[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

Hello CodeRush,

I've been trying to get vanilla pm to work on my 10.8.2 installation to no avail.

I've used pre-modded on my Asus P8Z68-v lx bios found on the bios repo, I've used pmpatch to generate my own patched bios. the process did output a file and all seems to go rather well. I've used regular asus tools to flash the bios, it seems to hv flashed ok, both from the msg at the end of the flashing process and also from the info present at the uefi screen.

After all that I still need to use patched kext files to be able to boot into osx, thinking the flash process had somehow failed, despite all the success messages I tried flashing the bios once more using FTK, I followed your guide and the thing is, I still need nullcpupowermanagemnt.kext in order to avoid a aicpm.kext kp...

Any idea what could be causing this or how I could troubleshoot what's wrong?

Thx for the hard work btw, ur doing a very helpfull and usefull tool, and u still manage to provide great support for it...

made SSDT ?

made SSDT ?

No I didn't, but I didn't think I would need it?

Let me rephrase that.. I thought with the modded bios there'd be no need for a ssdt! I've read and spoken to a few ppl who have the very same board.. none had any of the issues I've been having it seems, but again none of them are on the lasted 4003 bios...

None of them use an ssdt and they're getting no speedstep issues...

k i had to make ssdt but i had error in speedstep 2 with P8Z77-v LX bios 1404

so it might not be needed for yours

what I suspect is that the flashing process is probably messing up... Wish someone knew some other way to test this...

what I suspect is that the flashing process is probably messing up... Wish someone knew some other way to test this...

I used another method to dump - patch - flash the bios.

Here you'll find > amiflash which holds a folder amiflash\Aptio\AFUWIN\64\afuwin64 ...

With this tool I dumped my bios, patched it and flashed it via windows on my Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance ; )

Hope it helps you too.

#REM DO NOT flash the bootblock - keep it for recovery!

bR :star_sunglasses:

I used another method to dump - patch - flash the bios ..

Keep this post in mind.

Unless your board got the "Flashback" feature, there is no way you can transfer the modified image to the BIOS chip. As far as I know, the LX got no such thing.

As CodeRush suggests on the first page, you should use FTK for the flashing process.

Keep this post in mind.

do you think it makes a difference using FTK or AFUWIN for UEFI?

The pmpatcher is just searching and replacing the matching bytecode pattern if exists.

I suggest both methods would make the same result.

btw from windows FTK shows:

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 8.1.10.1286
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Platform: Intel(R) Z77 Express Chipset
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid
--- Flash Devices Found ---
W25Q64BV ID:0xEF4017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

Error 26: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.

I'll try it with DOS version now and report back if it worked.

update: same result, I also read it would not work on later chipsets as Z77.

bR :king:

when I found this thread I did try and patch with pmpatch and then I used FTK to flash the bios... I got pretty much the same result as using the asus tools...

kenny I hv a z68 board not a z77.. :(

The time I've lost trying to sort this out I'm thinking it'll be a better choice just to grab a Gygabit board... ehehe not a brand I trust that much but if that's what it takes to properly get powermanagemnt etc... I'll probably do it if I don't figure out what the problem is.. :)

• Like 1

make backup of bios.. not dload.

thx for the reply, I don't think that should make much of a diference but I've tried so many things I'll give that a go tonight ;)

I'll post my results here as soon as I test it...

Hey CodeRush,

My Mainboard is ZOTAC H77 ITX B series.(http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-h77-it...77itx-b-e.html) I'm trying to patch my bios file with your Tools, but I got the messege :

bash-3.2# ./PMPatch /Volumes/DATA/Documents/Downloads/pa230/A2300508.bin /Volumes/DATA/Documents/Downloads/pa230/A2300509.bin 
PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerManagement module at 0032EB2C patched.
Patched module too big after compression.
Trying to apply patch #2
Trying to apply patch #3
Trying to apply patch #4
Trying to apply patch #5
AMI nest module at 005D0048 not patched: Repacked module can't be inserted.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 0079F300 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

I did try in both Mac and Windows but the result is the same.
Please find the attached BIOS file and help me!
Thank you very much for doing what you are doing!!

A2300508.bin.zip

all, sorry for not being here for a while. I've moved to Regensburg and now I still don't have stable access to the Internet, so I can't monitor forum posts.

mickey, please make a backup using "biosbck" command from FTK and attach it, so i can see if write-protection code is still there.

vvd214, made the patch manually with PhoenixTool, try it on your own risk.

A2301127_pm.zip

• Like 1

all, sorry for not being here for a while. I've moved to Regensburg and now I still don't have stable access to the Internet, so I can't monitor forum posts.

mickey, please make a backup using "biosbck" command from FTK and attach it, so i can see if write-protection code is still there.

A2301127_pm.zip

Thanks for your help, I did flash your attach file and It's work like a charm!

• Like 1

Results from a Toshiba U845w-s400 laptop (Insyde):

localhost:~ chris$ /Users/chris/Downloads/PMPatch /Users/chris/Downloads/teae640.fd /Users/chris/Downloads/teae640-patched.fd

PMPatch 0.5.11

PowerManagement modules not found.

AMI nest modules not found.

Trying to apply patch #1

Nested PowerManagement2.efi module at 00018752 not patched: Unknown module state.

Nested PowerManagement2.efi module at 00226CA0 patched.

Nested SmmPlatform module at 0001872E not patched: Unknown module state.

Nested SmmPlatform module at 002365E0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

Phoenix nest module at 003A2048 patched.

CpuPei modules not found.

Output file generated.

Since output file was generated, I should be good?

Hello. I am trying to get my first hackintosh working. Here are my specs:

Asus P8Z77-v Pro/Thunderbolt

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge

Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSD 240GB

TP-LINK TL-WDN3800

I'm trying to install from the Snow Leopard disk with i-Boot, however I get a kernel panic about AHCI drivers. I'm using the 1908 (latest) BIOS and assume I am getting this error because the BIOS is not modded. I've tried both the BIOS from the repo, and patching my own with the PMPatch for windows, but when I go to flash it, I get a "Security verification failed" message and can not continue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the USB BIOS flashback, but my mobo refuses to flash the modded BIOS. The light flashes 3 times and then the light stays steady. The activity light on the flash drive does not flash at all.

EDIT: I tried a different flash drive and the BIOS flash worked.

A2301127_pm.zip

This patched file works great. I just wondering can you add an option in "set Internal Graphic memory size=96 MB. because in my Bios option is only option for 32, 64 and 128 MB. Thanks

Is there a guide to using the windows compiled version of PMPatch? I see only one for osx. I have a msi z77ma-g45 and am trying to patch the latest 1.90 bios but the windows exe keeps crashing. I've tried running as administrator and I'm running windows 7 64bit.

Is there a guide to using the windows compiled version of PMPatch? I see only one for osx. I have a msi z77ma-g45 and am trying to patch the latest 1.90 bios but the windows exe keeps crashing. I've tried running as administrator and I'm running windows 7 64bit.

u can post the file and someone eventually can patch it.