• Please log in to reply
1877 replies to this topic

giacomoleopardo

giacomoleopardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

My Gigabyte GA Z170X Gaming 3 is on its way. I've patched successfully the latest non-beta BIOS with the latest patches for 1151. Does anybody have any clue to how to flash it? afudos method? Or just the Gigabyte flash utility?

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 707 posts
  • Interests:RC Model, pc, networking, mechanic electronic

My Gigabyte GA Z170X Gaming 3 is on its way. I've patched successfully the latest non-beta BIOS with the latest patches for 1151. Does anybody have any clue to how to flash it? afudos method? Or just the Gigabyte flash utility?

As far i know you can flash with Gigabyte Utility, if i remember well bios doesn't have any signature 

giacomoleopardo

giacomoleopardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

As far i know you can flash with Gigabyte Utility, if i remember well bios doesn't have any signature 

Unfortunately Gigabyte QFlash Utility doesn't allow patched bios to be flashed. With AFUDOS BIOS.BIN /O command to dump the original bios gives me "BIOS Write protected" error. Any clue? I would use SPI Programmer but first of all I can't even dump the original file to be patched, then I wouldn't try flashing since the bios chip is soldered to the motherboard.

zahak

zahak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi guys

I'm trying to install El Captain on my desktop. But I couldn't reach to Installer and after 2 or 3 second, apple logo appeared, system reboot.

Someone here told me that the problem is in BIOS and I have to disable IOAPIC in my bios. But this option in hidden in my bios.

So I decided to use this guide to active this option in my bios. I've downloaded my BIOS from www.gigabyte.com and extract H81MS2PV.F9 from that in 8MB in size.

But the AMIBCP.exe told me that the file is not Aptio V.  (The input image is not Aptio V.)

Any suggestion please?!

thanks a milliom

:blush: :rolleyes: :(

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Hello everyone! I don't know if i'm posting into correct section but I'd like to update my Management Engine FIrmware and UEFITool gives me this error:

reconstructIntelImage: reconstructed body size F80000h (16252928) is smaller then original 1000000h (16777216) 

So, it's that normal, or it because i'm trying to modify a genuine gigabyte BIOS file?

Actually, I saw that ME Region it's unlocked, so it's not a problem replacing the firmware with a new version. It seems pretty comod because otherwise I have to flash it from Windows using specific tools and i want to put directly into BIOS using this UEFITool feature.

@CodeRush, thanks for this great tool, it's really helping the entire community!

Attached Files

• Attached File  MEI1.PNG   167.75KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  MEI2.PNG   259.36KB   1 downloads

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 707 posts

Unfortunately Gigabyte QFlash Utility doesn't allow patched bios to be flashed. With AFUDOS BIOS.BIN /O command to dump the original bios gives me "BIOS Write protected" error. Any clue? I would use SPI Programmer but first of all I can't even dump the original file to be patched, then I wouldn't try flashing since the bios chip is soldered to the motherboard.

As far i know you can't use spi on Gigabyte mobo, you have to desolder main chip and read it with spi, i was tring with clips, no lucky, mis spi tell me to much current absorbed 

giacomoleopardo

giacomoleopardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

This method is working with GA-Z170X Gaming 3 - bios F5b for

- IOAPIC Value patch

- Unlock 0xE2 module

- Flash with old EFIFlash utility

Unfortunately Asus bios (tried on Z170 Pro) is locked, afudos not working, neither efiflash or BUpdater (Asus dos tool). Of course, Asus doesn't have soldered chips, so hopefully SPI Programmer should do the job (not tested yet)

CodeRush

CodeRush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 437 posts

Kynyo, it's a bug in both Gigabyte descriptor and UEFITool, will try to get rid of it, thanks for pointing me out.

You can use hex editor to replace the ME region manually, but I don't recommend doing it at all, use FwUpdLcl to update the existing one, if nothing blocks ypu from it.

CodeRush

CodeRush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 437 posts

giacomoleopardo, is that Skylake patchset working on your board? If so, I will add it to the next UEFIPatch release.

You can try BIOS flashback or this method (use google translate).

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 707 posts

This method is working with GA-Z170X Gaming 3 - bios F5b for

- IOAPIC Value patch

- Unlock 0xE2 module

- Flash with old EFIFlash utility

Unfortunately Asus bios (tried on Z170 Pro) is locked, afudos not working, neither efiflash or BUpdater (Asus dos tool). Of course, Asus doesn't have soldered chips, so hopefully SPI Programmer should do the job (not tested yet)

I have a spi programmer and works very well with asus chips, but you need a clips to read and flash onboard.

Buy a very strong clip, i bought a cheap programmer but i had to change standard clip with one from pomona, the standard that comes with programmer. was a {censored}.

Another way is desolder chip and solder soic 8 sockets, so you can remove flash without hot air station, i'm following this way for laptop in which i would like put Ozmosis 

giacomoleopardo

giacomoleopardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

giacomoleopardo, is that Skylake patchset working on your board? If so, I will add it to the next UEFIPatch release.

You can try BIOS flashback or this method (use google translate).

Yes it is. Confirmed

# SiInit | Skylake
299D6F8B-2EC9-4E40-9EC6-DDAA7EBF5FD9 10 P:75080D00800000:EB080D00800000
299D6F8B-2EC9-4E40-9EC6-DDAA7EBF5FD9 12 P:75080D00800000:EB080D00800000

working on GA-Z170X Gaming 3 as posted above on #1867. Also the old EfiFlash version posted from vonmolk does work to flash gigabyte bios. Also the AMIBCP 5.01 method to add IOAPIC value.

Still on Asus I need to try that method you linked.

I have a spi programmer and works very well with asus chips, but you need a clips to read and flash onboard.

Buy a very strong clip, i bought a cheap programmer but i had to change standard clip with one from pomona, the standard that comes with programmer. was a {censored}.

Another way is desolder chip and solder soic 8 sockets, so you can remove flash without hot air station, i'm following this way for laptop in which i would like put Ozmosis 

Thanks. I know how to flash  with SPI. I do that with Raspberry. And no need to desolder anything, cause on Gigabyte EfiFlash does work. The issue is now on Asus Z170 Pro. Still working with Kernel PM flag in clover config.plist, though.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Kynyo, it's a bug in both Gigabyte descriptor and UEFITool, will try to get rid of it, thanks for pointing me out.

You can use hex editor to replace the ME region manually, but I don't recommend doing it at all, use FwUpdLcl to update the existing one, if nothing blocks ypu from it.

Ok, Thanks!

zakkaz96

zakkaz96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

PMPatch works on BIOSes for that board. Method to flash it is linked 4 message above.

attachicon.gifH81M-E-ASUS-0605.pm.zip

H81M-K for ASUS?!

amgclk65

amgclk65

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Good New Year to Everyone. 

Im working with a cheap ecs broad. H81H3-I. I used UEFIpatch to patch the bios. But I'm still needing Null Kext to boot. Can Someone Verify the Bios is Patched correctly for me? Any help would be great. 

Attached Files

CodeRush

CodeRush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 437 posts

It's patched correctly.

amgclk65

amgclk65

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

It's patched correctly.

Thanks for looking into that & your valueable tools CodeRush!

Ill have to dig into why its still needing Null kext to boot.

2bad0

2bad0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Maybe your model identifier is set to one which still uses power kext

korital

korital

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Trying to download the UEFIPatch files but the website (github.com) they are supposedly hosted on is down and I cannot access them.

Can someone upload the latest version here or somewhere else and send me a link.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BIOS, patch, power management, UEFI

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy