Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

ham4ever

613 posts in this topic

Im not having much luck changing over to the 64bit kernel. I put it in, changed over to arch=x86_64 -nossse3bit and tried both -legacy and no -legacy, both which lead me here and it just sits there...it doesnt appear to panic, but when I press keys nothing shows up on the screen.

EDIT: Should I remove any dsdt, or injected device properties from chameleon boot?

post-3409-0-15023400-1357406766_thumb.jpg

Im not having much luck changing over to the 64bit kernel. I put it in, changed over to arch=x86_64 -nossse3bit and tried both -legacy and no -legacy, both which lead me here and it just sits there...it doesnt appear to panic, but when I press keys nothing shows up on the screen.

EDIT: Should I remove any dsdt, or injected device properties from chameleon boot?

What version are of Lion is installed? Looks like some USB errors there. Its hard to make out.

What version are of Lion is installed? Looks like some USB errors there. Its hard to make out.

Yes I noticed USBHCI errors...no idea what that is and never had problems with it when running SL and Lion(32 bit) I have 10.7.3 installed as 10.7.4 has issues with the ethernet card I have, and I havent tried 10.7.5 yet for the same reason.

Yes I noticed USBHCI errors...no idea what that is and never had problems with it when running SL and Lion(32 bit) I have 10.7.3 installed as 10.7.4 has issues with the ethernet card I have, and I havent tried 10.7.5 yet for the same reason.

It is possibly still waiting for root device. Do you have a kext installed for your chipset? Make sure it's 64-bit.

It is possibly still waiting for root device. Do you have a kext installed for your chipset? Make sure it's 64-bit.

Not that I am aware of, I installed lion with Iatkos in SL, I dont recall using a chipset kext though. I jumped ship and deleted my Lion partition to try and install ML. I have a backup image of my Lion partition if I choose to go back. Whats an example of an AMD chipset?

Not that I am aware of, I installed lion with Iatkos in SL, I dont recall using a chipset kext though. I jumped ship and deleted my Lion partition to try and install ML. I have a backup image of my Lion partition if I choose to go back. Whats an example of an AMD chipset?

ATIATA or AppleNForceATA maybe?

• Like 1

IiTz ShAnE, could you compile 10.7.2 kernel? And 10.7 probably too?

I don't have XCode on any of my installations atm and I wouldn't like to download it for like 5 hours. :D

IiTz ShAnE, could you compile 10.7.2 kernel? And 10.7 probably too?

I don't have XCode on any of my installations atm and I wouldn't like to download it for like 5 hours. :D

If you can tell me the xnu version then yes I Can try.

Edit: Doesn't matter :)

I have the xnu Tarball page bookmarked already lol. Version numbers kind of explain them selves I just had a dumb moment lol. Attempting 10.7.0 just now.

Thanks! :)

Well, anyway I started the XCode download already, only 20 minutes left. :D

Hey Guys THANKS :D

It works for me now, just a slightly little problem,

I can't accelerate my GFX Every time I say

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

It responds by giving me

DSMOS has arrived

And if I delete ATI kext then I get

Still waiting for root device

Any of you who have been able to fire up your gfx, btw mine is a HD6850.

Best Regards Racermussen

ok installer iatkos l2 put my atiata kext on system/E booted up with legacy kernel archx86-64 -v and iv got this panic: unable to find driver for this platform ACPI

whats wrong?

It's a 10.7.5 kernel.

L2 = 10.7.2...

This is the only file which crashes sometimes: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/VideoToolbox.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/VTDecoderXPCService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/VTDecoderXPCService

it's the same issue as ML with Sinetek's / AnV's previous build kernel ( post #1443 )

or even with the vanilla kernel ( http://lmgtfy.com/?q...coderXPCService )

but Andy has already fixed it in his latest kernel ( post #1454 )

Until someone apply the patch to the kernel, I temporarily disable it by running chmod -x:

sudo chmod -x /System/Library/Frameworks/VideoToolbox.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/VTDecoderXPCService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/VTDecoderXPCService

@IiTz ShAnE

Thanks for the kernel :)

It works & runs fast on my pc. :thumbsup_anim:

It'll be really great if you can apply AnV's latest patches to your next kernel (10.7.5 maybe?)

so it'll be able to eliminate any VTDecoderXPCService.xpc issues

and it'll also be able to detect the SSSE3 feature like AnV's ML kernel

anv_19a.gif

• Like 1

You guys running 64-bit Lion having an issue with the Finder window "sticking" the first one I open I cant open and folders, when I do its blank, I have to right click on the folder and click "open containing folder" then the first finder window wont close....odd..

Im also using the 64 bit Finder that comes with the 10.7.5 update.