AMD issues with nVidia cards running Lion 64-bits/Mountain Lion [DON'T ASK HELP HERE, THE HELP TOPIC IS THERE FOR YOU]

175 posts in this topic

While playing about with some files earlier I left my PC attempting to boot leaving it on the black screen and received a message as follows,

32 bit opemu wrong instruction

I have messaged Andy about it so lets see what happens.

Problems with Nvidia graphics card driver from 10.8.3 seem to work for my Geforce Nvidia GTX 550TI.

Procedure: Remove all Graphics drivers from / S / L / E and replace it with this drivers Nvidia , see Message 9 by StephanCA

Please test it, if it works with your Nvidia Graka, too.

I have first modified all binaries with the tool by Andy and then i have deleted all video drivers from / S / L / E and than I'll installed the video drivers from 10,8,3.

now the system is running very well. I had considerable problems with my system. each time the system crashed when I open programs or anything else had. I am now verry happy that these problems are over. but the System booted without QE/C I!!!

Ohne Titel.tiff

I have first modified all binaries with the tool by Andy and then i have deleted all video drivers from / S / L / E and than I'll installed the video drivers from 10,8,3.

now the system is running very well. I had considerable problems with my system. each time the system crashed when I open programs or anything else had. I am now verry happy that these problems are over. but the System booted without QE/C I!!!

He has also posted the GeForceGLDriver.bundle file which is the one that makes QE/CI work. I tried it and got the same black screen as before.

If you look at the log for WindowServer you will probably see this line,

0 libsystem_c.dylib 0x000000010e1cfc85 bzero$VARIANT$sse2 + 197

Its a problem with the opemu within the kernel as far as I know.

• Like 1

I have installed the GPUSupport.framework, the system has booted without any problems, I come normal into the desktop, I make tomorrow some pictures . :thumbsup_anim:

but the problem with opemu - kernel panic crash must necessarily be fixed! :moil:

Edited by spakk

Sorry I forgot these two drivers to install GeForceGLDriver.bundle and OpenGL.framework. the system still boots. wait a moment

Edit:

It boots into the desktop!! its works

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: But then comes this sh_it opemu panic crash!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by spakk

HI SS01,

for a few weeks ago i could have tested the Zeus tool with my Nvidia GTX550 TI, unfortunately the Zeus tool was not tried to find my video card or was not supported my GTX550TI!

:)

hello,

I think we should dig deeper (+) on x86_64 GraphicsEnabler mode with our AMD kernel, I noticed that all the cards do not need GE worked almost correctly (HD 48xx/56xx/57xx/58xx etc. ...), I tried an experiment attempting voluntarily KP on my Acer 8930G/9600 GSm, it is quite revealing that having voluntarily removed GE = Yes, provovoque a black screen and freeze complete system. similar bug that we find on our AMD and only in this case the mode-x permait startup.

I had already noticed long ago that GE = Yes or No had no bearing on my 4850 1024 HD with opengl reduced by 85% and go with that bug :(

I'd be curious to see a GTX 285 or 8800 GT in the Apple lineup on our AMD configurations.

Now, I'd understand how GE is generated and where does it our tree?

Hey!

I tried a few different stuff, last using Macmini6,2 profile to do the special 10.8.2 update!

Furthermore i patched AppleLPC to my lpcdevice and created a block in AGPM imac12.2 section for my device!

I have not much but a little success: If I start up normally I can see and use the mouse for a few seconds before I get to the black screen, shown before in this thread! That didn´t happen before with my device (GTX660).

AGPM and NVDAStartup both tell me they found my device!

Even without my modified DSDT my card is now recognized correctly in safe mode! (Also didn´t happen before)

At the moment I´m playing around with patching single files in /usr/lib !

Maybe something useful comes up!

I add my log files just in case ;)

Archiv.zip

• Like 1

:)

hello,

I think we should dig deeper (+) on x86_64 GraphicsEnabler mode with our AMD kernel, I noticed that all the cards do not need GE worked almost correctly (HD 48xx/56xx/57xx/58xx etc. ...), I tried an experiment attempting voluntarily KP on my Acer 8930G/9600 GSm, it is quite revealing that having voluntarily removed GE = Yes, provovoque a black screen and freeze complete system. similar bug that we find on our AMD and only in this case the mode-x permait startup.

I had already noticed long ago that GE = Yes or No had no bearing on my 4850 1024 HD with opengl reduced by 85% and go with that bug :(

I'd be curious to see a GTX 285 or 8800 GT in the Apple lineup on our AMD configurations.

Now, I'd understand how GE is generated and where does it our tree?

Si un 7600GS marcherai pour votre ideé, je peut tester celui-la plus tard quand j'ai le temps.

If a 7600GS works for your idea, I can test it later when I have time.

Si un 7600GS marcherai pour votre ideé, je peut tester celui-la plus tard quand j'ai le temps.

If a 7600GS works for your idea, I can test it later when I have time.

yes, it would be interresting to test a graphics card NV Brand Apple. As a subterfuge Mac GE does not exist.

It is also important to note that the emulator SSSE3 has nothing to do with this bug because Sinetek to compile a kernel 12.2 for time without Emulator compatible CPUs FX.

the result is the same.

Conversely says kernel works fine on Intel no bug found

this is a crazy story! :worried_anim:

Now I have placed my GTX550 TI in my dsdt. as i booted my system at first time was a strange behavior of the graphics card to watch a video of a pixel image, then everything went dark, then light again and in the end everything is dark then graphics crashed.

i have all boot flag variants tested, now OSX started with this boot flag: npci=0x3000 pcirootuid=0 arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x -f , the desktop is loaded, system running like an old granny with crutches.

:worried_anim::blowup:

Tested raws new compiled kernel for 10.8.2 with late 2012 imac update and with/without patched AGPM:

In safe mode the nvidia drivers starts and after journal replay nothing happens, in normal mode the journal replay line is missing and nothing happens!

Both stuck at boot without a logfile :-\