• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

WellCze

WellCze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello, i have this AMD Turion™ II P540 Dual-Core Processor × 2  and Ati HD 5470 with Mountain lion using myHack. Im using AtiConfig=Hoolock GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v bootflags + Forced Edid and its right resoultion 1366x768. But i get lots of Artifacts(or Glitches i dont know), sometimes when i open folder, there are no icons in it and the dock icons disappear etc. When i download the Kexts for 5470 (Fully working called) The system loads but so slow, that when i login i have to wait like 20seconds for letter to appear. System detects the card without kexts as 5400 series. It would work nicely but these artifacts makes it unusable :( Any way this could get fixed? Would using Lion instead of ML help?

Edit: Using Broznovka kernel rc9 the glitches disappear, but bad preformance, no transluscent bar etc.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Answering to your questions: 1) No way and 2) yes, it would help to use Lion instead, but remember to use the flag arch=i386 since the bug is present only in 64-bit kernel mode.

All the best!

WellCze

WellCze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Answering to your questions: 1) No way and 2) yes, it would help to use Lion instead, but remember to use the flag arch=i386 since the bug is present only in 64-bit kernel mode.

All the best!

Thank you for reply. Does using arch=i386 make my system go 32bit? It would make it unable to use 64bit apps from Mac App Store right?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

No: the apps will work fine. Only 64-bit drivers won't function.

All the best!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

This is help-topic related. This post will be deleted.

I need something to help me with 4250 HD ? just so I can get resolution change and youtube to work :)

NovaXq

NovaXq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Ok, I am at 10.8.2 with Sinetek's kernel for AMD processors. 

I got QE/CI enabled by entering my Dev-ID into AMDRadeonAccelerator, ATI5000Controller, and ATI6000Controller. 

The glitches are crazy. Chrome is a solid box of black and orange. Anybody got any hints? It's running in 1080p so far! 

hzhjy123

hzhjy123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

I got QE/CI enabled by entering my Dev-ID into AMDRadeonAccelerator, ATI5000Controller, and ATI6000Controller.

The glitches are crazy. Chrome is a solid box of black and orange. Anybody got any hints? It's running in 1080p so far!

We cannot slove now.The problem is so difficult!

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 471 posts

Try EDIT2: should fix Chrome, or use my launcher (attached), pretty much does the same thing....

Yeah but that is PepperFlash problem
Right Click Chrome, Show Package Contents -> Versions -> (some number) -> Framework -> Internet Plug-In -> Pepper Flash

Delete the plugin and that page loads fine.

EDIT: Instead of deleting pepperflash, you could disable flash. Type chrome://plugins/ -> Details -> Disable Adobe Flash (disable the whole Adobe Flash as even the original Flash Plugin messes up the page)

EDIT 2: PepperFlash Workarond, launch Crome in terminal with the switch "-disable-accelerated-compositing"
like this : Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

Trying the tool :( sadly errors as people are stating on the tool page.

Attached Files

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Hi guy, i am having problem whit 10.8.3 on AMD FX-4100, MSi ATi HD7870 oc. . .

osx.jpg

I saw a couple of you guys have the same problem, have anyone found fix???

EDIT: Problem is whit openGL. . .when i remove AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver i do not get artefacts, but than acceleration is problem. . .

Akaike

Akaike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

does someone know if it is possible to run OSX with an AMD A8-5557M. I mean, I know it's possible because I already have installed OSX on my system. The only problem is now the graphic cards. I have two of them in my laptop: HD 8550G and the 8750M. Under windows they are running in the dual graphics mode.

I know that this is impossible under OSX. But would it be possible to activate the HD 8550 G? Under OSX it shows me only that this graphic card has only 4 mb vram the other one has 2 gb vram - I think it's the 8750M, But they are both not really active. QE/CI is disabled.

It would be very great if someone could help me out here with this issue :).

Thank you very much in advance.

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music

Hey guys,

How does the 5450 silent work these days?

Bitcore

chocoboss

chocoboss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Sapphire Radeon HD5450 ( Silent version ) -> work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

MSI Radeon HD6770 ( flashed to be detected as a 5770 ) ->work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

Sapphire Radeon HD5770 -> work OOBE in 10.8.5

My MSI 6770 should come back next week but since it is flashed to be detected as a 5770 I don't think there will be any difference with the Sapphire

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

Sapphire Radeon HD5450 ( Silent version ) -> work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

MSI Radeon HD6770 ( flashed to be detected as a 5770 ) ->work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

Sapphire Radeon HD5770 -> work OOBE in 10.8.5

My MSI 6770 should come back next week but since it is flashed to be detected as a 5770 I don't think there will be any difference with the Sapphire

:)

+  Sapphire HD 4670/512 silent => ootb (10.6/7/8/9) <> Sapphire HD 4850/1024 /DVI not vga / not hdmi (10.6/7/8/9)<> Asus 7950 /3072 Direct CUII Top V2 ootb (Maveriks)   :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy