[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

Bon jour CodeRush,

do you think you can implement the unlock in your next pmpatch release?

Btw, as you know I own a Z77 board from ASUS, and I'm young willing and able to test it (SPI flasher).

Uploaded my ROM << here.

Friday my TUMPA arrived :D from canada.

Au jaaa!

best regards

Hi,

Have you made nvram writable with new rom?

My Gigabyte P67 MB is using locked-nvram UEFI now.  :(

Hey guys,

I just want to confirm that my bios has actually been patched before attempting to flash it.

Here is the output while patching my ASrock H87MITX v1.50 bios

E:\PMPatch>PMPatch Bios.bin Bios-PMPatched.bin
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001DA434 patched.
AMI nest module at 005481C0 patched.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007BF200 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

I've been encountering a problem with my Mavericks installation, and from what I read and from some of the replies I got I understood that I needed to flash the BIOS to fix my problem. My motherboard is an AsRock z87 Pro 3. What's the best method to do it? I read about the #775 post in this thread, but I can't seem to find an AFUDOS version which I'm sure it'll work with my motherboard. 

Hi CodeRush,

I have Toshiba Satelite P50-A with haswell and I must mod my BIOS to run Mac OS other way I have restart when I run installer with Clover.

I downloaded BIOS from toshiba site but it was UBOOT (winflash.exe) with BIOS inside. I opened it with 7zip and I go to BIN directory, there was many files with name 150 to 166, first file 150 has ~4MB, others is small one. Jackpot - 150 is bios file, I can open it with MMTool and mod with PMPatch (PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 000DE798 patched.) but I can't put it back inside WinFlash.exe. I used PMPatch for WinFlash.exe and it is OK - almost same info: PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 0011D45C patched.

I'm afraid that in the BIOS is secure as in ASRock or Asus. Can you check it for me before I use a modified WinFlash, can I even use a modified WinFlash or I should upgrade bios different?

Original BIOS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9641107/BIOS/bios-20131018112538.zip

I just want to confirm that my bios has actually been patched before attempting to flash it.

Can you please let me know what i can conclude from it ? (either succesful or not?)

Read the first post in this topic. Pay special attention to the line that begins with "Note on program output:"

afuwinx64 doean't work. I used fptw and I done:

fptw -desc -d desc.bin

remove check in hex tool

fptw -d origin.bin -bios

pmpatch origin.bin patched.bin

fptw -desc -f desc.bin

After that I get error 26 or error 205.

If I want to flash modded bios I get: Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!

hi 

i just patch my P8Z77-V-LK bios version 1104. and output like it. i wonder if it is ok to flash to my board

PMPatch 0.5.13

PowerManagement module at 00401818 patched.

PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.

AMI nest modules not found.

CpuPei module at 00791568 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

CpuPei module at 007D1568 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

Output file generated.

thankyou

I hope this isn't OT, but from looking at the earlier talk about removing the bios lock I noticed mention of the same module (842A454A-75E5-408B-8B1C-36420E4E3F21) that prevents nvram writing in newer BIOS releases like on my P9X79.

Is it (or will it be) possible to remove this restriction? With UEFI booting becoming more common this is as much an issue for some of us as the old PM register lock. Clover makes provisions for it by redirecting to a plist file but a writable nvram would be the best solution.

I need very much time (and an affected system to test patched BIOS) for that. When I finish UEFITool project, I will try to figure out this locking code. It seems that there is now a SMI handler that can temporary unlock NVRAM for writing, so we just need to figure out, how to call it properly from userspace.

• Like 1

Success on MSI-H87M-G43 with BIOS 1.4! Now I can finally boot Mavericks through Clover!

For the record, this is my patchlog:

3IMS_patched.140
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 00AC4770 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00FB7080 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

Oh, and this is the output of rdmsr 0xe2 on linux, before and after the BIOS patch:

before: 1e008405
after:    1e000405

Thanks a lot for your work!

I need very much time (and an affected system to test patched BIOS) for that. When I finish UEFITool project, I will try to figure out this locking code. It seems that there is now a SMI handler that can temporary unlock NVRAM for writing, so we just need to figure out, how to call it properly from userspace.

When the time comes I can provide an affected system for testing. Especially now that I have the usb programmer if anything goes wrong.

The last bios version for my board with writable nvram was 3305, but it lacks fixes and features from the current versions so I don't want to downgrade.

Hi...

is is for an" asrock h87m pro4"

I can't patch this bios (https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jl7bvcm86f4uku/H87MP41.70) downloaded from asrock site using PMPatcher for OSx....

but I can patch this bios for windows (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcaqkrdy4t9326f/H87MP4170-1.exe) downloaded from asrock site too with PMPatch for windows with this result...(https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmz4e6qbxjc3ou7/H87MP4170test.exe)

could someone take a look an send me the right one patched if need?

c.frio

Hello,

I was advised to try Pmpatch so I tried PmPatch 0.5.13 on the v.205 of the AMI BIOS of my G750JH. I attached here the output. Some things seem not to have been found, but does it seem a success? Shall I flash my bios with it ?

post-1237104-0-14884600-1383441612_thumb.png