88 posts in this topic

:)

yes and no, the company where I work has 7MW power of 1 MW heating and cooling power with 22 boxes for cooling an area of ​​28 000 m2, we get 30,000 people per year (spa)

powers are not comparable! Intel or AMD, irrelevant ;)

hello , :)

I think you're right, the measured values ​​are wrong in my opinion, the processor remains icy after a battery of tests which is not normal in my opinion, the motherboard In addition to a max TDP of 95 W and a frequency of 4.9 ghtz, I must greatly exceed the 125 w.

I think it should be a synthetic test and physical processor is 3.3 ghz, I'll do a test to see if 5.5 ghz Clover is not a chimera of all these results.

I confirm distorts the Clover, the figures true or false??

FX 6100 is 4.02 and the test cinebench 7500 Geekbench test

As you may have started to suspect after going up to impossible speeds like 5.5ghz, the results are false. Clover has option to set processor speed or turbo mode in it's settings for those rare occasions that the true speed is not being auto detected properly. If you set the speed in clover much higher than the bios and leave system running a while, you'll probably also see the clock in the menubar is a few minutes ahead of what time it should be. Every benchmark uses time in one way or another since PCs are basically big clocks, frequency components run at, clock cycles, everything except storage capacity/file size, revolves around time. Most look at how long it's different tasks take to complete, and generates a score based on this; the faster it gets done, the higher the score, or the more things it can get done in a given amount of time, the higher the score. Even for GPU benches that score FPS, the more frames in a second, the higher the score. So by increasing the clock speed that OSX thinks everything is running at it also thinks everything is happening faster than it really is. So while GPU may only be doing 30 FPS, it thinks it did 60 FPS, or while it really took 2 min to run all the geekbench tests, it thinks they were done in only 1 min. When you do this, truth is your performance actually gets worse since many operations are designed to do things in a given amount of time. Set bios to stock speed and bump clover way up and you'll see desktop animations moving noticebly slower or the chase seen in Cinebench look slow motion, OSX is actually slowing them down because it thinks they are all moving faster than they really are. I too found this out the hard way, changed speed back to default in bios while doing some other hardware testing and seeing all my benchmark scores skyrocket. I was very happy! But had a hunch it was too good to be true :( I wasn't going to post this fearing some people may purposely do this just to cheat benchmarks, but once I saw your comment I could tell you were already suspicious so it would have ended up here sooner or later. No such thing as a free overclock :)

• Like 1

As you may have started to suspect after going up to impossible speeds like 5.5ghz, the results are false. Clover has option to set processor speed or turbo mode in it's settings for those rare occasions that the true speed is not being auto detected properly. If you set the speed in clover much higher than the bios and leave system running a while, you'll probably also see the clock in the menubar is a few minutes ahead of what time it should be. Every benchmark uses time in one way or another since PCs are basically big clocks, frequency components run at, clock cycles, everything except storage capacity/file size, revolves around time. Most look at how long it's different tasks take to complete, and generates a score based on this; the faster it gets done, the higher the score, or the more things it can get done in a given amount of time, the higher the score. Even for GPU benches that score FPS, the more frames in a second, the higher the score. So by increasing the clock speed that OSX thinks everything is running at it also thinks everything is happening faster than it really is. So while GPU may only be doing 30 FPS, it thinks it did 60 FPS, or while it really took 2 min to run all the geekbench tests, it thinks they were done in only 1 min. When you do this, truth is your performance actually gets worse since many operations are designed to do things in a given amount of time. Set bios to stock speed and bump clover way up and you'll see desktop animations moving noticebly slower or the chase seen in Cinebench look slow motion, OSX is actually slowing them down because it thinks they are all moving faster than they really are. I too found this out the hard way, changed speed back to default in bios while doing some other hardware testing and seeing all my benchmark scores skyrocket. I was very happy! But had a hunch it was too good to be true :( I wasn't going to post this fearing some people may purposely do this just to cheat benchmarks, but once I saw your comment I could tell you were already suspicious so it would have ended up here sooner or later. No such thing as a free overclock :)

hello , :)

exact, Clover plays only on the system clock, which is logical to be, it is not able to change the bios settings without validation parameter changes it.

it's frustrating.

That said the FX 6100 is capable of running at 5 ghz, I've tried. :D

• 2 weeks later...

A difference of 60 points in a 6000+ level is negligible (< 1%). But do make sure spotlight indexing is not occurring: it lowers consistently the scores. Other thing: OSX perform the best with 64-bit scores, beating Windows in a regular basis. Try a 64-bit benchmark, since the kernel does allow it.

All the best!

64 bits http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1861872

• Like 1

compu:~ cc$ uname -a

Darwin compu.local 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: пятница, 12 апреля 2013 г. 22:05:27 (MSK); BronzovkaAnVoodoo_Sinetek###:xnu-1699.32.7/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_I386 i386

compu:~ cc$ time geekbench

Geekbench 2.2.6 : http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/

Geekbench is in tryout mode

Geekbench is limited to running 32-bit benchmarks while in tryout mode.

Please purchase Geekbench to remove all limitations found in tryout mode.

If you would like to purchase Geekbench you can do so online:

http://store.primatelabs.ca/

If you have already purchased Geekbench, enter your email address and license

key from your email receipt with the following command line:

geekbench -r <email address> <license key>

System Information

Operating System Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Build 11G63)

Model Hackintosh

Motherboard Apple Inc. Mac-F4208DC8 1.0

Processor AMD Athlon X2 7850 @ 3.00 GHz

1 Processor, 2 Cores, 2 Threads

Processor ID AuthenticAMD Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3

L1 Instruction Cache 64.0 KB x 2

L1 Data Cache 64.0 KB x 2

L2 Cache 512 KB x 2

L3 Cache 2.00 MB

Memory 4.00 GB 4198 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

BIOS Apple Inc. MP31.88Z.006C.B02.0801021250

Integer

Blowfish

single-threaded scalar 2105 ||||||||

multi-threaded scalar 3975 |||||||||||||||

Text Compress

single-threaded scalar 1976 |||||||

multi-threaded scalar 3626 ||||||||||||||

Text Decompress

single-threaded scalar 2040 ||||||||

multi-threaded scalar 3723 ||||||||||||||

Image Compress

single-threaded scalar 1859 |||||||

multi-threaded scalar 3187 ||||||||||||

Image Decompress

single-threaded scalar 1428 |||||

multi-threaded scalar 2689 ||||||||||

Lua

single-threaded scalar 2881 |||||||||||

multi-threaded scalar 5088 ||||||||||||||||||||

Floating Point

Mandelbrot

single-threaded scalar 1903 |||||||

multi-threaded scalar 3483 |||||||||||||

Dot Product

single-threaded scalar 3100 ||||||||||||

multi-threaded scalar 5597 ||||||||||||||||||||||

single-threaded vector 2639 ||||||||||

multi-threaded vector 5397 |||||||||||||||||||||

LU Decomposition

single-threaded scalar 733 ||

multi-threaded scalar 1213 ||||

Primality Test

single-threaded scalar 2935 |||||||||||

multi-threaded scalar 4432 |||||||||||||||||

Sharpen Image

single-threaded scalar 5324 |||||||||||||||||||||

multi-threaded scalar 9467 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Blur Image

single-threaded scalar 6982 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||

multi-threaded scalar 12519 ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Memory

Read Sequential

single-threaded scalar 3358 |||||||||||||

Write Sequential

single-threaded scalar 3307 |||||||||||||

Stdlib Allocate

single-threaded scalar 2367 |||||||||

Stdlib Write

single-threaded scalar 1549 ||||||

Stdlib Copy

single-threaded scalar 2242 ||||||||

Stream

Stream Copy

single-threaded scalar 2884 |||||||||||

single-threaded vector 3766 |||||||||||||||

Stream Scale

single-threaded scalar 3392 |||||||||||||

single-threaded vector 3597 ||||||||||||||

Stream Add

single-threaded scalar 1426 |||||

single-threaded vector 3584 ||||||||||||||

Stream Triad

single-threaded scalar 1564 ||||||

single-threaded vector 2797 |||||||||||

Benchmark Summary

Integer Score 2881 |||||||||||

Floating Point Score 4694 ||||||||||||||||||

Memory Score 2564 ||||||||||

Stream Score 2876 |||||||||||

Geekbench Score 3451 |||||||||||||

Upload results to the Geekbench Result Browser? [Y/n]n

real 1m46.124s

user 1m52.034s

sys 0m10.197s

________

EDIT: memory is wrong detected

________

PS: i would like to ask people to post in this thread the output of "uname -a" followed by "time geekbench", instead of screenshot or link to. just to improve the thread reading. thanks in advance

Edited by bcobco

• 4 months later...

:)

Phenom x4 960t

unlocker  enable  x6 ok

Frequency CPU 3.0 (200x15)  stock

Frequency CPU CPB turbo (200x19) 3.8

Vcore 1,475  stock

Ram 1333  stock (200x8) 1600

PCIE  x100  stock

C1E  disable

cool n' Quiet disable

HPET enable

AHCI enable

chameleon 2252 + SMBIOS iMac 12.1 + KernelPatcher.dylib /  flag : npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No (arch=i386 for 10.7.5)

kernel 11.4.2 Fix Bronya for 10.7.5

kernel 12.3 Fix Bronya for ML 10.8.4

:thumbsup_anim:

741948Capturede769cran20130821a768235434

192103Capturede769cran20130821a768233554

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fxb_VFQsovw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=feDhNvkP4Mw

:thumbsup_anim: