Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 964 posts

My resetting iocatalogue problem still same with rc10. I can't boot safe mode or normal mode.

you should used latest or old bootloader chameleon !

YaPaY

YaPaY

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:xbox one
Before the this card I was using newest chameleon but after card change I can't boot. Weird thing is in my boot plist there is 1440*900 resolution but now at chameleon screen this command not processing because the Resolution 1024*768 or 800*600 but not 1440*900
Edit: old one was 9800gt

bcobco

bcobco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
hi bronya!
does this kernel has any special boot flags? (such as "-nossse3bit" "-nosse42bit" etc..) if yes, can you list them with a brief description?
thanks in advance

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 964 posts

hi bronya!
does this kernel has any special boot flags? (such as "-nossse3bit" "-nosse42bit" etc..) if yes, can you list them with a brief description?
thanks in advance

No flags ! only arch=i386 or arch=x86_64 !

bcobco

bcobco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
hi again

after an hour of testing, i noticed various issues:

-mdworker does not run very well, seems buggy.
-flash player plugin blob does not work.

i gone back to rc8

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 964 posts

hi again

after an hour of testing, i noticed various issues:

-mdworker does not run very well, seems buggy.
-flash player plugin blob does not work.

i gone back to rc8

Real ? flash player and mdworker ok working ...

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, System building
Hi all,
I have a problem, I have tested a lot of the lion kernels around but I have audio problems, I have a dsdt file that works perfectly in OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and gets me audio through my HDMI port but when I install Lion 10.7.x HDMI works but I get crackling in audio at the beginning then works perfectly in iTunes (almost every song does that), the notifications always crackle, when i play videos in VLC I hear audio for a few seconds then it pauses and then continues playing then pauses again. I have tried voodoohda to play from my back ports but the problem is similar to the HDMI port. I have tried busratio=14 fsb=200 but it did not work. That worked for audio problems I had with sinedp1 kernel in ML dp1 though.

rd8111

rd8111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Real ? flash player and mdworker ok working ...

I have been testing RC 10 for the last hour with large file copies (160 GB) and forcing a spotlight re-index of a 1 TB drive (about half full space wise). The system seems to behave normally. This is on an FX-8350, 16 GB RAM (sig has more details). mdworker seems to sleep and continue as needed, since the copy is from the 1 TB drive to an eSATA drive. Generally speaking, the work is being spread across all eight cores. If you want to see the usage graph of each core, you have to right click on the Activity icon in the Dock, then navigate to Monitors | Show CPU Usage. After four cores in a system, the main Activity Monitor merges the CPU Usage graph into a single chart.

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique
:)

Posted Image

For FX 8xxx , cpus=8 ;)

rd8111

rd8111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

For FX 8xxx , cpus=8 ;)

Tried that. Still do not have the multiple core graph on the main Activity Monitor. The number of processors is always one on the System Profiler.

mac_carol

mac_carol

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Tried that. Still do not have the multiple core graph on the main Activity Monitor. The number of processors is always one on the System Profiler.

On Macs with more than four cores, a single graph showing aggregate usage of all the CPU cores is shown in the main Activity Monitor window, in the CPU History window, and on the Dock icon when configured to show CPU Usage or CPU History.

Posted Image

Products Affected

Activity Monitor under Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac Pro, OS X Lion

source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4180

Posted Image

For FX 8xxx , cpus=8 ;)

of course, coz you're running it under osx ML ;)

happel

happel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
RC10 crashes 1passwordhelper and google contact syncing for me. Besides that, I haven't run into trouble.

mac_carol

mac_carol

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

RC10 crashes 1passwordhelper and google contact syncing for me. Besides that, I haven't run into trouble.

You'd better use the RC8 which is more stable than the RC9 / RC10 ;)

happel

happel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

You'd better use the RC8 which is more stable than the RC9 / RC10 ;)

I'am, but assumed bronzovka would appreciate the feedback B)

With RC8 I only have an issue with h264 in safari, 720p/1080p youtube video's have a green tint/overlay.

gils83

gils83

• Members
  • 1,979 posts

Indeed, it is quite random, the last time I tested the configuration FX 8350/HD 7950, I had the 8 segments of CPU

Posted Image

mac_carol

mac_carol

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
By rolling back my bootloader, from Chameleon-2.2svn-r2189.pkg.zip to Chameleon-2.1-r2069.pkg.zip

I have fixed 2 issues while running the osx Lion 10.7.5 with Bronzovka's RC8 kernel & my ATI HD4650

1. I can boot the osx with arch=i386 without getting any KP due to AppleEFIRuntime.kext

Posted Image

2. I can run the OpenGL Test under Cinebench without getting the known red-pixels issue ( http://www.insanelym...-as-red-pixels/ )

BEFORE (with the latest Chameleon 2.2)

Posted Image

AFTER (with the Chameleon 2.1)

Posted Image

and now I can also play any 3D / OpenGL games, such as NFS Most Wanted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credits to Sinetek, Bronzovka, bcc9, Kabyl, Tamás KOSÁRSZKY and all members of the Chameleon team

and also thanks to YaPaY who confirmed this

happel

happel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

2. I can run the OpenGL Test under Cinebench without getting the known red-pixels issue ( http://www.insanelym...-as-red-pixels/ )

Doesn't seem to work for my Ati 4870, but I also can't boot i386, maybe it's related to that. :S

gils83

gils83

• Members
  • 1,979 posts

By rolling back my bootloader, from Chameleon-2.2svn-r2189.pkg.zip to Chameleon-2.1-r2069.pkg.zip

I have fixed 2 issues while running the osx Lion 10.7.5 with Bronzovka's RC8 kernel & my ATI HD4650

1. I can boot the osx with arch=i386 without getting any KP due to AppleEFIRuntime.kext

Posted Image

BEFORE (with the latest Chameleon 2.2)

Posted Image

AFTER (with the Chameleon 2.1)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credits to Sinetek, Bronzovka, bcc9, Kabyl, Tamás KOSÁRSZKY and all members of the Chameleon team

and also thanks to YaPaY who confirmed this

interressant , il faut je teste ça ce soir sur ma HD 4850 mode x86_64 :)

interresting, should I test it tonight on my HD 4850 x86_64 fashion :)

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 964 posts
Hi !
I back from work !
Sorry, kernel rc9/10 working fine on FX ! On phenoms and old processors not working applications :xcode and etc . i found errors .

puckmarin

puckmarin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
My System:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black
Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard
6GB RAM
Radeon 4890 1GB Graphics card.

I was able to install iATKOS L2 using the following flags:

-legacy UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No -v

iATKOS installed fine and I can boot into the Chameleon bootloader. The problem is that iATKOS won't boot. I don't even get the Apple logo. Just some scrolling text (standard OS X safemode boot text that files by faster than I can read) then the screen goes blank and my system reboots.

I've tried various bootflags. Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy