AMD issues with nVidia cards running Lion 64-bits/Mountain Lion [DON'T ASK HELP HERE, THE HELP TOPIC IS THERE FOR YOU]

175 posts in this topic

I can also confirm that , yesterday I had the same result! It not works, its works only with GraphicsEnabler=No -x

I have also tried the next Test with this driver set , it showed the same problem.

:worried_anim:

Hi Andy sinetek, theconnatic, meklort, Deltaco, etc etc.

Can we not put that and modified this for OSX?

Download Geforce driver for AMD / Linux

Spakk Im pretty sure the idea of porting the linux driver over has been thought about and deemed nearly impossible. If my memory is corrent its not the porting of the driver that would be too difficult, it is making it work with OSX's closed source API's that would be the near impossible challenge.

The menu bar, is it translucent? When you start launchpad, does it work or freeze your system?

Could you please upload the 10.7.4 kexts you used for me to test? I have 10.7.5 and its kexts doesn't work, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Translucent? if you mean, I can see other applications in the background when I opened the menu bar= yes, and my launchpad work not freeze. Here is the kext nvidia lion 10.7.4 and some picture my lion and mountain lion. I hope this helps you to test :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/680enaiqry42hgu/ZN0fdltAp1

waiting for you and the others to solve this problem.. keep spirit

best regards

I've got some progress after installing latest nvidia drivers in safe mode and patching them like here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/61367-opencl-problem-my-gtx-560-ti-mountain-lion-3.html. I have managed to make ML to recognize my GTX550 ti. But it boots only in safe mode. In normal mode,when it should show UI it shows black screen and terminates processes. What is it about?

Has anyone tried messing with Zeus yet?

http://www.groths.org/?page_id=108

Yes, it doesnt recognize my card. I cant pull information from it nor dump a rom. Since all that fails to work I dont feel comfortable trying to flash anything.

Oh, I should add, it says quartz driver is not installed....now it might be because I disabled opengl kexts, but when I enabled them and booted -x it said the same thing...although, it might be because I was booting -x.

Alright I made the next step with our cards...but before I celebrate like its working...or even worth it I need someone to tell me how I can test to see if GeforceGLDriver.bundle and GeforceGA.bundle are loaded. As they are not kexts I cant locate them im the extention area of system profiler.

now the good news if they are loaded!

I can boot with them loaded, without -x.

I can also boot with GE=Yes and GE=No (makes no difference though)

Although I have run -f and UseKernelCache=No I am still not confident that GeforceGLDriver.bundle and GeforceGA.bundle are actually loaded.

So please before I can fully confirm what I did and help others get there, if you know a terminal command or any other way to test to see if the bundles are loaded, please let me know.

EDIT: My findings:

Well, since I've gotten this Nvidia card to boot without disabling any kexts and not being in safe mode I have tried everything in my power to try and get QE/CI to work to no avail. The last thing I am going to try is Andy's modified Nvidia Resman and GeforceGA.bundle. Interesting enough using the Zeus app and checking the driver to see if "quartz driver" is installed it states no. Now I can't fathom why apple would offer more "security" or checks between the kernel and the Nvidia kexts as apposed to the ATI cards…imo they both should work the same and have graphics glitches(due to the likely cause of the ssse3emu).

@byransays:

kextstat | grep Geforce

That should do the trick. (Unless kextstat doesn't list bundles, in which case I have no idea.)

Thanks for the suggestion...I tried that, no avail. It should at least show GeForce.kext, but that doesnt even show up.

edit: I tried looking for Geforce.kext under system profiler. Not loaded. Interesting....

Edit2: alright redid my mkext and now GeForce.kext is loaded. Although nothing found under your terminal code Instant idiot.

Thanks for the suggestion...I tried that, no avail. It should at least show GeForce.kext, but that doesnt even show up.

edit: I tried looking for Geforce.kext under system profiler. Not loaded. Interesting....

Edit2: alright redid my mkext and now GeForce.kext is loaded. Although nothing found under your terminal code Instant idiot.

Try this:

kextstat | grep GeForce*

• Like 1

You are aware this is all case-sensitive, right?

Hi guys, do you believe it ? today i get my optimum resolution 1360x768. In case I only install all of kext from NVidia retail drivers for 10.8.2 (304.00.05f02) and find "archive" with show package contents then I replace with GeForce.kext & GeForceGLDriver.bundle from lion 10.7.4 and put in S/L/E.

If you ask QE/CI? i'm not sure but I hope this will helps you

see my pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5obyow3xbj0zhj6/my1082-fullres.png

You are aware this is all case-sensitive, right?

Correct, I am. I tried many different variants.

Try this:

kextstat | grep GeForce*

Yes, did that also...it doesnt return anything, it just goes to another new line waiting for input.

Connactic, if his menu bar wasn't translucent, it'd be a solid white. Not sure what's going on

Well, since I've gotten this Nvidia card to boot without disabling any kexts and not being in safe mode I have tried everything in my power to try and get QE/CI to work to no avail. The last thing I am going to try is Andy's modified Nvidia Resman and GeforceGA.bundle. Interesting enough using the Zeus app and checking the driver to see if "quartz driver" is installed it states no. Now I can't fathom why apple would offer more "security" or checks between the kernel and the Nvidia kexts as apposed to the ATI cards…imo they both should work the same and have graphics glitches(due to the likely cause of the ssse3emu).

Current Macs don't use ATI cards...

Connactic, if his menu bar wasn't translucent, it'd be a solid white. Not sure what's going on

Current Macs don't use ATI cards...

This is what the menubar should look like with full acceleration:

OS_X_Mountain_Lion_Screenshot.jpg

Hi, guys)) first post here!!! :worried_anim:

i've successfuly booted 10.8.2 on my hardware, wich is in signature, but have 2 problems and it's all with Nvidia

first of all - resolution problem, as I understood it's a problem with NVDAResman? what i need to do?

and second problem is - ML had recognized my GPU as Nvidia GT440 1024Mb but i've GT440 512 maybe who knew which plist file need to edit?

'cause editing in NVDA100Hal does nothing and adding other Natit.kext for my card too

:help:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for disturbance once again! Still trying to run Mac OS X Lion on AMD CPU with bronzovka's kernel. I've found out that if i delete those files (GeForceGA.plugin and GeForceGLDriver.bundle) - the system runs well, but i don't have my GPU acceleration (as i've explained before). Still, if i keep these files I have all the acceleration, the launchpad works perfect, but the screen is messed with some artifacts (distortions), so very quickly it appears to be impossible to work. My GPU is NVidia GeForce GTX460. So, is there any solution to this problem, or is there a kernel update ahead which solves this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Thought I would post my attempts at getting my GT 430 to work out.

I have tried different versions of all the GeForce and NVDA kexts with no luck. With a copy of ML DP4 GeForceGLDriver.bundle the system booted with no QE/CI and without safe boot but was really 'laggy'. Removing GeForceGLDriver.bundle also results in the same. I tried patching GeForceGLDriver.bundle as I though it seemed to be the one causing the problems but still no luck.

I also tried different versions of the OpenCL.framework and OpenGL.framework with no luck.

Kexts such as Nattit and NVEnabler also did not help out. I also tried adding device and vendor ID's into many of the graphics related kexts to no luck also. EFI String also did nothing to help.

I am currently playing about with Quartz.framework and QuartzCore.framework to see if that will make a difference.

On some of my failed boot attempts Carbon.framework was mentioned in the logs so I will investigate that also.

I have also tried different versions of Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and =No. I tried Clover earlier which also didn't seem to make a difference.

I will keep you all posted :thumbsup_anim:

Edit: Forgot to mention I have also tried the nVidia Retail Drivers and the 10.8.2 retina update drivers and installing the full update....

• Like 1

Hi!

Not at all! The issues here are random kernel panics with that kernel, everytime i need to do something with Finder. That's why i revert back to good old AnV legacy_kernel for 10.6.8. About graphics, to emphasize, no graphics glitches at all with Sinetek's 10.6.8 kernel.

Best regards!