20 replies to this topic

carmeloooo

carmeloooo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Intell HD3000 fully working with enabled QE/CI - Mountain Lion 10.8.5

After installing Mountain Lion on my laptop I had problem with HD3000 which was recognised as intel HD3000 but with 64 MB shared memory without QE/CI.
I want to share with others who have the same problem, how managed to make Intel HD3000 Graphics Card work fully on my laptop.
I am a simple user and I managed to do it following informations from the Internet.
Thanks to all that posted guides, instructions, kexts, tools etc and sorry for my poor English.

There is a folder attached with instructions, neccesary kexts and tools needed.  

Do not extract  attached zip folder - files in Windows OS. I found out that Info.plist were destroyed. Do it in Mac OSX environment aft.er installation of the basic system

Specifications of  my laptop:
Clevo W550EU
Intel 7 Series Chipset AHCI Sandy Bridge
CPU i3 2328M 2.2Ghz
Intel HD3000 built in Ven:8086 Dev:0116 Rev 9
DISPLAY 1366x768
WLAN Realtek RTL8723BE  (not working must be replaced)
LAN Realtek RTL8168 working
CAMERA Chicony USB 2.0 working
AUDIO VIA High Definition Ven: 1106 Dev: 8446 working with VoodooHDA 2.8.2 kext
KEYBOARD Typical PS/2 TouchPad Synaptics PS/2 working
CARD READER Realtek (don't kow if it's working)

BIOS American Megatrends Aptio Setup Utility version 2.15.1226/2012
For installation all BIOS options were disabled except AHCI which was enabled.

> I used Niresh Mountain Lion 10.8.5 iso burned in DVD with IMGBurn in Win 7.
I Know that iAtkos ML2 1.8.2 can be used with the same outcome for HD3000 (for audio,LAN,CAMERA I don't know)
(If someone want to use a Bootable USB it must be created in Mac OSX. See instructions in attached file).

Install options:
Chameleon, MacBookPro 8.1 SMBIOS, Disabler, Fixed Kexts, NullPowerManagement, Fake SMC, CMOS Reset Fix, PS/2, AppleRTC Patch for 10.8
At the end of installation I saw the message "Install Failed" and I repeated installation. It took me 3-4 times to succeed.  (In case of installation failure use some flags as  -v npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID=1, buratio=20 or 17 or 14). With iAtkos ML2 I didn't have that problem.

After successful installation  I rebooted with DVD I used for installation.
> I opened Terminal and removed the following kexts from Extensions:
AppleeIntelSNBFramebufferFB.kext (which is the main kext that had to be removed to boot in Mountain Lion) and all AppleIntelHD*.
rm -R /Volumes/Name of the partition installed 10.8.5/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBFramebufferFB.kext  and
rm -r /Volumes/Name of the partition installed 10.8.5/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD*
Repaired permissions with:
chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Name of the partition installed 10.8.5/System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Name of the partition installed 10.8.5/System/Library/Extensions
Removed cache (if there is one) with:
rm -R /Volumes/Name of the partition installed 10.8.5/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

> Then I rebooted to the installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5.
Used Kext Wizard and installed HD3000*.kexts and AppleIntelSNBFramebufferFB.kext.
(find them in attached inside the folder with the name "HD3000_ML10.8.2Pack.zip").
Repaired permissions and removed caches using OSXTools.
Next I edited (with TextEdit) org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.
Added the following:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32 or whatever  your display native resolution is</string>
(Do not use the option GraphicsEnabler=Yes).
> I rebooted to Mountain Lion.
In Terminal  I run the DSDTExtract.command (which is inside the folder with the same name, following the instructions which are in the same folder also).
A dsdt.aml file created on my desktop.
[Make a copy of your dsdt and rename it as you like (for example dsdtoriginal.aml)].
Opened dsdt.aml with MaciASL.
Pressed the button "Compile". Then the button "patch" and next the button "open".
Selected  from the folder "Patces Laptop-DSDT-Patch-master", subfolder "graphics" the file "graphics_HD3K_low.txt"(Select it if you have resolution until 1366x768 or select "graphics_HD3K_high.txt if you have higher resolutions).
Pressed Apply and saved dsdt file in Extra folder.

Rebooted and had HD3000 fully working recognised as Intel HD3000 384 MB, transparent menu, working video DVD, working QuickTime video etc.

I wish to you success.

attachicon.gifMountain Lion 10.8.5 HD3000 kexts utilities instructions.zip

Hello kanelip,

I have a clevo w550eu, and I want to install OS X.

Do you have a tuto ? What did you installed ?

Thanks a lot :)

Carmelo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd3000, z68ma-d2h-b3, z68ma, uefi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy