ATI Graphic Issues on AMD ML Hackintosh Systems

AkimoA

193 posts in this topic

Hello friends, how do I add the correct ID for my video card in the kext?

In Mac OS X ML looks like this:

capturadetela20130507s0.png

The ID's:

{0x683F, 0x04231043, CHIP_FAMILY_TAHITI, "Asus HD7750" kChutoro},

{0x683F, 0x04271043, CHIP_FAMILY_TAHITI "Asus HD 7750" kChutoro}

{0x683F, 0x04591043, CHIP_FAMILY_TAHITI "Asus HD 7750" kChutoro}

How to display the correct model plate on Mac? aprece as AMD Radeon HD 7xxx.

How to display the correct model plate on Mac? aprece as AMD Radeon HD 7xxx.

either u modify the bootloader source and edit it in there recompile it after

or u apply a ATI Patch to your dsdt.aml and edit the name in there along with you correct framebuffer etc..

sadly non off the both will fix the glitch problem as of now

and it would be only a cosmetic thing at the end ...

add a vendor/device id into kext this way -> http://olarila.com/f....php?f=28&t=736 offcourse theres a diffrence between card models but will lead you the rite way

but it seemed it loaded it correct anyway by the looks of your Sys Profile

besides the detection done by chameleon

• Like 1

Hey guys.

So I am getting the same problems as JorgeMax over there. Any update on a fix? I tried the SMCDaemon, it worked, but got a low resolution and my entire system was pretty slow. I've tried thousands of other methods, flashing, kext's, the works.

If a solution could come out, I would be happy, and I think a whole lot of other people would be.

System:

Motherboard: Biostar A780L

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 @ 3.3Ghz\

GPU: HiS ATI HD5770

RAM: 4Gb DDR3

HDD: 2 X 160Gb SATA HDD

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

seems like any card wich isnt affected/loaded by the AMC Accelerator kext works just fine .....since it gets his thread from the ATIRadeonX2000 family

My Sapphire HD 5450 Silent (ID 0x68F91002) works just fine, and i do need the AMDAccelerator.kext. There are glitches (specially in browsers) but they are tolerable and all games tested work just perfectly. AFAIK, the 4xxx cards - which do not need the said kext - work without glitches but OpenGL fails to run properly (red pixel in Cinebench, no games rendering properly). The problem seems to be a little bit more complex than a single kext issue.

All the best!

in my opinion a half working Card is a Not working Card

when it comes to glitches totally intolerable

but well everybody to its own gusto ;)

leaves us to wait until someone comes up with a brilliant idea to fix it

Yes, akimoa, but that's not my point: what I mean is the HD 5450 works better than any 4xxx card and yet needs the AMDAccelerator.kext: I think it's premature to point it as the sole culprit.

All the best!

hello theconnactic :)

do not you mean the opposite ? the HD 4xxx work better than any HD 5/6/7xxx on AMD CPU ? ;)

• Like 2

No, Gilles: they do work better than most HD 5/6/7xxx series on AMD machines, except for the HD 5450 Silent (ID 0x68F91002). Here's some topics of comparison:

- The HD 4xxx series in general present minor to no glitches; the 5450 Silent will have minor glitches in browsers that can be solved quite easily by disabling composite/canvas drawing, and some glitches in Finder's file preview (but not in Cover Flow);

- The HD 4xxx series will be able to play movies without glitches; the 5450 Silent will do the same;

- The HD 4xxx series - and here's the deal breaker, the reason i recommend the 5450 Silent over any HD 4xxx card, even the more powerful ones - will give you the red pixel error in Cinebench. That's not cosmetic as i thought before, but a sign that something is very wrong with OpenGL on these cards: as a result, most games will malfunction or not run at all, and i suppose most rendering software will suffer the same. With the HD 5450 Silent, all games i tested (and i did a lot of testing, it was kinda fun) and all rendering software i threw on it worked just like they do on Win 7, mutatis mutandis.

I think Akimoa made an educated guess about the AMDAccelerator.kext, but i'm convinced he's not quite right: these glitches do affect more the AMDAccelerator.kext-based cards, but there are exceptions, such as the HD 5450 Silent, and these exceptions seems to confirm the cause lies somewhere else, or couldn't be isolated to that kext only.

All the best!

hello theconnactic ,

euh ?? de mon avis , utiliser OS X pour jouer , ça relève de l'exploit même sur un Macpro !? :D , windows fait cela bien mieux ;)

je préfères avoir un Mac AMD avec des pixels rouge qui fonctionnent très bien pour l'utilisation courante sans artifact en tout genre et clignotement divers des icônes , une HD 5450 n'est pas faite pour les jeux , la 7950 oui et je pense que le domaine exclusif des jeux vidéos , il vaut mieux se tourner vers win DX 11 qui gère largement mieux ce genre d'application .

j'avoue que je n'ai pas essayé d'autre application utilisant la carte graphique comme CS5/6 ou Final Cut .

je conseille vivement les HD 4xxx , bien entendu , dans l'attente de trouver nos problèmes graphiques sévères :(

uh? in my opinion, use OS X to play, it is an achievement even on a Macpro? :D , windows made ​​it better ;)

I prefer to have an AMD Mac with red pixels that work very well for the current artifact-free use of all kinds and various flashing icons, an HD 5450 is not made ​​for games, 7950 and yes I think the exclusive domain of video games, it is better to turn to win DX 11 which runs substantially better this application.

I confess that I have not tried other application using the graphics card as CS5/6 or Final Cut.

I highly recommend the HD 4xxx, of course, waiting to find our severe graphics problems :(

• Like 1

No, Gilles, you didn't understand my point at all, my friend: it's not about which card is the best for you, since it's quite a subjective matter. It's about the causes of our issues: Akimoa made a bold guess, isolating the cause in the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext. The good performance of the HD 5450 and the OpenGL woes of the 4xxx cards prove this statement is false: while the cards that use the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext are indeed the ones that are affected the most, all ATI cards are affected in some degree.

All in all, i think we cannot really recommend Mountain Lion for all AMD users, regardless of the card - Lion would be the stable choice - but i maintain my position the HD5450 offers a more complete user experience for anyone wanting to try Lion on AMD, precisely because of the OpenGL failure that happens with the otherwise working HD4xxx, since the glitches and artifacts of the HD5450 can be solved easily, while the OpenGL issues of the 4xxx cards have no solution to the moment.

All the best!

So is there any way to make openGL work with HD4XXX?

I tried a openGL testing program, and it passes all tests!

However I can see the 3D box it is rendering till openGL 1.4, every version of openGL >1.4 is invisible.

I also get the red pixel error in cinebench.

And when trying to play COD modern warfare, I get to load the level and as soon as the game starts, the game crashes.

I can play minecraft, I made some openGL mods for Lens flares , liquid water and stuff (<- really cool D:)

But these are openGL so these work fine.

• Like 2

I am currently running the AMD FX 8120 on Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and am having issues with the ASUS 5450 Silent 1GB Graphics Card. If anyone would be kind enough to help suggest to me a method to get my graphics fully working then that would be awesome. Here is the current state of my graphics shown in this short clip I recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhV8XIehK4

open terminal and type " sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor -dict tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256 " with out the quotes.

When that finishes type " sudo defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor "

it should show up as:

{

tileHeight = 256;

tileWidth = 256;

}

• Like 1

open terminal and type " sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor -dict tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256 " with out the quotes.

When that finishes type " sudo defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor "

it should show up as:

{

tileHeight = 256;

tileWidth = 256;

}

hello ,

ça règle les problèmes graphiques ?

it sets the graphics problems?

thank .

Some results with 10.8.4 using Andy's kernel. Very minimal glitches on the HD5450 Luxmark benchmark crashes as shown in the screenshot below. Cinebench worked with no errors and OpenGL Extension Viewer detects everything. Looks like the OpenCL_runtime is to blame for some errors.

Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 23.34.39.png Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 23.38.58.png

• Like 1

Hello,everybody!

I'm 13 years old and from China! It's truth! I'm like Hackintosh very much! My computer can work on 10.8.3,but have many Graphic Issues!

How long the new is finish?Who can tell me? My card is HD7750, and CPU is X2 245.

Thanks.

Hello,everybody!

I'm 13 years old and from China! It's truth! I'm like Hackintosh very much! My computer can work on 10.8.3,but have many Graphic Issues!

How long the new kernel is finish?Who can tell me? My card is HD7750, and CPU is X2 245.

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Devs! I had some problems.

Here's my detail:

k4M6BZW.png

AMD Athlon II X2 240

GA-M68M-S2P

iATKOS ML2 updated to 10.8.4

Deleted /S/L/E/ATI*, /S/L/E/AppleIntel* and /S/L/E/GeForce*

Andy's AMD Kernel

Get this atibeta4a1.zip installed

Added 0x675f1002 to /S/L/E/ATI6000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist 

Boot with "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f UseAtiROM=Yes AtiFb=Eulumer" and got this

lhMHI2V.jpg

Tried:

• "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f UseAtiROM=YES"
  • "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f UseAtiROM=YES PCIRootUID=0"
  • "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f UseAtiROM=Yes PCIRootUID=1"
still stuck but with "GE=NO"

Actually I'm not sure what type/series this card is. My friend gave me and tell me this is 5570.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

u need a bootloader wich allows you to boot with a ati rom a couple sites back in this thread i posted one ...be shure u name the rom correct       vendorid_deviceid_subvendorid.rom    and drop it in the extra folder 

good luck ;)