[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

Try flashing unmodified BIOS. Are you sure you named your BIOS file properly?

Once again, BIOS for Z87 Deluxe is defferent from BIOS for Z87 Deluxe/Dual.

There is properly patched and properly named BIOS file for your board.

If UBF refuses to flash it - I don't know what is wrong.

Z87DD.zip

Hello,

This BIOS editing makes me very nervous. Would someone who is confident in doing it please take a look at the BIOS i attached for Jetway NAF92 boards?

These boards are used by many, many user who run older pro tools hardware and it would be wonderful to finally have working powermanagment (and not be tied to nullcpu).

I have tested that removing nullcpu works if i use clover and the asusACPI patch flag so that would indicate a bios patch would work, right?

THANK YOU!

i attached bios a04 which almost everyone is using, as well as A07 which is the latest and i may test it at some point. Would be great if both could be patched but i think A04 is priority.

g\

BA92AA04.zip

BA92AA07.zip

Both of this files can be patched with any version of PMPatch, bacause the locking code is in CpuPei module, which was added first in version 0.3, AFAIR. Try it and report, if modified BIOS works.

Thanks,

I am very nervous about it but i'll give it a try.

It seems to have patched A04, but when i use the patch on latest A07 i get this:

PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerManagement module at 0032957C patched.
Segmentation fault: 11

thanks,

g\

I don't know why OSX version is so freakin' buggy, my compilers are {censored}, I think.

Here is a report from Windows version:

PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerManagement module at 0032957C patched.
Gap module inserted after repacked module.
AMI nest module at 00640048 patched.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007B9BA0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.
Here is the patched file:

BA92AA07_PM.zip

Hi, I tried this on an Asus H87i-plus. First off it only managed to find and patch the PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi nothing else was found, then when trying to flash the BIOS with this, it just said security had failed. please advise! Other then that great work!

please advise

Nothing to do here with software methods now, if your ASUS x8x board doesn't support USB BIOS Flashback.

There is no way to flash modified BIOS on such boards, except external SPI programmer.

I heard some rumors about AMI Flash Utility able to flash BIOS on this platform, but I have no chance to test, that is why I don't recommend to try, unless you have SPI programmer to correct possible failure. But if you ask me about that, it appears that you don't have one.

Hi CodeRush,

Thanks for the program.  I tried to use it but would like to share my observations and check with you on some difference I noted.

I have an MSI Z77A-GD65.

I downloaded the 10.7 BIOS from http://us.msi.com/service/download/bios-19685.html (that is the 7751vA7.zip referenced through http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65.html#/?div=BIOS).

I also downloaded the modified 10.7 BIOS http://bios.zmac.net/msi/MSI-Z77A-GD65-107_modified.zip (listed under http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/msi/).

When I compared the original and modified E7751IMS.A70 , it shows 5951 bytes as different.

I then ran PMPatch (http://www.mediafire.com/download/1fmjj0av2fjaza8/PMPatch_0.5.13_osx.zip) on the original and compared the original and the resulting output and it shows 13528 bytes as different.

Here's the output of the command line in case it's informative:

al$ ./PMPatch 7751vA7/E7751IMS.A70 out2
PMPatch 0.5.13
PowerManagement module at 0038BF38 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 007BEAA8 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

Can you help to clarify why PMPatch produced an output that has more byte differences compared to the modified BIOS somebody had posted (both relative to the BIOS downloadable from MSI)?

I had already flashed my BIOS to the latest (10.8, 7751vA8.zip from http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65.html#/?div=BIOS) a few weeks ago.  I am guessing that there's no harm to "downgrade: to the patched 10.7 BIOS, right?

Thank you.

Can you help to clarify why PMPatch produced an output that has more byte differences compared to the modified BIOS somebody had posted (both relative to the BIOS downloadable from MSI)?

I am guessing that there's no harm to "downgrade: to the patched 10.7 BIOS, right?

Thank you.

Yes. Different version of LZMA compression algorithm. The patch itself is the same, but PowerManagement module is recompressed, that is why so many bytes are differrent after patching.

You can patch 10.8 version and flash it, if you want. I don't know if it's possible to downgrade BIOS on MSI, but if it is - there be nothing harmful.

Yes. Different version of LZMA compression algorithm. The patch itself is the same, but PowerManagement module is recompressed, that is why so many bytes are differrent after patching.

You can patch 10.8 version and flash it,if you want. I don't know if it's possible to downgrade BIOS on MSI, but if it is - there be nothing harmful.

Thank you for the quick reply, CodeRush.

Try flashing unmodified BIOS. Are you sure you named your BIOS file properly?

Once again, BIOS for Z87 Deluxe is defferent from BIOS for Z87 Deluxe/Dual.

There is properly patched and properly named BIOS file for your board.

If UBF refuses to flash it - I don't know what is wrong.

attachicon.gifZ87DD.zip

Thank you for this BIOS. I will try it tomorrow.

• What do you mean by naming it correctly ? Do I need to rename the file with the same name ASUS gave it in the first place ? Or do I keep the current name ?

If it Still doesn't work I will try flashing with the original BIOS from ASUS as it's a good test to see if USB Flash Back function is not buggy on this version of the BIOS.

Thanks fot your effort !

PM!

Successfully patched, renamed and flashed BIOS 2003 on my ASUS P8Z77-V Pro using USB BIOS Flashback.

Extracted and patched new DSDT, generated i5-3570K SSDT with Pike's script, CPU power states and S3 sleep/wake are working, even with a slight overclock.

Thank you CodeRush for making life easier! I have to say that I'm impressed by your positive attitude and your collaboration with Zotac, I wish other vendors would do the same.

• Like 1

The Real Deal, this is pretty intersting. SecureBoot and other *Boot options was off?

Sorry for the late reply. Apparently it is related to GUID Partition Table formated disk. A prevent lock or UEFI bug, i don't know. MBR format no problem.

I have switched the Asus vs a Gigabyte.

ASUS makes good boards for hardcore overclockers, but not for hackintoshers, I think. And that BIOS lock implemented by them recently there is less and less point on bying ASUS for hackintosh setup.

And that BIOS lock implemented by them recently there is less and less point on bying ASUS for hackintosh setup.

<ME> waiting for his Quo motherboard...

I hope Quo makes a board with perfect DSDT and other software stuff, but without SMC chip it will still be a Gigabyte with Firewire and Thunderbolt. 

If it will be good - why not, but not I see no reasons to buy any new board, because there is no new features there, that will be useful for me. 

Even after 2 years of service, Sandy Bridge and Z68 are still OK.

Hi CodeRush,

I managed to flash my BIOS (ASUS Z87 DELUXE DUAL) with the file you provided.

Still I had to make a DSDT in order to get fully functional Sleep.

Since bios flash I have a problem regarding the Realtek Ethernet latest driver causing KP. Is it possible or am I missing something else ?

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the late reply. Apparently it is related to GUID Partition Table formated disk. A prevent lock or UEFI bug, i don't know. MBR format no problem.

I have switched the Asus vs a Gigabyte.

I had to deal with the same issue installing the Z87 DELUXE DUAL. What a mess !

Is it possible or am I missing something else ?

It's definitely possible, but not PMPatch related. Try flashing old BIOS tha same way and test for this bug presence.