[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

hi .. CodeRush. 

MSI do not need .. 
ASUS only PB875-M LX Plus and P8Z77-M. 
The bios .cab 
of PMPatch 
When updating the bios ... ASUS EZ Flash 2 utility. 
Security verification failed. 

How to patch 2 bios.? 
Thank you.

Any Help ?? ..

Hi all; I think this is where I need to post this.

I have been using osX for a while now, 10.7 to 10.10, and my build consists of a Asus Maximus V Gene mobo (Z77), with 3770K CPU and 32GB of RAM, SSD's. 

I moved to clover a while back, but never could never get it to boot UEFI. After numerous attempts, I saw an error which sometimes appeared 'VGA card not supported by UEFI' or something similar. 

I am using an older modded bios, so I am led to believe I probably need a new modded bios to allow this UEFI to work properly for booting clover from the ESP of the Yosemite drive.

Do I patch it myself with these tools?

Sorry for the noobish type post, but I am not one for messing with bioses (everything else is fine!).

Thanks

@medallo, Z77-M can be flashed using USB BIOS Flashback. P8B75 - using AFU /GAN method linked in old FAQ in the first page.

@shokka9, your GPU has no UEFI firmware, that is why you can't start your system with CSM mode off, but I doubt that it's required for Clover to be off. Anyway, almost any BIOS mod possible is unrelated to this problem.

@shokka9, your GPU has no UEFI firmware, that is why you can't start your system with CSM mode off, but I doubt that it's required for Clover to be off. Anyway, almost any BIOS mod possible is unrelated to this problem.

OK; that's a new one on me. I'm going to buy a new GPU soon (GTX 760).

I don't know what to do then..... thanks for the reply though.

Grab your BIOS file and drop it onto UEFIPatch binary, if .patched file is generated - some patches were applied.

On this screenshot you can clearly see "Usage: UEFIPatch image_file", so the only parameter you need is the path to tour BIOS file. Once, not twice or more.

Hi friends, i'm starting to play with synology, ( a nas appliance ) based on X86 hardware, i'v discovered that the firmware it' sum of bios and operating system but bios it's a normal uefi bios, so, i'm start to think, could be possible discover specific modules and add those into normal uefi bios? 

I think yes, but i dont have needed skills to start investigation.

Could someone suggest me how can start the investigation? 

Many thanks and sorry for my bad English :-) 

@amgclk65, just as simple as that:

post-1111314-0-83435600-1415774559.png

@Aigors, I doubt there are any specific modules there, because all NAS work is done by heavily-modified Linux, and the point of UEFI is just to boot it. You can use UEFITool for your investigations.

@medallo, you can't flash anything from OSX on boards newer then Z68 ones, and sorry - no video tutorials here. If you can't find a way to flash your modified BIOS, maybe you just don't need it at all? Use Clover with KernelPatch instead, it's much more safe and can't brick your PC.

@medallo, you can't flash anything from OSX on boards newer then Z68 ones, and sorry - no video tutorials here. If you can't find a way to flash your modified BIOS, maybe you just don't need it at all? Use Clover with KernelPatch instead, it's much more safe and can't brick your PC.

ok. I do with windows. I can not find the AFU / GAN route and download links?  I will try.

Hi Coderush, this is for you inform that the last version of uefitool doesn't  work on osx, at first launch i get a trap, if you want i can send you some report if you can explain me how to 

Thank you for your great work, CodeRush. I tried to flash my P8Z77-V LK bios with modded one using FTK tool. (wordpress site no longer has your tools....). Followed your instruction, renaming bios file to bios.bin, flashed using biosrefl, went thru and showed "FTP Operation Passed", then waited little more and got error saying Error 280 : Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space! as shown in the picture attached.

Is my board flashed or not?

post-564408-0-52516800-1416255112_thumb.jpg

Grab your BIOS file and drop it onto UEFIPatch binary, if .patched file is generated - some patches were applied.

On this screenshot you can clearly see "Usage: UEFIPatch image_file", so the only parameter you need is the path to tour BIOS file. Once, not twice or more.

Hi CodeRush,

I'm using MSI Z87 MPower, and when I grabbed my latest BIOS (7818) to UEFIPatch, nothing happened.

So what can i do to patch my BIOS?

It seems like I need to patch my BIOS to install OS X.

Thanks.

@ikkoku, there is no way to check it without trying and I don't know any reliable method to flash modified BIOS on notebooks, so please just use Clover's patching engine, if you don't have a SPI flasher to use dump/patch/reflash approach.

Just to report back.

I used this guide http://www.win-raid.com/t286f16-Guide-Flashing-modified-AMI-Aptio-UEFI-using-AFU.html

used afudos to extract bios

patch extracted bios with UEFIPatch

used afudos (using /P /B /K flags) to flash bios back

rebooted to windows

shutdown and used afudos to extract new bios

tests

1) tried to use uefipatch and it says something like string not found or nothing to patch

2) searched for the 75 string with UEFITool but not found.  EB string found

3) use RWEverything and searched for 0xE2 converted string to binary bit 15 is 0

I'm hoping that the three tests confirms that it was patched correctly and flashed successfully

This is for Asus notebook Q301LA (whch is the same as S301LA) with S301LAAS.214 rom version

Take the above info with a grain of salt.  You can brick your notebook if you try to flash with a modded bios.  

• 2 weeks later...

Can you help me with my mobo?  I patched it and it gives me the Security Verification Failed and I don't have a button for usb flashback or any info on it in the manual.  Mine's the ASUS Z77-A it isn't the sabertooth or nothing.

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Z77-A&p=1&s=39

You need to flash to older bios which doesn't have MSR lock, then flash with modded bios.