10 replies to this topic

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh
The AMD section needs some new topics, so I decided to make this one.
Let's help the devs and make their development more easier, by showing them what processors they need to support!

Vote here (and take a look @ tutorial if you want).

I think this may really help the developers to make more compatible software.
For example: 98% of users use K10 or newer architecture, so there should be no need for K8 anymore...
But that was just an example. Now go vote! :)

DaMadOne

DaMadOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
First post so hello everyone! I have been lurking in these few AMD posts for a few weeks now. My specs are in my sig. (i stole yours Deltac0 and just changed it to my specs) So obviously I vote for K10's. I have SL stable @ 10.6.8 with nawcom's kernel. I am typing this from 10.7.4 now using connactic's kernel which I just got installed. It is not very stable though. I assume this is due to some unresolved hardware problem. Well off to do a disk img of this lion drive so I have a good base when I inevitably screw it up =)

Maybe it would be a good idea to start up a thread here for general AMD mackintosh problems.

EDIT:
I have tried Sinetek's 64bit kernel. It boots up and runs just fine, but after it got unstable a couple times I went back to nawcom's. I have barely been able to get this thing running. I have been trying to get my ALC892 audio working via DSDT for the last 2 days... and I feel like I know what I am doing but it just is not cooperating.

Anyone around here care to try and give me at hand ironing out a few things with my DSDT? As far as the ALC892 is going I think I have the HDEF done correctly, it shows up in system profile as Intel HD Audio and ALC892 it just has no inputs/outputs listed. The one other major thing that has had me stumped is my graphics card. Lion has support for nvidia 5xx out the box..but if I either patch the "oem" kext with my gpu ID or install the retail nvidia drivers I can see its load just before going to desktop, but I just get a black screen and kernel panics I assume because of the driver. Not sure if something in my DSDT needs to be edited or if it is a kext or kernel problem. Hopefully someone chimes in...... been pulling my hair out.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

First post so hello everyone! I have been lurking in these few AMD posts for a few weeks now. My specs are in my sig. (i stole yours Deltac0 and just changed it to my specs) So obviously I vote for K10's. I have SL stable @ 10.6.8 with nawcom's kernel. I am typing this from 10.7.4 now using connactic's kernel which I just got installed. It is not very stable though. I assume this is due to some unresolved hardware problem. Well off to do a disk img of this lion drive so I have a good base when I inevitably screw it up =)

Maybe it would be a good idea to start up a thread here for general AMD mackintosh problems.

Welcome!

You could try Sinetek's full 64-bit kernel. Here is a tutorial.
Please post if it worked or it didn't work, we need to confirm more working processors. :)

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey guys how about we start a thread that has the different kernels that are available for each OSX version, ie SL 10.8.6, L 10.7.5 & ML 10.8.0/2, with
all new kernel flag options and supporting CPUs.

This will save people having to hunt through lots of pages/posts trying to find a working kernel and then asking what kernel flags there are and what CPU
dose it support.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Hey guys how about we start a thread that has the different kernels that are available for each OSX version, ie SL 10.8.6, L 10.7.5 & ML 10.8.0/2, with

This will save people having to hunt through lots of pages/posts trying to find a working kernel and then asking what kernel flags there are and what CPU
dose it support.

Good idea! :)

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

dose it support.

Done!

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts
Hi @ll

I miss on insaneleymac and in all other forums, an OSX Special page that presents itself only with primary error messages or messages with kernel panic, a help for the investigation. The first page should have a listing of all messages, are offered with appropriate measures to aid solution.

This would ensure a large number of users, can be very useful, because you sometimes for hours to days on end through various forums searches before one finds a solution, or not. :wink2:

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D

Hi @ll

I miss on insaneleymac and in all other forums, an OSX Special page that presents itself only with primary error messages or messages with kernel panic, a help for the investigation. The first page should have a listing of all messages, are offered with appropriate measures to aid solution.

This would ensure a large number of users, can be very useful, because you sometimes for hours to days on end through various forums searches before one finds a solution, or not. :wink2:

spakk, I'm not sure I quite understand you, but...

Are you thinking we should make topics on what to do with various kernel panics?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,909 posts
I understood and will provide it. :)

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Theconnactic: the reason why I'm asking is because many of these kp solutions could be placed in the FAQ. Do you think that would be a good idea?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,909 posts
Hey, Pooky!

Yes, i really do!

Best regards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy