• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ne0shell

ne0shell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I bought one of the GeForce 210 cards when they were on special and never could get it working (monitor wouldn't even come on no matter what I tried) so I'm looking for a card that will work out of the box, full accelleration on current Mountain Lion release.

My mobo is a GiGa p55a-UD3 with PCIe slot.

I've run an old Nvidia 8600GT for years with no issues but I'd like to get something with better performance for GPU encoding, games, etc. Unfortunately I can't really afford to spend more than 100 bucks or so on this without getting my wife bent out of shape, otherwise I'd probably build a whole new machine. This one's been stable and performed well but I'm a bit of a performance geek and would love to have the latest / fastest custom Mac I can.

mickeyd453

mickeyd453

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I also have a 9600 GT and its great however i recently built another machine and in that i put a 610 GT and its also great. Not OOTB however just need to add the device id to the nVidea kext and you are away.

thanks

~anima

~anima

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
I'd say get a GT640 or GTX650 if you find one in budget like the zotac gtx650 which often goes for under 100€ around here. Both are quite capable of doing acceptable graphics performance on recent games and cuda. I'm thinking about ditching me 9800Gtx for a gtx650 (65W tdp) as the performance is almost the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy