[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

is it possible to compile it on OS X? It would fill a gap as there's no UEFI editor for Mac ;)

Yes, but you need XCode and Qt 4.8 installed, then a normal "qmake uefitool.pro" will do the job. I don't have OSX now to compile it, but I will do something about that ASAP. :)

• Like 1

ok does this mean i have a pmpatched bios now ? 

PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001DB06C not patched: Patch p
attern not found.
AMI nest module at 000571C0 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in ne
sted module.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0055F200 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

Yes, but you need XCode and Qt 4.8 installed, then a normal "qmake uefitool.pro" will do the job. I don't have OSX now to compile it, but I will do something about that ASAP. :)

#include "Tiano\EfiTianoCompress.h" is missing, it refuses to build, there appear some other 'semantic issues' too:

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC build/UEFITool.build/Release/UEFITool.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/descriptor.o descriptor.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC build/UEFITool.build/Release/UEFITool.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/uefitool.o uefitool.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC build/UEFITool.build/Release/UEFITool.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/main.o main.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC build/UEFITool.build/Release/UEFITool.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/treemodel.o treemodel.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(4 failures)

/Users/mac/Code/UEFITool/LZMA/LzmaDecompress.c:30:34: warning: unused parameter 'p' [-Wunused-parameter]
static void * AllocForLzma(void *p, size_t size) { return malloc(size); }
                                 ^
/Users/mac/Code/UEFITool/LZMA/LzmaDecompress.c:31:31: warning: unused parameter 'p' [-Wunused-parameter]
static void FreeForLzma(void *p, void *address) { free(address); }
                              ^
2 warnings generated.

wrong compiler mp-gcc44 and llvm-gcc42?

ZIP attached for review

UEFITool.zip

• Like 1

PMPatch 0.5.13
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 001DB06C not patched: Patch p
attern not found.
AMI nest module at 000571C0 not patched: PowerManagement modules not found in ne
sted module.

Yeah! That's right : ) Good for a Go now!

i just did all in windows You can even do it all from windows as pmpatch is provided as windows executable,

steps:

1. backup: afuwinx64 bios.bin /o
  2. patch: pmpatch bios.bin bios-pmpatched.bin
  3. apply: afuwinx64 bios-pmpatched.bin /gan

verification after reboot:

2. test: pmpatch bios.bin bios-pmpatched.bin

Perfect here goes :)

PMPatch 0.5.13
Trying to apply patch #1
attern not found.
sted module.

Yes! And if you patched a bios image file that was extracted using AFUDOS then it will work to flash back with AFUDOS. If you patched a bios image file downloaded directly from Asrock then it will not work to flash it back.

i just did all in windows You can even do it all from windows as pmpatch is provided as windows executable,

steps:

2. patch: pmpatch bios.bin bios-pmpatched.bin
  3. apply: afuwinx64 bios-pmpatched.bin /gan

verification after reboot:

2. test: pmpatch bios.bin bios-pmpatched.bin

Perfect here goes :)

Sorry for being off topic, I have the same mothearboard and have some difficulties with wake from sleep. Are you running Clover? UEFI mode? GFX with UEFI bios? Does your computer wake from sleep properly?

Please stay on PMPatch and flashing topic, guys. It's already hard to read this topic now, please don't make it even harder to read. :)

If I would have some free time, I will reorganize the first post into PMPatch and flashing FAQ to make things easier for new people, but now I'm too busy, so please keep calm and carry on.;)

• Like 1

Note on program output: if it says "Output file is generated" at the end, then one ore more modules to patch was found and patched. Do not worry about "... not found" messages, they are normal.

Every. Single. Page. Of. This. Topic. Can. Not. Be. Complete. Without. Someone. Who. Asks. That. Question.

What's wrong with you, guys? I don't wait for anyone to read all the topic, first post is enough.

• Like 2

Every. Single. Page. Of. This. Topic. Can. Not. Be. Complete. Without. Someone. Who. Asks. That. Question.

What's wrong with you, guys? I don't wait for anyone to read all the topic, first post is enough.

Then make new output message and replace "Output file genetated." with "This its ok and dont ask about it!"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Then make new output message and replace "Output file genetated." with "This its ok and dont ask about it!"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahah you are a crazy......ahahahahahahahah

Sorry coderush for OT ...but this man it is a very crazy

it's Intel bios, not AMI? Use Intel flashtool iflash2.exe instead, if possible I recommend flashing from DOS.

iflash2.exe was included in the ZIP file of the link you provided above.

Indeed. I tried to flash using F7 during boot. Appeared to go successfully, but did not resolve the mach_kernel reboot issue Then I tried iflash2.exe (DOS), once again it appears to go successfully, but no dice. What's really happening is that it takes the bios, reboots, and then I believe it rejects the bios, restores back, and reboots again. There are no messages, iflash2 indicates successful, but the reboot issue is still with me... Any insights... Thx.

Indeed. I tried to flash using F7 during boot. Appeared to go successfully, but did not resolve the mach_kernel reboot issue Then I tried iflash2.exe (DOS), once again it appears to go successfully, but no dice. What's really happening is that it takes the bios, reboots, and then I believe it rejects the bios, restores back, and reboots again. There are no messages, iflash2 indicates successful, but the reboot issue is still with me... Any insights... Thx.

sorry, I never owned an Intel board, good source for help is MDL