Slow Boot on new system

hundleton1

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, im new to this world but have been learning rapidly, iv have a Dell VIstro 220 2ghz Core Duo , 2gb ram that iv managed to get ML worknig on i was having some major graphics issues but resolved that but have found its very slow booting, it takes 1.20+ to get to the desktop, iv added verious strings into the chameleon plist but none have speeded things up,

it sits on PCI Configuration Begin for over a minute then jumps straight to the desktop.

Below is my boot plist that iv built-up from scratch, it tried it with and with out Kernal Cache and npci.

<key>Boot Banner</key>

<string>No</string>

<string>npci=0x3000</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Any help would be great

just an addition, iv i add npci=3000 to chameleon boot with -v it flys on passed PCI Config and sticks for almost a minute at ACPI_SMC_Platform with timed out at the end, strange that it goes passed the PCI when i put it in manually even with it in the plist

Hello,

think we need some more informations about your installation method... but you can take a look on the powermanagement-kexts and delete/patch them - helped me on a desktop-system

ol2003

was installed via USB stick from the method on here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/ allthough i have done a few things diferent due to boot problems after Chameleon and my graphics card Nvidia 210 1gb. thats all sorted now mind