• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Paphlagon

Paphlagon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am noticing that their exists a few Gateway machines in the compatibility list. Has anyone had any success with the machine in my title or any other machine with the Intel N2600 CPU and GMA 3600 graphics set? Thank you

lunux

lunux

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
theconnactic

InsanelyMac Legend
  • Posted Image
  • Members
  • Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:59 AM
Hi!

With your graphics, OSX would be a P.I.T.A. to install and will never get acceleration (the famous QE/CI), but if you want to try anyway, use Mountain Lion, since your CPU is 64-bit and should support it. Follow this guide [Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X Mountain Lion + Chameleon + DSDT for beginners. with this extra step: download newest chameleon package from www.kexts.com, install the package making sure that, under customization, you check the kernel patcher module so it boots on your Atom CPU.

Post results here, so we can effectively help you.

Best regards!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gateway, N2600, GMA3600, Intel Atom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy