ATI Graphic Issues on AMD ML Hackintosh Systems

AkimoA

193 posts in this topic

Working MSI R5750 1GB on Lion Mountain 10.8.4

Specs:

MSI 790FX-GD80

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition unlocked to x4 cores and 3.1 ghz.

2x ATI 5750 Crossfire.

bootflag: -v -f -x that is modus work no glitches no artefact only slow and something programs cannot open not work on modus.

werkt.png

bootflag -v npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 that well glitches and artefact :( :(

werkt2.png

werkt3.png

i hope know you now that to Modus working bootflag -v -f -x not for all programme that is modus

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have this AMD Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor × 2  and Ati HD 5470 with Mountain lion using myHack. Im using AtiConfig=Hoolock GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v bootflags + Forced Edid and its right resoultion 1366x768. But i get lots of Artifacts(or Glitches i dont know), sometimes when i open folder, there are no icons in it and the dock icons disappear etc. When i download the Kexts for 5470 (Fully working called) The system loads but so slow, that when i login i have to wait like 20seconds for letter to appear. System detects the card without kexts as 5400 series. It would work nicely but these artifacts makes it unusable :( Any way this could get fixed? Would using Lion instead of ML help?

Edit: Using Broznovka kernel rc9 the glitches disappear, but bad preformance, no transluscent bar etc.

Answering to your questions: 1) No way and 2) yes, it would help to use Lion instead, but remember to use the flag arch=i386 since the bug is present only in 64-bit kernel mode.

All the best!

Thank you for reply. Does using arch=i386 make my system go 32bit? It would make it unable to use 64bit apps from Mac App Store right?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am at 10.8.2 with Sinetek's kernel for AMD processors. 

I got QE/CI enabled by entering my Dev-ID into AMDRadeonAccelerator, ATI5000Controller, and ATI6000Controller. 

The glitches are crazy. Chrome is a solid box of black and orange. Anybody got any hints? It's running in 1080p so far! 

I got QE/CI enabled by entering my Dev-ID into AMDRadeonAccelerator, ATI5000Controller, and ATI6000Controller.

The glitches are crazy. Chrome is a solid box of black and orange. Anybody got any hints? It's running in 1080p so far!

We cannot slove now.The problem is so difficult!

Try EDIT2: should fix Chrome, or use my launcher (attached), pretty much does the same thing....

Yeah but that is PepperFlash problem

Right Click Chrome, Show Package Contents -> Versions -> (some number) -> Framework -> Internet Plug-In -> Pepper Flash

Delete the plugin and that page loads fine.

EDIT: Instead of deleting pepperflash, you could disable flash. Type chrome://plugins/ -> Details -> Disable Adobe Flash (disable the whole Adobe Flash as even the original Flash Plugin messes up the page)

EDIT 2: PepperFlash Workarond, launch Crome in terminal with the switch "-disable-accelerated-compositing"

like this : Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

Trying the tool :( sadly errors as people are stating on the tool page.

Google Chrome Launcher.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guy, i am having problem whit 10.8.3 on AMD FX-4100, MSi ATi HD7870 oc. . .

post-968257-0-59287900-1378503061_thumb.jpg

I saw a couple of you guys have the same problem, have anyone found fix???

EDIT: Problem is whit openGL. . .when i remove AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver i do not get artefacts, but than acceleration is problem. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

does someone know if it is possible to run OSX with an AMD A8-5557M. I mean, I know it's possible because I already have installed OSX on my system. The only problem is now the graphic cards. I have two of them in my laptop: HD 8550G and the 8750M. Under windows they are running in the dual graphics mode.

I know that this is impossible under OSX. But would it be possible to activate the HD 8550 G? Under OSX it shows me only that this graphic card has only 4 mb vram the other one has 2 gb vram - I think it's the 8750M, But they are both not really active. QE/CI is disabled.

It would be very great if someone could help me out here with this issue :).

Thank you very much in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sapphire Radeon HD5450 ( Silent version ) -> work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

MSI Radeon HD6770 ( flashed to be detected as a 5770 ) ->work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

Sapphire Radeon HD5770 -> work OOBE in 10.8.5

My MSI 6770 should come back next week but since it is flashed to be detected as a 5770 I don't think there will be any difference with the Sapphire

Sapphire Radeon HD5450 ( Silent version ) -> work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

MSI Radeon HD6770 ( flashed to be detected as a 5770 ) ->work with Kext, Full QE/CI ( OS X 10.6.8 )

Sapphire Radeon HD5770 -> work OOBE in 10.8.5

My MSI 6770 should come back next week but since it is flashed to be detected as a 5770 I don't think there will be any difference with the Sapphire

:)

+  Sapphire HD 4670/512 silent => ootb (10.6/7/8/9) <> Sapphire HD 4850/1024 /DVI not vga / not hdmi (10.6/7/8/9)<> Asus 7950 /3072 Direct CUII Top V2 ootb (Maveriks)   :)