afuwinx64 Z77-A-ASUS-0402.CAP /p /b /n /k

then dump the ROM using Intel Flashpart Toolkit (fpt) like that:

fpt -d bios.bin

pmpatch the ROM

pmpatch bios.bin bios-patched.bin

and flashback with

fpt -rewrite -f bios-patched.bin

report any errors here BEFORE reboot!

I repeat: do not reboot if you get any error or your board will be bricked.

thx

what do you mean with cut the capsule header? I read something about unlocking the current bios to flash with flashroom, but I don´t know how to do it. <<<by the way, I reboot my pc and reset all bios config to default, everything works like a charm, but I might need to be on 0701 due to some fixes ect... 

Should I flash an (unlocked and pmpatched 0701) with FPT  ?

what do you mean with cut the capsule header? I read something about unlocking the current bios to flash with flashroom, but I don´t know how to do it. <<<by the way, I reboot my pc and reset all bios config to default, everything works like a charm, but I might need to be on 0701 due to some fixes ect... 

Should I flash an (unlocked and pmpatched 0701) with FPT  ?

ok wait a minute, I'll unlock it for you.

Z77-A-ASUS-0701

Powermanagement patched

Flashlock removed

http://rghost.net/51432442

Now you'll only have to merge your mainboard data like UUID, Serial, MacAddy with FD44editor.

Just a hint, FD44Editor can't create ROM binary files, so open your backup.cap you created before and

copy the data to clipboard, save and keep in a txt file. Apply the data opening Z77-A-ASUS-0701-PMUL.BIN,

insert the 3 values from UUID, Serial, Mac, click save to apply your data to the binary.

Then flash with fpt -rewrite -f Z77-A-ASUS-0701-PMUL.BIN and reset Intel MEI using fpt -greset for reboot.

ok wait a minute, I'll unlock it for you.

Z77-A-ASUS-0701

Powermanagement patched

Flashlock removed

http://rghost.net/51432442

Now you'll only have to merge your mainboard data like UUID, Serial, MacAddy with FD44editor.

Just a hint, FD44Editor can't create ROM binary files, so open your backup.cap you created before and

copy the data to clipboard, save and keep in a txt file. Apply the data opening Z77-A-ASUS-0701-PMUL.BIN,

insert the 3 values from UUID, Serial, Mac, click save to apply your data to the binary.

Then flash with fpt -rewrite -f Z77-A-ASUS-0701-PMUL.BIN and reset Intel MEI using fpt -greset for reboot.

I was trying the FD44Editor but it tells me "Data format cannot be detected" and  the message says "Module data format in openned file cannot be fully detected. It is normal if you are openning BIOS backup made by ASUS Tool and data values are empty.Is there any other tool  I can use to do this task?

I was trying the FD44Editor but it tells me "Data format cannot be detected" and  the message says "Module data format in openned file cannot be fully detected. It is normal if you are openning BIOS backup made by ASUS Tool and data values are empty.Is there any other tool  I can use to do this task?

Hm, if the settings are lost across flash a DMIeditor was an option but I suggest it's easier to upgrade to original 0701 from EZflash while all data will be kept,

then dump 0701 with fpt -d backup.bin and downgrade again to 0402 with afu for aptio like explained earlier.

PMpatch the backup.bin, if you want a flash unlock, here's a tutorial. Flash back with fpt -rewrite -f backup.bin.

Hm, if the settings are lost across flash a DMIeditor was an option but I suggest it's easier to upgrade to original 0701 from EZflash while all data will be kept,

then dump 0701 with fpt -d backup.bin and downgrade again to 0402 with afu for aptio like explained earlier.

PMpatch the backup.bin, if you want a flash unlock, here's a tutorial. Flash back with fpt -rewrite -f backup.bin.

Understood, I installed the 0701 but  since I installed hackintosh 10.9 to test the patched 0401 I don´t have windows on it... I will get it in about 30 mins.  

Here is a backup made from AFUDOS in Dos  of 0701 on my board.

Download 

By the way, I got this message when booting Niresh 10.9 with 0401 Bios PMPatched - "no hpets available...cpu(s) configured incorrectly" (panic)

Is this related to the PowerManagement patch ?

Thank you guys for your time!

By the way, I got this message when booting Niresh 10.9 with 0401 Bios PMPatched - "no hpets available...cpu(s) configured incorrectly" (panic)

Is this related to the PowerManagement patch ?

I recommend using vanilla OS. Don't know about this niresh stuff.

Btw. your backup has no variables, UUID, Serial, Mac lost, upload an earlier dump.

Btw. your backup has no variables, UUID, Serial, Mac lost, upload an earlier dump.

I will make a new backup in few hours with FPT to see is afudos is the problem.  I still need to 

Get a 0701 dump with variables (mac,serial etc..) or get variables using the stickers on the mobo.

Patch the 0701 Dump with PMPatch and Flash Unlock.

Flash again the 0402 Bios 

Flash the 0701 Dump patched 

Install OS X to test.

Where can I find Vanilla OS X 10.9 ? is it a bootable DVD ?

tried to patch my MSI GT60 0ND Bios but it says

PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerManagement module at 0033986C patched.
Patched module too big after compression.
Trying to apply patch #2
Trying to apply patch #3
Trying to apply patch #4
Trying to apply patch #5
AMI nest module at 00520048 not patched: Repacked module can't be inserted.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0079CC70 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

any tips?

btw. my biosfile is 8.192kb big

Is there some way to get USB Flashback to flash a ROM file? It only seems to work here with .CAP files. I'd like to be able to make a backup of my BIOS, add in some EFI modules and flash it back. This is how I handle my Z68 BIOS but it doesn't have any of the secure {censored} the X79 does.

I tried with afudos /gan but it didn't actually flash anything.

Riley Freeman, just add capsule header (first 0x800 bytes of CAP file) to your ROM, and UBF will work with that file. Or you can remove SMI lock from normal CAP file, flash it with UBF and then use FTK to flash a ROM file of any kind.

I have done a backup with fpt -d of my 0701 , again downgrade to 0402, patched with pmpatch the 0701, and flashed 0701 rom with fpt without problems.

What I did to verifiy was backup again and PMpatch again, and the result was None to patch.

Now, I´m facing a problem and is that there are no UUID, serial or mac, even on my recent Bios, according to CodeRush tutorial of FTK

If data module is not empty, but motherboard model in opened backup file is unknown to current version of program, this message will be shown:

fd44editorformat.png

Please consider sending your backup to me, I will add support of that board to next version of editor.

I receive exactly that error... so my mobo might not be supported. Does this affects the OSX ?

The problem I have is Installing OS X, I was trying to do it with the Niresh 10.9, install with success but can´t boot due to panic issues, I did the vanilla tutorial but I can´t load the OS X Installer, I get a Prohibited Icon when loading the installer. However, I was able to make my usb using 10.9 Mavericks DP1, and this guide probably im using an Incorrect copy of 10.9. 

I have the 10.9 Mavericks DP1, 10.9 Mavericks GM, Niresh 10.9, and Niresh 10.8.2, but the GM version doesn´t have the files required for the vanilla guide so couldn´t make the usb bootable.

Thank you for your help.... 

josepi09, don't worry about that message, your board is supported, but the file you are trying to open has no data needed for proper identification of all structures, and this message is shown. Just add your data from stickers, not touching any settings, and it will be fine. The patch the resulting file (save the data by selecting the same file you have opened) with PMPatch, use BUpdater to flash back to 04xx, where no protections are, and then flash that prepared file with FPT: "fpt -f prepared.bin", then execute "fpt -greset" to reset ME state, you PC will be powered off and powers on automatically. Go to BIOS setup to make any setups you need. Now your system is ready for OSX.

josepi09, don't worry about that message, your board is supported, but the file you are trying to open has no data needed for proper identification of all structures, and this message is shown. Just add your data from stickers, not touching any settings, and it will be fine. The patch the resulting file (save the data by selecting the same file you have opened) with PMPatch, use BUpdater to flash back to 04xx, where no protections are, and then flash that prepared file with FPT: "fpt -f prepared.bin", then execute "fpt -greset" to reset ME state, you PC will be powered off and powers on automatically. Go to BIOS setup to make any setups you need. Now your system is ready for OSX.

I was trying to find out the correct values corresponding to my mobo, but I´m not sure which one belongs to which one.

Here are I took a photo of all stickers on my mobo

https://imageshack.com/a/r17q/1

thank you

Thanks dude, flashed and rebooted back to Windows and flash was successfull.. Will try now my mavericks install..

Also is there anyway that I can add the Advanced options to this bios ? my bios settings are very limited. would be nice to disable optimuse etc to save power..

Thanks once again, Badaxe2

Thanks dude, flashed and rebooted back to Windows and flash was successfull.. Will try now my mavericks install..

Also is there anyway that I can add the Advanced options to this bios ? my bios settings are very limited. would be nice to disable optimuse etc to save power..

Thanks once again, Badaxe2

If it's possible then you can unlock hidden options with AMIBCP for Aptio, but however I don't know a lot about it.

Search at bios-mods.com or mdl forum for unlocking help, please. That's way beyond pmpatch/offtopic.