• Please log in to reply
1832 replies to this topic

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:RC Model, pc, networking, mechanic electronic

Aigors i have clover installed i can't boot since i updated my bios now i can't boot OSX 

i have tried to patch my uefi and i can't seem to work out how i used the pnp patch before i think or something like that 

I don't know pnp patch, did you get some kernel panic or simply don't boot? 

thegmanosx

thegmanosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Sorry PMPatch and yes it reboots 

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 648 posts

Sorry PMPatch and yes it reboots 

I downloaded your bios and it's' signed.

Update your bios as is 

use afudos to make backup

use uefipatch to patch backupped bios

reflash using afudos

If you try to patch bios as is, you invalid signature 

Are you sure there isn't new options under cpu power mgmt in bios? 
In my z97 there is an option to unlock msr bit 15 ( this is what uefiptach does) 

thegmanosx

thegmanosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

i have updated the bios to the most current one what command do i use for uefipatch ?

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 648 posts

i have updated the bios to the most current one what command do i use for uefipatch ?

Uefipatch bios filename

thegmanosx

thegmanosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

fail C:\bios>UEFIPatch.exe bios.bin

No patches can be applied to input file

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 648 posts

fail C:\bios>UEFIPatch.exe bios.bin

No patches can be applied to input file

It means that the bios doesn't need to be patched 

thegmanosx

thegmanosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

so what do i do ? 

Aigors

Aigors

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 648 posts

so what do i do ? 

try to boot in single user mode and move AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext from /System/Library/extension 

CodeRush

CodeRush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 433 posts

@thegmanosx, if you see "CFG Lock" somewhere in BIOS Setup, change it to Disabled, if not - use AMIBCP to find and set it's default to Disabled, then follow this guide to flash modified Asrock BIOS.

pongal

pongal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@CodeRush,

Please accept my appreciation for all of your projects. On your guide post, at http://www.insanelym...?, you had said, ¨If you see any errors, make a photo from your screen and post it here, I will try to help.¨ Below is my photo, please help.

I´m attempting, for the very first time, to make a Hackintosh (Mavericks) on a desktop PC, with an Asus H61M-CS motherboard, Intel i3-3220 processor, Asus GeForce 210 graphics card, Seagate 500 GB hard disk, 8 GB (2 x 4) RAM. The BIOS version is ¨0503 x64¨, and ME version is 8.1.2.1310. The H61M-CS motherboard has no USB BIOS flashback button, so I downloaded the 0503 BIOS file (still the latest BIOS version) from the Asus website.

I downloaded UEFIPatch 0.3.5 for Windows from your github page, and successfully patched the BIOS file on a Windows 7 (32 bit) PC, then renamed it as bios.bin. I then downloaded FTK from your github page, and as suggested there, I downloaded from Fernando´s win-raid forum the following: FPT for DOS (from ME System Tools v8.1 r5), MEInfo (for ME 8 Firmware v8.1.56.1541) and FWUpdLcl (for ME 8 Firmware v8.1.40.1456). I then loaded all files on the root folder of a DOS bootable USB drive, created with Rufus.

On the Hackintosh PC, I successfully booted into DOS from the USB drive (F8 > non-UEFI), typed ¨reflash¨ and hit enter. The FPT operation passed successfully, but Error 280 occurred during the flash phase: ¨Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!¨ (see Photo 1). As suggested, I typed ¨restore" and hit enter. Again I received Error 280, followed by ¨exiting¨ (see Photo 2). Fearing disaster, I ejected the USB drive, rebooted the PC and opened the BIOS screen, but BIOS version and ME version are unchanged (see Photo 3).

This same issue was raised on 02-03-2014 at http://www.tonymacx8...html#post756294, but there was no solution. Is the risky approach that you described at http://www.insanelym...-2#entry1882367 the only way to solve Error 280? Please help. I hope I haven´t made some silly mistake somewhere, and wasted your valuable time. Thank you.

Attached Files

CodeRush

CodeRush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 433 posts

@pongal, all UEFI versions for this motherboard are having BIOS Lock enabled, so if you don't want a risky way, buy yourself a cheap CH341A-based SPI programmer (around $5 on Ebay) and forget about all that BIOS Lock stuff. 

pongal

pongal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@CodeRush, thank you. Will research SPI and make an attempt. Good luck with everything you're doing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BIOS, patch, power management, UEFI

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy