• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
i've noticed that on my hackintosh builds the X86PlatformPlugin doesn't load, instead ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin loads and that brings up unsupported CPU 0x3a errors as that plugin doesnt support modern processors.

i've compared IOREG from actual recent iMacs and MacMinis, and the cpu-type doesnt match, i got 01 05 and it should be 04 06. i've fixed that by changes to SMBIOS.plist but that didnt make it load

i then noticed a plugin-type property 0x1, which is also in IOPropertyMatch within the X86PlatformPlugin info.plist, so i've injected that property and i can confirm it shows in the IOReg, but still it wont load the plugin, it always reverts to the SMC one.

i'm not sure what else i'm missing!

can someone help shed some light into it?

edit: okay why it is, that you always work it out, only after you've posted on a forum ;)

i renamed the

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext and now X86PlatformPlugin loads! so the question now is, really, is what is causing the

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin to load. i suspect something to do with FakeSMC or the

boot loader..... i dont like renaming or deleting kexts as a solution

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
According to http://www.applelife...urboboost.38283
you need to inject plugin-type 'One' into the first core and have a proper BoardID like it is used in iMac13,1 for instance: Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86.

It loads fine for me this way.

rr7

rr7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

According to http://www.applelife...urboboost.38283
you need to inject plugin-type 'One' into the first core and have a proper BoardID like it is used in iMac13,1 for instance: Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86.

It loads fine for me this way.

works fine on my second system too, seems to work okay on the first unless its in safe mode, but its a bit inconsistent. it does look like it will soon be handled automatically in clover EFI according to that thread,

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
That would be great.

I also discovered one more difference.
My Core-i5 3570k gets a cpu-type of 0106.
According to an iMac13,1 ioreg a Core-i7 3770 (if I deduces the CPU correctly) get a cpu-type of 0406.
Just a suspicion, I didn't find enough information yet.

aankun.ganteng

aankun.ganteng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
can you please explain how you renamed the plugin,
I've tried to make X86PlatformPlugin load on my Asus G75 notebook but no result

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
The process got automated meanwhile.
If you use Clover as boot loader, you can use its state generator. Otherwise you can use this script to produce an SSDT for your processor.

aankun.ganteng

aankun.ganteng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thanks for the very fast replay :)
yes i try using that script for days now, but still no good.
There are absolutely no "plugin-type" property on IOReg.
is there any chance the other kext might be the couse, fakesmc for example
which version of fakesmc did you use.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
Make sure nothing else interferes with your performance states besides this one custom SSDT. There is no need to drop existing ones. FakeSMC won't cause any trouble but I would recommend this version.

aankun.ganteng

aankun.ganteng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
quick question,
when i generate my ssdt using the script, do i rename the file or not before move it to the clover folder?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
I always rename them to SSDT-# - with # being a digit - but you would need to try if it works otherwise or not.
You can alternatively try Clover's state generator (http://www.insanelym...00#entry1905255) which should produce the same result. Make sure to use a recent revision.

aankun.ganteng

aankun.ganteng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I tried that one to :( and I also use the latest clover since in compile it myself.
maybe I will try to do a fresh install this one might be to cluttered
will report back later :)

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
Maybe you just search for the wrong property type? Does your CPU reach the highest state?

aankun.ganteng

aankun.ganteng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
There are only 2 state 12 and 23 whichis the lowest and the highest in normal range. Never reach turbo at 33.

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
Are you sure you don't generate states with Clover? Otherwise attach your ioreg.

aankun.ganteng

aankun.ganteng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
after a fresh install + 10.8.3 combo update finally found the problematic kext :)
it's AppleACPIPlatform.kext + AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext the one that i use to show battery indicator.
turn out AppleACPIPlatform use by the OS to identify the machine (I think I read this somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong)

now using the untouch AppleACPIPlatform.kext + AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext the X86PlatformPlugin loaded, 9 pstates including turbo :)
but no AGPM yet

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Interesting topic. How can i check/monitor the pstates for my i5?

P.S.: just checked in IOReg, my CPU type is 04 06. I'll take it as a sign the P-states are working correctly, since i don't know really how to check this (iMac 12,2 btw).

P.P.S.: on the other hand, X86Platform.plugin doesn't load here too, ACPI_SMC_Platform.plugin loading instead. i took a look on my log in Console and found the dreaded getCPUIDinfo message there. But the upside is there is at least one post on the subject in applelife.hu saying this doesn't really affects speedstep. What's the truth, since i don't know how to check it myself?

aankun.ganteng

aankun.ganteng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
by monitor you mean realtime current P-state? I don't really know about that
but to know which states the processor is able to reach use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo or MSRDumper

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Yeah, just found MSRDumper, but thanks anyway! :)

Yeah, it's not working: only states 16 and 36. Going to use Clover's automatic generator tool.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
UPDATE: with Clover P-state generator, i got a third P-state: 34. X86PlatformPlugin doesn't load though.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
Speedstep doesn't work properly with any iMac12,x profile, even real macs have the issue. You'll be better off using a MacMini profile or modding your iMac steps with the MacMini info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy