HFS+ partition error on Toshiba A105-S2051 Satellite

furball

2 posts in this topic

Got an older Toshiba laptop for holidays, thought I'd finally try to build a Hackintosh out of it. Trying the Kalyway 10.5.2 install disc, as that's the only one so far I could get to boot. Took overnight, but it installed. This morning I had a "select your language" screen, but the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work (no USB keyboard, just the laptop's - I understand there's a fix, but that's later), USB mouse also wouldn't work, so I rebooted. Now have "H0000000 - HFS+ Partition Error". Tried resetting the Partition ID to AF, it was already set. Tried fixing the MBR in Partition Manager - also didn't work.

I'm now reinstalling Kalyway 10.5.2 all over again, after reformatting the partition in Disk Utility. If I get that error again after rebooting, I'm stuck. I really don't have the funds to go and get a USB keyboard right now, just for this.

Am I even starting all of this right, with the later distros out there? I originally wanted to install SL on this laptop, but the iATKOS S3 wouldn't boot. I have the retail SL DVD.

Is there some required reading I'm missing?

OK, just picked up a used USB keyboard, so once the reinstall finishes, I should have a way to access the terminal.

Forgot the system specs:

Intel Celeron M 1.70 GHz "Dalton 1024", has SSE2, no SSE3

1.5 GB DDR2 RAM

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M video

PS/2 based keyboard and trackpad

Atheros AR5005G wireless

Realtek 8139 wired ethernet

Don't really care if PCMCIA works, nobody really uses it anymore, same with the modem.