Hi All, I need some help to make Mountain Lion 10.8.2 boot from RAID1
Up to now I have done this (from a ML installed on a separate SATA disc):
1) format HD, then create RAID1 disk
2) launch DD script, set RAID as target and launch retail DVD install (option 1)
3) install starts and I select RAID1 volume … wait until it is done (20 min)
4) install boot loader Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r1278 (choose UseKernelCache Yes in options)
5) Problem: there is no Extra folder so DD script does not install kexts. Create one Manually on helper partitions
6) install kexts with DD script (selecting system as target)
Here I started troubleshooting since I cannot boot from this RAID1 disk.
Doing some search found these two threads interesting:
1) [GUIDE] LION on Software RAID0 fully working..
2) [GUIDE] Chameleon 2 RAID - More complete tutorial
I have tried following the recommendations in these two GUIDES (the first references the second). I have gotten to the point were:
1) If I try to boot the RAID1 disk, I get a boot0 done, boot1 error
2) If I try to boot a standard Mountain Lion off of a simple (non RAID) disk, selecting the RAID1 disk from chameleon GUI allows me to boot the RAID1 installed Mountain Lion.
I think I am close to it, but still do not know how to do it.
please note that the RAID1 member partitions are on a GUID partition table (AFAIK I cannot make a RAID on MBR partition table on 10.8.2)
booting Mountain Lion from RAID1 issueMountain Lion boot RAID1
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users