Acer Aspire V3 771G 9809

Yusuke Urameshi

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I would like some (specific) help and instructions on the proper process / trial and error methods to install any version of OS X on my laptop.

It is an Acer Aspire V3 771G 9809 with

i7 Ivy Bridge 3632QM (HD Graphics 4000)

Nvidia GeForce GT 650M (Optimus driven, not expecting it to work soon or ever)

(If other specs are important, I can post, but if I recall, these are the important things to look at when hackintoshing)

Now, I'm very computer savvy, but I'm simple lacking resources and experience trying this. I'm planning on using a second hard drive to try the installs on (as to not ruin my windows HDD) and playing around some. I was hoping some experts could give me some info on

- What version to install

- How to get that version (vanilla disc, boot disc, etc.)

- Special processes to use

- Anything that could help

I've read in some other threads with similar enough specs that it is doable (mostly) and I'm just wanting some reassurance.

To my knowledge, it seems that I can essentially attempt to install Mountain Lion from scratch from a vanilla install disc, boot into safemode, remove and install some kexts as mention in (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284392-acer-v3-771g-mountain-lion/) and finally, have enough working to show off that my laptop is running OS X without an apple anywhere on the case!

Anyways, thanks for all the help and guidance, sorry if I left out some information.