• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

fitman

fitman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have a D2607-A11 card and flash into LSI 9211-8i IT mode, can it be used in Sierra using this SASMegaRAID.kext driver?

jfive

jfive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I have a D2607-A11 card and flash into LSI 9211-8i IT mode, can it be used in Sierra using this SASMegaRAID.kext driver?

From what I've read over the years, this will not work with card in IT mode. You can try it but the OS might not recognize the drives. If you use IT mode to gain JBOD, you might use RAID 0 instead.

blackrunnero

blackrunnero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi everyone

Just Installed a perc h310 into my mac pro 3,1. the adapter shows up in the scsi section using the sasmegaraid kext, drives are visible in mfiutil only BUT i have no acces to the drives. I tried to build a volume through mfiutil but is not possible, it says: current driver configuration won't allow any changes.

I have a PC and I tried to replace the dell firmware with lasi9211 but the PC won.t boot unless I cover the pins 4 and 5 on the adapter and when I do this the H310 won't show up at all.

any ideas?

I need to create a raid0 from two ssd

thank you

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Is the 9285CV-8e a Fusion-based card?

If so, any recommendations on an external card?

OK, so the 9285CV appears to be SAS2208, so no go.

Looks like 9200-8e or 9280-8e for me!

AppleIIGuy

AppleIIGuy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 433 posts

Hi everyone

Just Installed a perc h310 into my mac pro 3,1. the adapter shows up in the scsi section using the sasmegaraid kext, drives are visible in mfiutil only BUT i have no acces to the drives. I tried to build a volume through mfiutil but is not possible, it says: current driver configuration won't allow any changes.

I have a PC and I tried to replace the dell firmware with lasi9211 but the PC won.t boot unless I cover the pins 4 and 5 on the adapter and when I do this the H310 won't show up at all.

any ideas?

I need to create a raid0 from two ssd

thank you

Have you tried booting in legacy mode to access the perc bios and setup the array that way?

ccozmo

ccozmo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Will this driver work for High Sierra ? or is there anyway to modify it to ? I'm currently using it on Sierra and don't want to upgrade to High Sierra if it doesn't work.

Thanks

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

What RAID manager is installed with this package? I can't seem to find it for some reason.

Or does someone have a link to a working RAID manager? I am having a hard time finding it on Broadcom's website.

AppleIIGuy

AppleIIGuy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 433 posts

You create the raid in bios. You must boot in Legacy Mode and access the bios of the card.

kurbads

kurbads

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi, I have both LSI 9211-8i and PERC H310 cards. None of them show up in El Capitan. Do I need to upgrade to Sierra? If read somewhere High Sierra has it's own driver for LSI / Poweredge.

Regardless of if I put the kext in SLE or Clover EFI or both. The kext shows as not loaded in System Report.  

The card shows in during boot and shows number of attached disks. 

Do I have to create array of disks even for card to show up?

I only have one 8TB SAS drive to attach. That's what the second card was bought for.

I use the first one to test SSDs before sale on eBay, 8 at a time. Both cards seem to be pretty well supported by your driver. Is it OS version independent?

David

Edit: I run the sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/SASMegaRAID.kext with fellowing results

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/SASMegaRAID.kext:
Code Signing Failure: not code signed
/System/Library/Extensions/SASMegaRAID.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/SASMegaRAID.kext"
kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/SASMegaRAID.kext"
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/SASMegaRAID.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/SASMegaRAID.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

After this kext shows as loaded in Profiler extensions but no cards show up anywhere and it shows up as not loaded after restart.

Edited by kurbads, 07 October 2017 - 04:51 PM.

ccozmo

ccozmo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

I see it's based on a LSISAS2208 (aka Thunderbolt), so unfortunately no (see https://github.com/d...raid/README.mkd)

dZihan,

No, but i've just followed my guide to you for the test, and got sleep working. So there's something wrong on your side.

That's what i did:

- Done an install from package Release.zip http://www.osx86.net...asmegaraidkext/

- Tested, no sleep

- Got plist from Unsafe settings unlocked.zip http://www.osx86.net...asmegaraidkext/, changed AllowSleep preference from 'false' to 'true' and overwritten kext's Info.plist by it, run kext utility, rebooted

- Tested, tied to console (opened a terminal and issued 'tail -f /var/log/system.log | grep SAS' command), sleep works! Waked up the machine, waited a bit, a console message 'Resumed after sleep' appeared. Used a volume on the controller a bit for the test, done reboot, repeated this step. All OK!

Hi,

The links to these files, have been deleted. Does anyone know where I can get them from ? I want to be able to put my system to sleep and I can't due to "System sleep preventers: SASMegaRAID"

Does anyone have this working ? And could help me out ?

Thanks !

ccozmo

ccozmo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

I downloaded the "Unsafe sleep enabled.zip" from the following link

http://www.insanelym...asmegaraidkext/

Installed the Release/SASMegaRAID.kext in /S/L/E instead of the original kext and now my system will sleep 

I also asked earlier if this kext would work on High Sierra and i can confirm it's working fine

kurbads

kurbads

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Bought this LSI 9211-8i on eBay. Loaded it with the latest firmware and bios. Created a RAID array on Windows on the same machine. Boot into Mac - nothing, as if there was no sign of it. Edited dukzcry kext 0x73001000 to 0x72001000 no luck. The prefer MSI is already set to 'false'. Is this my destiny?

MegaRAID.png
2X256gbRAID.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 21.05.05.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 21.08.05.png

Attached Files

kurbads

kurbads

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

does anyone know how to use the commercial drivers from astek?  

Would you mind sharing where to get them? Or could you please host them somewhere?

kurbads

kurbads

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Found them, they work!

Dukzcry, please add these drivers to your main page as people who look for these will find your page first. Also because you are paying so much attention to aspect that your driver is not for 'fusion' cards, please explain what it is and how does it matter. Point out that there is a driver for fusion cards.

Here is the device list the driver works with

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
   <string>0x00641000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x00651000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x00701000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x00721000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x007E1000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x00861000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x00871000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x006E1000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF</string>

Attached File  LSI_2308_DRIVERS.zip   213.38KB   8 downloads

Cheers!

David

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy