[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

And it will be done as soon as I have enough time for programming. My exam session ended 2 days ago, and in 2-3 weeks I will finally have some time for PMPatch successor I've planned to write about 3 months ago.

wishes for your exam

Hey!

I got myself a Z87-A/Haswell,

I'm trying to patch the bios and get:

--------------------------------------------------
pmpatch Z87-A-ASUS-1207.CAP Z87A-Patched.CAP
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002B8740 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0066FE20 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
CpuPei module at 0076FE20 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

But now when I try to update the BIOS using EZ Flash 2 , it says Security Verfication failed,
any ideas what to do?

If your board supports USB Bios Flashback - use it. If not - only hardware SPI programmer can help, dump your current BIOS, patch this dump and flash it back with a programmer.

No. If you have a PC with P67/Z68/Z77-based board - you can use it as programmer. There is a protection of BIOS region, which is can't be suppressed now, so external programming is the single option for modified BIOS. Hope this protection will be broken some day, but now - this it the only solution I know. 

I see :) thanks for the reply.. unfortunetly I don't have any of these boards, since I just bought the pc last week I'm contacting the vendor to see if they can replace the motherboard with one that has UBF,

In the meanwhile I read abou a tool called "Phoenix tool"  do you think it might help?

Nope. PhoenixTool is a great tool to make BIOS modifications of any kind, but have already done the modification and your problem is flashing the modified BIOS. I don't know any other solution for ASUS x87 boards without UBF support then an external programmer. 

No. It was 100h, AFAIR. ASUS Z87 boards have that stupid BIOS region protection, that prevents modified BIOSes from flashing. This has nothing in comman with that 100h removal.

• Like 1

I must say that I too am annoyed with Asus for this new BIOS region protection, however I recently had an experience with a Gigabyte board and tried a number of different 3rd part BIOS that are around, and some of them assured me that Asus are not being as awkward as I first imagined, as some of the 3rd part fixes cause real issues.

@Coderush did you ever get anywhere with Asus regarding this issue as it must affect their sales.

I have tried a few times to get through to them but have never had a satisfactory response.

Nope. PhoenixTool is a great tool to make BIOS modifications of any kind, but have already done the modification and your problem is flashing the modified BIOS. I don't know any other solution for ASUS x87 boards without UBF support then an external programmer. 

Hi,

read Tito's post at MDL regarding OA30 - I wasn't even aware about the fact, that Phoenix Tools has the signing key included ; )

so it's possible to re-sign & flash an ASUS UEFI with help of PT.

best regards

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm working with an ASUS P8Z77-V LE. I was transferred here after installing OSX Mountain Lion using tonymacx86 products. I can't get OSX to boot by itself (without bootable USB), so I've installed some kext files etc.

I always have to also boot with PCIRootUID=0. tonymac's utility program holds a fix to set PCIRootUID=1 but that won't work. Anywho, I've also read to patch my bios ( since I'm using an ASUS board ) but in http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/'>this list, my board isn't listed. So I've been referred to PMPatch. 

I've downloaded my latest BIOS (.CAP) file and downloaded PMpatch. I've followed the guide and tried to patch my bios.

Getting this output:

pmpatch.png

It would be awesome if I could get help solving my problem(s)!

Thanks in advance,

regards

Hello,

I'm working with an ASUS P8Z77-V LE. I was transferred here after installing OSX Mountain Lion using tonymacx86 products. I can't get OSX to boot by itself (without bootable USB), so I've installed some kext files etc.

I always have to also boot with PCIRootUID=0. tonymac's utility program holds a fix to set PCIRootUID=1 but that won't work. Anywho, I've also read to patch my bios ( since I'm using an ASUS board ) but in this list, my board isn't listed. So I've been referred to PMPatch. 

I've downloaded my latest BIOS (.CAP) file and downloaded PMpatch. I've followed the guide and tried to patch my bios.

Getting this output:

pmpatch.png

It would be awesome if I could get help solving my problem(s)!

Thanks in advance,

regards

seems it generated a patched .cap file that u need to rename to a properly recognized name by USB flash back bios flash method for your board.

P8Z77VLE.CAP

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1194460-How-to-update-an-ASUS-P8Z77-V-LE-The-BIOS?p=18385268

the not booting from hdd is u need to install chameleon 2.2 to hdd and use chameleon wizard (unplug usb first) to create smbios and proper settings.. then click save.

and u need to enable in bios CStates likely.

boot with -v from hdd without usb to see what error u get.

hi code rush can u confirm any of the new asrock mobos that have the unlocked msr thx

Hi Coderush i have try again with new bios 4206 (Asus Rampage 4 Extreme)

Look here please correct patched?

Of course now update with USB Flash Back

Last login: Sun Aug  4 21:42:52 on ttys000
carmine-pc:~ magnifico$ /Users/magnifico/Desktop/BiosRampage/PMPatch /Users/magnifico/Desktop/BiosRampage/Rampage-IV-Extreme-ASUS-4206.CAP /Users/magnifico/Desktop/BiosRampage/R4E.CAP
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0079EEC8 patched.
CpuPei module at 007DEEC8 patched.
Output file generated.
carmine-pc:~ magnifico$

I wait..thanks Carmine