Generic USB2.0 (EHCI) Driver

orByte

474 posts in this topic

I had the same problem when I upgraded my Intel Atom mobo box from Kalyway 10.5.2 using the Kalyway combo upgrade 10.5.3

Previously (on 10.5.2) the USB 2.0 devices were working fine, for example a USB flash drive and a USB card reader were detected as hotplug devices and icons would appear on the screen under the hard drive icons after several seconds.

Then after the combo upgrade they stopped working and I got this error during a verbose boot in yellow:

Failed to load extension com.or.Byte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

I read this thread carefully, and also determined that this PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was still in place. So I decided to try one thing first as mentioned earlier: remove the AppleUSBEHCI.kext

And this worked ! (so far). I still get that error on a -v boot, but once the desktop is up, the devices are detected fine on plugging them in.

To do this: Open "Finder", navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and scroll down to IOUSBFamily.kext, right-click and click on "Show Package Contents", then open the plugins folder and look for AppleUSBEHCI.kext (be sure you select the correct one). Right-click and more to trash, then reboot, and it worked for me.

As mentioned, I made sure that the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was already present in the same folder.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to give a HUGE shoutout to orByte for his work!

I am happily posting this from the comforts of my HP dv5000 running iATKOS 10.5.5 with a D-Link DWL-G122 USB dongle.

None of this would be possible without your USB kext. So I just want to say, thank you for all your hard work! :P

• 2 months later...
I had the same problem when I upgraded my Intel Atom mobo box from Kalyway 10.5.2 using the Kalyway combo upgrade 10.5.3

Previously (on 10.5.2) the USB 2.0 devices were working fine, for example a USB flash drive and a USB card reader were detected as hotplug devices and icons would appear on the screen under the hard drive icons after several seconds.

Then after the combo upgrade they stopped working and I got this error during a verbose boot in yellow:

Failed to load extension com.or.Byte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

I read this thread carefully, and also determined that this PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was still in place. So I decided to try one thing first as mentioned earlier: remove the AppleUSBEHCI.kext

And this worked ! (so far). I still get that error on a -v boot, but once the desktop is up, the devices are detected fine on plugging them in.

To do this: Open "Finder", navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and scroll down to IOUSBFamily.kext, right-click and click on "Show Package Contents", then open the plugins folder and look for AppleUSBEHCI.kext (be sure you select the correct one). Right-click and more to trash, then reboot, and it worked for me.

As mentioned, I made sure that the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext was already present in the same folder.

I have an Asus Asus F8Sn-C1 (T9300 CPU, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 9500M-GS 512MB/VRAM, modded BIOS) and I was not able to get the web cam or Archos 5 recognized. I removed the AppleUSBEHCI.kext and installed PCGenUSBHCI.kext in /System/Library/Extnsions with the kext helper. Voila the web cam and the Archos 5 are now useable. Thanks. How would this be used in a 10.5.6 update? I am on iDeneb 10.5.5 and am worried about the 10.5.6 update.

Alex

sorry for asking that "maybe" stupid question.

and sorry for my bad englisch i am from germany

i got to this site by searching for a solution to my boot problem.

my desktop pc on wich i installed the Iaktos leopard won't boot anymore since i tried to install some drivers , one of iit was a USb driver.

now when i boot up in verbose mode it says "EHCI - Ownership conflict" and EHCI - toggle ownership to 0" or something.

this was what led me to this site, but i cant find a solution on how i could boot my pc again.

if there are posted solutions, i don't seem to find them.

• 1 month later...

Click here for a link to a USB related thread for solving USB problems where USB devices do not mount but do so if restarted.

Seems probably related to me stupidly using Slice's excellent kexts with the 10.5.5 based voodoo kernel and the vanilla 10.5.6 system.kext - oops!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hy

is there a way to adapt that ideas on last apple iousbfamily code?

that's because last MCP79 invidia have the same issue.. unable to get UIM.

the only method to bypass the problem is to set in bios to use usb low speed or to disable legacy

but is a weird solution

so.. original 10.5.6 iousbfamily works only with those 2 bad solutions.

I got the code of last iousbfamily but I'm scared to change code.. i'm not a programmer.

then, I don't understand why newer mobo are so difficult do use a real standard device!

I tried too to use pcgenusb or 3.0.8 kexts.. but are so old and os do a lot ok errors and don't acivate any usb

sob

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If I leave legacy USB support on in the BIOS, when the system boots the USB ports do not work. If I disable legacy USB, then everything works. But the problem now is that I can't use my USB keyboard at boot time to select which OS to boot.

Anyone know a fix for this?

10.6.2 Hazard

Intel DQ45CB board

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had big time usb problems on hazards 10.6.2. No plug and play (always had to reboot to get any functionality). Then I managed to fix that issue and lost my external harddrive. Then I fixed the hard drive thing and lost my bluetooth stuff (mouse and keyboard). Finally I have a working usb system on my machine. That means plug and play + bluetooth + external harddrive  By the way, I found these kexts after scouring the net for days. Turns out they were in a laptop forum. I have a desktop computer and they are working great.

I will attach what i have as kexts and hopefully they can help someone.

i installed these with kexthelperb7 then I ran kextutility then rebooted.

WorkingUSBkexts.zip

Thanks buddy. A really excellent way to murder your hackintosh: it does not see kbd and mouse anymore. Holy {censored}, I spent some nervous minutes with my install disk recovering old kexts from backup... was afraid of reinstalling my well-tuned system...

Remove the file so nobody else get trapped...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thread is too old. Topicstarter is out. Look for other thread, link in topic.

And google for other solutions. In my case 10.6.4 works with vanilla IOUSBFamily after DSDT patch.