ATI Graphic Issues on AMD ML Hackintosh Systems

AkimoA

193 posts in this topic

u need a bootloader wich allows you to boot with a ati rom a couple sites back in this thread i posted one ...be shure u name the rom correct       vendorid_deviceid_subvendorid.rom    and drop it in the extra folder 

good luck ;)

Readed, did. But I can't find how to make (custom) vendorid_deviceid_subvendorid.rom for my device on both site. Where's should I find it?

Personal kexts these can be uncharged problem in the graphics? I'm with the last kernel Bronya RC4, the bootloader will not issue further identifies this series Radeon HD7000?

post-1145065-0-90475100-1372197520_thumb.png

Hi Devs! I got this windows installed box.
And this is my graphics card.
I tried and edit many kext on 10.8.4 but still no works.
can anyone tell me what should I read about how kext works, why kext not load and so so, please? :blush: 

Fp5AJFM.gif
and based on this image below, I thought my card is 5570 right?
k4M6BZW.png

Man, I just noticed you didn't post details about your computer. The most important question, that amazingly nobody asked: is it an APU laptop? Because if it is, you're wasting your time: it won't have qe/ci no matter how and what kexts you edit, the ROMs you add etc. The only hope would be to disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS, and I said would, because every single APU laptop in the market comes with the despicable InsydeH2O BIOS, absolutely locked and unmodifiable. Therefore, repeat, if it's an APU laptop, don't waste your time - and ours - trying to fix graphics, but focus on what can be fixed.

Of course, if it's not an APU laptop, disregard my post.

All the best!

Ps: if it's a desktop, but the card is onboard, the same advice stands: don't waste your time. This case, though, you can indeed solve the issue by buying a cheap ATI 5450 silent model (dev I'd 0x68f91002)

@theconnactic
I dunno who you are reply for but if it's me I will gladly describe my detail:
Board: M68M-S2P
CPU: Athlon II X2 240
Graphics Card: (Addons) Radeon HD 5570

First boot after installed I can't reach login screen, it stuck and I got solutin from this forum.
I deleted All /S/L/E/ATI* /S/L/E/GeFo* /S/L/E/AppleIntel*

I tried and edit(add 0xblablabla in Info.plist) many kext.
I tried many boot flags, UseAtiROM=(Yes/No) AtiConfig=(Eulemur/Hoolock/Shrike) with GE=Yes but won't boot but with GE=No

So, I there something I missed about this kext?
I noticed theres .bundle and .plugin for each ATI/NVDA kext.
I copied those file to /S/L/E and chown and chmod too.
and I rebuild the kext cache too. And of course I've tried -f boot flags.

I see some thread get 5570 works but only for SL.
I just curious, my fellow hackint0sh user.
Is there any way to get this works?

I don't mind to do RTFM. Just give me a bunch of writings and I will sincerely read that :)
Forgive my noobness.

Marl.

I read that.

I just Copied /S/L/E/{AMD*,ATI*} from my working updated mac (laptop).

Changed SMBIOS to iMac12,2

Added 0x657f1002 to ATI5000Controller.kext/Content/Info.plist

boot with 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Eulemur npci=0x{2000/3000} -v -f'

and.....

My LCD (VGA cable) can't display it. I call this progress!

Fortunately I turn screen sharing on

I knew my LCD can display properly in 1280x960 at 75Hz.

I set screen resolution to as I mentioned before, and it simply can't displaying my desktop. My LCD says "Cannot Display This Video Mode" just like another LCD while can't reach bigger screen resolution / refresh rate.

In screen sharing client side, I barely see "About This Mac" because the screen is almost full of flicker.

But I'm pretty sure it displaying Graphics (My card was detected!)

Any suggestion what should I do next?

thanks for your help so far  :D

PS: I don't have any LCD working. 

Boot with -x!

Tried before. nothing changes.

and now my screen sharing won't work xD

is it kext problem or just plain unsupported resolution/refresh rate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

B)

Enfin quand même une carte graphique qui gére 2 écrans sans artefact et sans kext ajouté  :) (GraphicsInjector=No)

la Sapphire HD 4670 /512/ vga/dvi/hdmi passive à 25 euros d'occasion fonctionne à merveille , du silence avec une belle image , en

attendant de voir nos problèmes graphiques se régler , cette carte graphique est une bonne alternative :) il ne me reste que l'HDMI à tester (secondaire) et voilou !!

ce n'est pas un monstre de puissance mais quel régal !! :thumbsup_anim:

Finally still a graphics card that manages two screens without artifact and without kext added :) (GraphicsInjector = No)

Sapphire HD 4670/512 / vga / dvi / hdmi passive € 25 used works great, silence with a beautiful picture, waiting to see our graphics problems resolved, this graphics card is a good alternative :) it I only have the HDMI test (secondary) and voilou!

this is not a powerhouse, but what a treat! :thumbsup_anim:

327209Capturede769cran20130730a768015736

691759Capturede769cran20130730a768020248

518847Capturede769cran20130730a768015953

783211Capturede769cran20130730a768015855

B)

Enfin quand même une carte graphique qui gére 2 écrans sans artefact et sans kext ajouté  :) (GraphicsInjector=No)

la Sapphire HD 4670 /512/ vga/dvi/hdmi passive à 25 euros d'occasion fonctionne à merveille , du silence avec une belle image , en

attendant de voir nos problèmes graphiques se régler , cette carte graphique est une bonne alternative :) il ne me reste que l'HDMI à tester (secondaire) et voilou !!

ce n'est pas un monstre de puissance mais quel régal !! :thumbsup_anim:

Cette carte a-t-elle toujours le problème "pixel rouge" avec CineBench?

C'est interessant que les deux cartes graphiques qui marchent sans problème avec Mountain Lion (Sapphire 5450 et 4670) sont tous deux des cartes Sapphire sans ventilateur... Que est-ce qu'il y a avec ces cartes Sapphire??

Does this card still have the "red pixel" error with CineBench?

It's interesting that the two graphics cards that work fine with Mountain Lion (Sapphire 5450 and 4670) are both fanless Sapphire graphics cards... What is it with these Sapphire cards??

:)

oui , bien évidemment , les problèmes "pixel rouge" sont présent ce qui n'enlève rien à la fluidité de la vidéo qui rend l'utilisation bien plus agréable que les series HD 5xxx/6xxx et 7xxx , la rotation est très limpide et la gestion double écran fonctionne vraiment très . La 4670 étant peu gourmande en énergie (pour cette série) se qui rajoute  encore un + .  :)

yes, of course, problems "red pixel" are present which detract from the fluidity of the video makes much more pleasant than the HD 7xxx series 5xxx/6xxx and use the rotation is very clear and dual management screen really works. 4670 is the low-energy (for this series) is still adds a +. :)

• Like 1

I'd still recommend the Sapphire HD5450 Silent 1GB (id 0x68F91002): it is cheap, fanless, draws little power, the glitches with Mountain Lion are tolerable and limited to the Finder previewing window and other few apps, and - most important than it - it doesn't suffer that red pixel. What does that mean? Mean that it will support 1080p games with tolerable FPS and no issues (i tested Amnesia, Bioshock, Galaxy on Fire, Trine 2 and Rome, all passed the test). It will run Cinema 4D without issues (also confirmed by me) and the Adobe Suite also without any problems, as well as VLC, MPX and all other media players except for QT. Apart from the said tolerable glitches, the user experience is near flawless and i've been running my AMD machine as an HTPC since long, almost 24/7 the whole period.

I really don't see any advantages of the tested 4xxx cards over the 5450 silent: the 4xxx cards suffer the red pixel, meaning that gaming and 3D rendering, precisely the areas where a more robust card would be a better choice, won't be an option. And for all other basic usage (watching movies, editing photos, running iLife apps etc), the 5450 silent matches any of the tested 4xxx in every aspect.

All the best!

I'd still recommend the Sapphire HD5450 Silent 1GB (id 0x68F91002): it is cheap, fanless, draws little power, the glitches with Mountain Lion are tolerable and limited to the Finder previewing window and other few apps, and - most important than it - it doesn't suffer that red pixel. What does that mean? Mean that it will support 1080p games with tolerable FPS and no issues (i tested Amnesia, Bioshock, Galaxy on Fire, Trine 2 and Rome, all passed the test). It will run Cinema 4D without issues (also confirmed by me) and the Adobe Suite also without any problems, as well as VLC, MPX and all other media players except for QT. Apart from the said tolerable glitches, the user experience is near flawless and i've been running my AMD machine as an HTPC since long, almost 24/7 the whole period.

I really don't see any advantages of the tested 4xxx cards over the 5450 silent: the 4xxx cards suffer the red pixel, meaning that gaming and 3D rendering, precisely the areas where a more robust card would be a better choice, won't be an option. And for all other basic usage (watching movies, editing photos, running iLife apps etc), the 5450 silent matches any of the tested 4xxx in every aspect.

All the best!

It's better if you're dual-booting Windows and gaming there, but can only have one card.

c'est mieux ci tu et un gamer sur Windows mais peu seulement avoir une carte graphique.

http://www.hwcompare.com/409/radeon-hd-4670-1gb-vs-radeon-hd-5450/

• Like 2

But then again, you'll have to edit videos with plugins, render 3D, etc etc etc on Windows, thus voiding the purpose of OSX for anything out of very basic usage, which it's really awful in my opinion. With the HD 5450, albeit a less potent card, you can have it all.

All the best!

j'ai également une 5450/7950 , je ne vois pas comment peut-on travailler  avec des icones qui clignotent et des artefacts en tout genre ? pour jouer windows est largement mieux pour ce genre d'exercice et les cartes graphiques sont prise en charge , je pense que pour la stabilité du système , il est préférable pour l'instant en attendant de voir mieux , les series HD 4xxx ou utiliser Lion 10.7 i386 , comme je préfère ML 10.8 (plus véloce) j'ai opté pour l'option HD 4xxx qui me semble bien mieux adapté . :)  pour visionner de la vidéo , le problème ne se pose pas . De cela en découle une farouche oposition aux série HD 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx qu'on toute le même problème sur AMD . :) et puis pour 25 euros d'occasion les risques sont faibles .  :)

I also have a 5450/7950, I do not see how we can work with flashing icons and artifacts of all kinds? to play windows is far better for this kind of exercise and graphics cards are supported, I think the stability of the system, it is best for now waiting to see better, the HD 4xxx series or use Lion 10.7 i386, as I prefer ML 10.8 (swifter) I opted for the HD 4xxx option that seems better suited. :) To watch the video, the problem does not arise. From this follows a fierce oposition to the HD series 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx we all the same problem on AMD. :) And then for 25 euros used the risks are low. :)

Which model of the 5450 do you have, Gilles? What's the device ID? I have - and recommend - the Sapphire HD5450 Silent, device ID 0x68F91002, and i guarantee you the glitches and artifacts are not "of all kind", but minimal and restricted to some few apps, and, most important, do not affect at all any games or relevant professional video, photo and rendering software - software, it's never enough to remember, that are impracticable with any 4xxx cards because of the red pixel. And a brand new Sapphire HD5450 silent costs less than 25 euros! Not to start a flamewar here - if you want, i can capture a video of my screen to support what i'm saying. Thant's why it's important to know which model of HD5450 do you have, since it's not behaving as good as mine.

All the best!

je ne m'enflamme pas , j'aime bien le débat , le Français est une langue riche en verbe (8000) , peut-être que la traduction déforme mes propos . :)

c'est une Gigabyte HD 5450 / 512  0x68F91002 

I do not burn me, I like the debate, the French language is a rich word (8000), maybe the translation distorts my words. :)

it is a Gigabyte HD 5450/512 0x68F91002

I'm having some odd issues using a Sapphire 5770 and a Phenom II X4 955. See my post here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290826-odd-artifacting-on-sapphire-5770/

comme je disais plus haut dans les post , les series HD 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx rencontrent des problèmes sévères non résolu pour l'instant :(

as I said earlier in the post, the HD series 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx encounter severe problems unresolved for now  :(