.4. Only one USB port was working, now they're all going. Thanks!

henrykrinkle

henrykrinkle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to give a HUGE shoutout to orByte for his work!

I am happily posting this from the comforts of my HP dv5000 running iATKOS 10.5.5 with a D-Link DWL-G122 USB dongle.

None of this would be possible without your USB kext. So I just want to say, thank you for all your hard work! :P

alman01

alman01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If I currently have the AppleUSBUHCI driver installed, will this kext cause a kernal panic? I don't want to have to re-build the image.

Alex DeWolf

Alex DeWolf

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

I had the same problem when I upgraded my Intel Atom mobo box from Kalyway 10.5.2 using the Kalyway combo upgrade 10.5.3
Previously (on 10.5.2) the USB 2.0 devices were working fine, for example a USB flash drive and a USB card reader were detected as hotplug devices and icons would appear on the screen under the hard drive icons after several seconds.
Then after the combo upgrade they stopped working and I got this error during a verbose boot in yellow:
Failed to load extension com.or.Byte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

I read this thread carefully, and also determined that this PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was still in place. So I decided to try one thing first as mentioned earlier: remove the AppleUSBEHCI.kext
And this worked ! (so far). I still get that error on a -v boot, but once the desktop is up, the devices are detected fine on plugging them in.

To do this: Open "Finder", navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and scroll down to IOUSBFamily.kext, right-click and click on "Show Package Contents", then open the plugins folder and look for AppleUSBEHCI.kext (be sure you select the correct one). Right-click and more to trash, then reboot, and it worked for me.
As mentioned, I made sure that the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was already present in the same folder.

I have an Asus Asus F8Sn-C1 (T9300 CPU, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 9500M-GS 512MB/VRAM, modded BIOS) and I was not able to get the web cam or Archos 5 recognized. I removed the AppleUSBEHCI.kext and installed PCGenUSBHCI.kext in /System/Library/Extnsions with the kext helper. Voila the web cam and the Archos 5 are now useable. Thanks. How would this be used in a 10.5.6 update? I am on iDeneb 10.5.5 and am worried about the 10.5.6 update.

Alex

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,074 posts

I make new version and open my own thread
USB 2.0 for Leopard

thelollol

thelollol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
sorry for asking that "maybe" stupid question.
and sorry for my bad englisch i am from germany

i got to this site by searching for a solution to my boot problem.
my desktop pc on wich i installed the Iaktos leopard won't boot anymore since i tried to install some drivers , one of iit was a USb driver.

now when i boot up in verbose mode it says "EHCI - Ownership conflict" and EHCI - toggle ownership to 0" or something.

this was what led me to this site, but i cant find a solution on how i could boot my pc again.

if there are posted solutions, i don't seem to find them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy