[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

What are the differences between PMPatch and UEFIPatch?

I patch my bios with UEFIPacth which are the benefits to use this tool?

Pmpatch it's' discontinued because CodeRush make new method with uefipatch 

Hi, I'm having problems flashing a 'UEFI patched' bios onto my Maximus VI Hero Motherboard. The Flashback function on this board looks to be Faulty, so I can't use that method to flash the bios. 

Can anybody recommend an alternate method?

Thanks in advance.

You have to use afudos or afuwin to flash bios that has been modified because asus bios il signed, so the are two ways to flash, te first one its via afudos, make backup of your original bios with afudos, patch them with uefipatch, re-flash using afudos

The second one it's' for real rude and involves the use of spi programmer, but it's' for insiders because needs some knwoledge about using spi programmer, the use of hot air soldering station if you have bios chip soldered.

It's' not for everyone.

Pmpatch it's' discontinued because CodeRush make new method with uefipatch 

Yes but what are the benefits if you use the UEFIpatch in your bios? I read you do not need modify AppleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext, but you need use the NullCPUpowermanagement.kext? 

Yes but what are the benefits if you use the UEFIpatch in your bios? I read you do not need modify AppleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext, but you need use the NullCPUpowermanagement.kext? 

yes, this is the benefits, but you have to think about ozmosis mods and not about using bootloader like chameleon or clover, if you dont know how it is Ozmosis, read thread on this forum.

In few words it's a uefi bios bootloader implementation that are able to boot vanilla Osx usb without bootloader like clover or chameleon 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok how do i patch my uefi on my board i updated and now i can't boot osx :( here is a link to the bios ftp://download.asrock.com/BIOS/1150/Z87%20Extreme4(3.20)ROM.zip

What does it means "i can't boot osx" ? 

Uefi patch it's' used to avoid the use of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext, it's' not designed to boot osx without any bootloader, to do this you need ozmosis.

Aigors i have clover installed i can't boot since i updated my bios now i can't boot OSX 

i have tried to patch my uefi and i can't seem to work out how i used the pnp patch before i think or something like that 

Aigors i have clover installed i can't boot since i updated my bios now i can't boot OSX 

i have tried to patch my uefi and i can't seem to work out how i used the pnp patch before i think or something like that 

I don't know pnp patch, did you get some kernel panic or simply don't boot? 

Sorry PMPatch and yes it reboots 

I downloaded your bios and it's' signed.

Update your bios as is 

use afudos to make backup

use uefipatch to patch backupped bios

reflash using afudos

If you try to patch bios as is, you invalid signature 

Are you sure there isn't new options under cpu power mgmt in bios? 

In my z97 there is an option to unlock msr bit 15 ( this is what uefiptach does) 

fail C:\bios>UEFIPatch.exe bios.bin

No patches can be applied to input file

It means that the bios doesn't need to be patched 

so what do i do ? 

try to boot in single user mode and move AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext from /System/Library/extension 

@CodeRush,

Please accept my appreciation for all of your projects. On your guide post, at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/page-10?&&do=findComment&comment=1893689, you had said, ¨If you see any errors, make a photo from your screen and post it here, I will try to help.¨ Below is my photo, please help.

I´m attempting, for the very first time, to make a Hackintosh (Mavericks) on a desktop PC, with an Asus H61M-CS motherboard, Intel i3-3220 processor, Asus GeForce 210 graphics card, Seagate 500 GB hard disk, 8 GB (2 x 4) RAM. The BIOS version is ¨0503 x64¨, and ME version is 8.1.2.1310. The H61M-CS motherboard has no USB BIOS flashback button, so I downloaded the 0503 BIOS file (still the latest BIOS version) from the Asus website.

I downloaded UEFIPatch 0.3.5 for Windows from your github page, and successfully patched the BIOS file on a Windows 7 (32 bit) PC, then renamed it as bios.bin. I then downloaded FTK from your github page, and as suggested there, I downloaded from Fernando´s win-raid forum the following: FPT for DOS (from ME System Tools v8.1 r5), MEInfo (for ME 8 Firmware v8.1.56.1541) and FWUpdLcl (for ME 8 Firmware v8.1.40.1456). I then loaded all files on the root folder of a DOS bootable USB drive, created with Rufus.

On the Hackintosh PC, I successfully booted into DOS from the USB drive (F8 > non-UEFI), typed ¨reflash¨ and hit enter. The FPT operation passed successfully, but Error 280 occurred during the flash phase: ¨Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!¨ (see Photo 1). As suggested, I typed ¨restore" and hit enter. Again I received Error 280, followed by ¨exiting¨ (see Photo 2). Fearing disaster, I ejected the USB drive, rebooted the PC and opened the BIOS screen, but BIOS version and ME version are unchanged (see Photo 3).

This same issue was raised on 02-03-2014 at http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository-109.html#post756294, but there was no solution. Is the risky approach that you described at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-uefipatch-uefi-patching-utility/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1882367 the only way to solve Error 280? Please help. I hope I haven´t made some silly mistake somewhere, and wasted your valuable time. Thank you.

post-1568056-0-63199200-1437693237_thumb.jpg

post-1568056-0-53082400-1437693250_thumb.jpg

post-1568056-0-34180100-1437693263_thumb.jpg

@pongal, all UEFI versions for this motherboard are having BIOS Lock enabled, so if you don't want a risky way, buy yourself a cheap CH341A-based SPI programmer (around $5 on Ebay) and forget about all that BIOS Lock stuff. 

• 1 month later...