[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

stinga11, are you sure this BIOS is locked?

I can't find the locking code in PowerManagement.ffs, it may be in CpuPei.ffs, but I have very poor internet connection to download the whole BIOS image.

Will try to find it a bit later.

Thanks man I wait for news

EDIT: You're right my bios is not locked. Now I have the SpeedStep working without a patch the AICPM or bios. But anyway thanks for trying and for all your work here

I have do dump/patch/flash, according to the #772.

But, after flashing, I verified it, it seems no effect, new dumped biod(after flashing) still can be patched.

What is wrong with my motherborad?

kindly, please advise.

Thanks.

Lenovo Q77 (9sjt79usa)

E3-1230v2

afudos.exe is downloaded from AMI website(from amiflash.zip/aptio/afudos.zip), version is v3.05.02.

$ ./PMPatch V.BIN V1.bin
PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement module at 001A72C8 patched.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0041E7C8 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

stinga11, your value is unlocked too. I meant only low 16-bit part in my previous message, so the locked value will have 8-F as 4th digit, and your value have 0 there.

fisherwei, try NVRAM method (described earlied in this topic) to disable BIOS write protection, then use the same dump/patch/flash method, but with FPT instead of AFU.

hi @CodeRush I am newbie at here I register a account to ask you a question.. I have Dell N4020 and I never able to install Hackintosh, is that because of my bios? I don't know how to use the software produce by you, can you teach me at here? In previus post from other people they said dell use .exe, what is it? I watch a video at Youtube he said any motherboard can use by combine the firmware and your software. What is your suggestion? Can i use that model he mentioned to patch my Dell?

You can, but it flashing this modified BIOS will be hard. Try Clover with AICPM.kext patch first.

There is no shame for being a noob, but it's no excuse either.

I will not teach you and I have no suggestions. All things you need to know are in the first post of this topic, if you can't understand it - read forum, use google and so on.

• Like 1

You can, but it flashing this modified BIOS will be hard. Try Clover with AICPM.kext patch first.

I will not teach you and I have no suggestions. All things you need to know are in the first post of this topic, if you can't understand it - read forum, use google and so on.

I can't use clover, I get mac-Fxxxxxxxx error... Is there any other way to patch

At the YouTube video that I provide just now, the dude teach that download the bios from the link he given. But my motherboard model is not same like his model. Can I use his bios?

stinga11, your value is unlocked too. I meant only low 16-bit part in my previous message, so the locked value will have 8-F as 4th digit, and your value have 0 there.

Thanks for answering.

For Dell machines with Phoenix Secure Core Tiano UEFI 2.0, such as Vostro 3750, L502x etc you can apply the patch straight to the .exe you have got from Dell.Then flash it as if it was a stock updater thereafter. As said in the original post it will unlock all the advanced menus available for a particular machine you are patching for. The patch sequence used in this utility has originated from bios-mods, you can read this article for in-depth details on the advanced menus.

I also have dell but what are you saying .exe?

I can't seem to get my BIOS patched. I backed it up to a usb drive, ran it through PMPatch and got this as result:

PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement module at 00129418 not patched: Repacked module can't be inserted.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00244AE0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

Hope someone can help me out.

E7680IMS.zip

What can I teach you? How to unpack your BIOS image from exe file? It's possible, but how can you flash that modified BIOS, even if you manage to unpack and modify it?

I don't know any 100% working method of flashing modified Dell BIOSes except external SPI programmer (which I'm using for my Vostro 3360 BIOS), and I don't want to be a reason for your bricked PC.

You don't need to patch your BIOS, because you don't understand, what that patch does at the first place. It's not a miraculous "make-my-system-OSX-compatible" thing, it just removes lock from 0xE2 MSR, that is used for CPU power management.

Please try using patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext first. If your OSX crashes with this kext patched - seek a source of failure in other topics of this forum. I'm not an OSX guru in any way, so I simply can't help you any further, sorry about that.

• Like 1

What can I teach you? How to unpack your BIOS image from exe file? It's possible, but how can you flash that modified BIOS, even if you manage to unpack and modify it?

I don't know any 100% working method of flashing modified Dell BIOSes except external SPI programmer (which I'm using for my Vostro 3360 BIOS), and I don't want to be a reason for your bricked PC.

You don't need to patch your BIOS, because you don't understand, what that patch does at the first place. It's not a miraculous "make-my-system-OSX-compatible" thing, it just removes lock from 0xE2 MSR, that is used for CPU power management.

Please try using patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext first. If your OSX crashes with this kext patched - seek a source of failure in other topics of this forum. I'm not an OSX guru in any way, so I simply can't help you any further, sorry about that.

You are external SPI programmer?