AMD issues with nVidia cards running Lion 64-bits/Mountain Lion [DON'T ASK HELP HERE, THE HELP TOPIC IS THERE FOR YOU]

AMD nVidia GeForce Mountain Lion Lion 64-bits hackintosh legacy kernel QE/CI

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
Please someone do the test, so we are sure

Mad Marcsen

Mad Marcsen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

In NVDAResman I just removed the cpuids as i couldn't trace the call and check.
In libclh I could remove both the cpuid and the check for it.
It seems Apple does an extra tamper check, yes...

so... what can they check with cpuid? if i understand this correct they can check for everything there... so removing the cpuid doesn't work, but changing what they check could work, or?

for example... if cpuid = amd then execute..... so that cpuid is still there and gets a value it is satisfied with.....or? but that's really hard, or? :D

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
Hi, folks!

Meklort and I talked yesterday about these nVidia issues. He suggested perhaps the drivers are talking with NVRAM, and that could be a potential source of issues, as well as CPUIDs.

Best regards!

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh

so... what can they check with cpuid? if i understand this correct they can check for everything there... so removing the cpuid doesn't work, but changing what they check could work, or?

for example... if cpuid = amd then execute..... so that cpuid is still there and gets a value it is satisfied with.....or? but that's really hard, or? :D

I think AnV means that Apple checks if the executable / binary file is original. And if not -> not working / executing it.

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
hi andy.. i test your nvidia patched and success detect my gpu GT220 1024 mb with boot flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but the problem is to slowly or sometimes flicker/ lagg. In my case i change all of nvidia kext ML 10.8.2 with nvidia kext Lion 10.7.4 then patch like your instruction. When i combine with NVEnabler, probe fails and my gpu detected with unknown nvidia card 1024 mb but normal no flick or lagg.

before test with your patch my gpu : unkonwn nvidia 3 mb, sorry for my bad english..

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

I think AnV means that Apple checks if the executable / binary file is original. And if not -> not working / executing it.

Then we need to binary patch? Like with the Atom kernel for iCloud/Facetime.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
Hi, pico joe!

Are you saying that the method worked, and you have QE/CI?

Thank you!

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I'm not sure, but I can see flurry screen saver (the other default not work) and playing chess (a little bit slowly).

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,820 posts
The menu bar, is it translucent? When you start launchpad, does it work or freeze your system?

Could you please upload the 10.7.4 kexts you used for me to test? I have 10.7.5 and its kexts doesn't work, unfortunately.

Best regards!

djdarkrider

djdarkrider

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
After doing replacing dylid+modified Driver+ V10.8.2 Driver , boot flag : npci=0x3000 -v -f
With stock nvidaresman I came to http://djdarkrider.t...age/40695592179
GTX 550 Ti M.L 10,8,2

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
I can also confirm that , yesterday I had the same result! It not works, its works only with GraphicsEnabler=No -x

I have also tried the next Test with this driver set , it showed the same problem.

:worried_anim:

Hi Andy sinetek, theconnatic, meklort, Deltaco, etc etc.

Can we not put that and modified this for OSX?

Download Geforce driver for AMD / Linux

DaMadOne

DaMadOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Spakk Im pretty sure the idea of porting the linux driver over has been thought about and deemed nearly impossible. If my memory is corrent its not the porting of the driver that would be too difficult, it is making it work with OSX's closed source API's that would be the near impossible challenge.

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

The menu bar, is it translucent? When you start launchpad, does it work or freeze your system?

Could you please upload the 10.7.4 kexts you used for me to test? I have 10.7.5 and its kexts doesn't work, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Translucent? if you mean, I can see other applications in the background when I opened the menu bar= yes, and my launchpad work not freeze. Here is the kext nvidia lion 10.7.4 and some picture my lion and mountain lion. I hope this helps you to test :
https://www.dropbox....2hgu/ZN0fdltAp1

waiting for you and the others to solve this problem.. keep spirit

best regards

djdarkrider

djdarkrider

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
With files above I get http://djdarkrider.t...age/40754126042 with stock or patched nvdaresman

djdarkrider

djdarkrider

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've got some progress after installing latest nvidia drivers in safe mode and patching them like here http://www.tonymacx8...in-lion-3.html. I have managed to make ML to recognize my GTX550 ti. But it boots only in safe mode. In normal mode,when it should show UI it shows black screen and terminates processes. What is it about?

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Has anyone tried messing with Zeus yet?

http://www.groths.org/?page_id=108

byransays

byransays

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Has anyone tried messing with Zeus yet?

http://www.groths.org/?page_id=108

Yes, it doesnt recognize my card. I cant pull information from it nor dump a rom. Since all that fails to work I dont feel comfortable trying to flash anything.

Oh, I should add, it says quartz driver is not installed....now it might be because I disabled opengl kexts, but when I enabled them and booted -x it said the same thing...although, it might be because I was booting -x.

byransays

byransays

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Alright I made the next step with our cards...but before I celebrate like its working...or even worth it I need someone to tell me how I can test to see if GeforceGLDriver.bundle and GeforceGA.bundle are loaded. As they are not kexts I cant locate them im the extention area of system profiler.

now the good news if they are loaded!

I can boot with them loaded, without -x.
I can also boot with GE=Yes and GE=No (makes no difference though)

Although I have run -f and UseKernelCache=No I am still not confident that GeforceGLDriver.bundle and GeforceGA.bundle are actually loaded.
So please before I can fully confirm what I did and help others get there, if you know a terminal command or any other way to test to see if the bundles are loaded, please let me know.

EDIT: My findings:

Well, since I've gotten this Nvidia card to boot without disabling any kexts and not being in safe mode I have tried everything in my power to try and get QE/CI to work to no avail. The last thing I am going to try is Andy's modified Nvidia Resman and GeforceGA.bundle. Interesting enough using the Zeus app and checking the driver to see if "quartz driver" is installed it states no. Now I can't fathom why apple would offer more "security" or checks between the kernel and the Nvidia kexts as apposed to the ATI cards…imo they both should work the same and have graphics glitches(due to the likely cause of the ssse3emu).

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
@byransays:

kextstat | grep Geforce
That should do the trick. (Unless kextstat doesn't list bundles, in which case I have no idea.)

byransays

byransays

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

@byransays:

kextstat | grep Geforce
That should do the trick. (Unless kextstat doesn't list bundles, in which case I have no idea.)

Thanks for the suggestion...I tried that, no avail. It should at least show GeForce.kext, but that doesnt even show up.

edit: I tried looking for Geforce.kext under system profiler. Not loaded. Interesting....

Edit2: alright redid my mkext and now GeForce.kext is loaded. Although nothing found under your terminal code Instant idiot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD, nVidia, GeForce, Mountain Lion, Lion, 64-bits, hackintosh, legacy kernel, QE/CI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy