8 replies to this topic

JungMin

JungMin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi,

I am running 10.7.4 on a GA-P35-DS3 with a core2duo. It's been running perfectly fine until a few minutes ago when I restarted it and it won't boot, Christmas Eve movie is delayed....

Maybe 2 or 3 boots prior I connected a new drive but without issue, even after a few reboots. The last thing i did was install "Remote Buddy", then reboot.

I'm not sure what caused this panic and was hoping someone could take a look at these screenshots and help me get running again.

I get this when booting verbose:

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356340878.732580.jpg   89.52KB   17 downloads

And this after verbose and safe:

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356340964.606717.jpg   90.68KB   15 downloads

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
the problem is a kext, iospirit.kext, if you have installed this, delete the kext, boot with -x -f -v GraphicsEnable=No cpus=1 repairPermissions/RebuildCaches with kext KextWizard and reboot

JungMin

JungMin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Thank you for the quick reply! One more question...I'm not sure what that kext is as I didn't install it. I haven't added any in months.

I logged in via installer USB, and used the terminal app to go to /System/Library/Extensions, but I can't find that file?

Any ideas where I should look?

Cheers.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
boot with -s -v the problem it is a app Remot Buddy

mount /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf RBIOKitHelper.kext
cd /System/Library/Caches
rm -rf *
schutdown -R now

JungMin

JungMin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I can't boot with -s -v, the system still freezes. Can I do the suggested via the terminal.app? Will I be able to delete the files when I'm not a valid 'user'?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
try this boot flag for single user mode : -f -x -v -s GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x2000 or you need your USBInstaller or DVDInstaller and go for Utilities/app Terminal
type diskutil list: locate your disk and mount :Example diskutil mount /dev/disk0s2 is your disk0 and your partition2 see your
type: cd name_yourdisk
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf RBIOKitHelper.kext
cd /System/Library/Caches
rm rf *
reboot -R now

JungMin

JungMin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
First I just wanted to say thank you for your help!

I was unable to boot with those flags so I used a USB installer. I can get to the terminal app, but can't seem to delete the caches as it says its a READ ONLY file system.

Cheers.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts
ok, and have you deleted the kext? reboot and use flag -f is for ignore caches.

JungMin

JungMin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I think I got it. I was working from the root folder, but actually all you mentioned had to be done off my users folder.

It just booted normally, anxious to reboot and see what happens again but it seems ok!

Thank you so much for your help. I've learned a lot thanks to you. Cheers and have a very merry Christmas!!

Edit: Yahoo! It booted up again! Thanks again for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy