Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

ham4ever

613 posts in this topic

Download mach_kernel_rc13!

Fix cupid for old processor's .

I add flag "busratio=x" , x - figure.

It is you can write flag busratio !

Please try !

Hi Bronya!

Phenom II X3 710 (Unlock to X4) GPU Nvidia GF 9600 GT

Work but with flags i386 (nvidia still not work with x86_64)

• Like 1

Tried Bronya RC7/8/12/13. RC13 instant reboots and the other ones gives me kp's on efinvram 5~10 mins after the desktop arrives. They all seem to run pretty fast and stable although the efi problem, i'll search for a workaround but i'll be thankful if someone points me the way ;) I've installed 10.7 using Shane's kernel then applied 10.7.5 combo update and switched to Bronya's kernels. mac_carol says that rolling back Chameleon was helpful for these problems but i tried that and ended up with a non-bootable system, Chameleon was getting stucked just after the partition selection menu. Anyway i must thank all the devs and the community for the help and support. Cheers...

• Like 1

As for me, i'm back again using my Lion 10.7.5 partition as the main system on my AMD machine, because i finally manage to set things correctly for my card to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, thus enabling HDMI audio. Since the machine is used mostly as a HTPC, HDMI is simply crucial, and with Mountain Lion it was an easy task to enable it. Now that i have it enabled also for Lion, there's no reason to undergo all those graphical glitches, which in Lion can be easily avoided booting in 32-bit kernel mode, rendering the system in a truly flawless state - with the plus that booting in 32-bit mode, i managed to install an old ATIPATA kext (courtesy of iFire), meaning that now i can access an old Windows PATA disk i have from inside OSX.

For everyone's information, i still use the RC7 version of the kernel.

All the best!

• Like 1

P.S.: one little thing left to solve, both for Lion and Mountain Lion: video decode acceleration. VDADecoderChecker used to report it not working under Mountain Lion, and i used to blame the buggy 64-bit graphics support for it. However, even in 32-bit kernel mode 10.7.5 it's not working, so i need to find out another possible culprit.

All the best!

P.S.: one little thing left to solve, both for Lion and Mountain Lion: video decode acceleration. VDADecoderChecker used to report it not working under Mountain Lion, and i used to blame the buggy 64-bit graphics support for it. However, even in 32-bit kernel mode 10.7.5 it's not working, so i need to find out another possible culprit.

All the best!

Hey Connactic, can i ask you which bootloader and extensions are you using? I cannot get rid of the efiruntime problems, tried disablers and such with no success. What i found interesting is that with latests Chameleon and Anv kernel it was blacklisted in Mountain Lion but in Lion using the same Chameleon and some Bronya kernels it was not, for sake of curiosity i tried Bronya with arch=x86_64 and has no kp with it, but cannot test the system once i have no desktop due to nvidia problems. >_>

• Like 1

Hi, Julio!

Retail installation, Bronzovka RC7 kernel, Chameleon r,2170. EvoReboot.kext, fakesmc.kext, sleepenabler.kext, patched AppleRTC.kext (since i use a custom DSDT), and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Bootflags bronya_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0.

All the best!

• Like 1

Hi, Julio!

Retail installation, Bronzovka RC7 kernel, Chameleon r,2170. EvoReboot.kext, fakesmc.kext, sleepenabler.kext, patched AppleRTC.kext (since i use a custom DSDT), and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Bootflags bronya_kernel arch=i386 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0.

All the best!

Many thanks bro! I'll copy your config and report back. Again, many thanks. I'm curious about the DSDT, i have one that i compiled with some patches but i was not blaming it till now...

PS: interesting that you are using pci=0 and fakesmc i was thinking it was kind of default config and that chameleon had a buil-in fakesmc injection, since i've never needed to use a customized one, will try anyway.

• Like 1

Okay, good luck!

By the way, another upside from Lion: auto sleep works! That's really, really huge: my Intel Ivy Bridge machine, paired with a UEFI gigabyte board, the highest compatible hardware out there for hackintoshes simply cannot do that!

All the best!

• Like 1

With my 10.7.1 installation, I had a kp when it tried to load efiruntime.kext. I just pulled that out of /S/L/E amd just stuck it at the root of the drive so I could find it easily, and rebooted after using kext Wizard to set permissions on things, and got into the setup screens and then on into the desktop after setup. In x86_64 mode.

• Like 1

Perhaps this efiruntime.kext bug is an issue of the newer kernels: i use RC7, the first one to have the built-in ssse3 emulator for Lion (in fact, the second one, since Shane's kernel was the first to incorporate the new patch set, but i mean the first one from Bronzovka) and never had this issue.

I prefer to boot in 32-bit kernel mode, since it supports all 64-bit processes and applications, yet doesn't have the graphics bug so peculiar of OSX running on AMD CPUs in 64-bit kernel mode.

All the best!

Perhaps this efiruntime.kext bug is an issue of the newer kernels: i use RC7, the first one to have the built-in ssse3 emulator for Lion (in fact, the second one, since Shane's kernel was the first to incorporate the new patch set, but i mean the first one from Bronzovka) and never had this issue.

I prefer to boot in 32-bit kernel mode, since it supports all 64-bit processes and applications, yet doesn't have the graphics bug so peculiar of OSX running on AMD CPUs in 64-bit kernel mode.

All the best!

I'm guessing that the cause is not kernel specific since i've tested the RC7/8/12 and all of them had the same results. I think it is something to do with Chameleon version or DSDTs... By the way i can't find the version you're using its not listed on Chameleon Wizard and i cannot find an installer around the web. :mellow: i'll try some others from Chameleon Wizard for now...

PS: since efinvram is part of the efiruntime kext, i think that the latest chameleon versions treat it in a way lion on 32bit mode cannot handle but mountain lion and 64bits mode lion can, i know that the imessage fix evolve nvram and don't have sure but i think it was incorporated in the latest chameleon versions only.

Yes, it was - check your /Extra folder and delete the nvram module, if you have it (and all modules for that matter) and try to boot in 32-bit mode.

All the best!

I was really thinking it was the inverse so i leaved the filenvram module there trying to fix this lol this will be my last try for today, since here in brazil is 1:54 am and i need some sleep. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Acording to Chameleon Wizard I am using revision 2190. However I am using an ATI video card and you have an nVidia card. Not sure how that effects things, but hey. Try yanking efiruntime.kext outa there and see what happens.

Acording to Chameleon Wizard I am using revision 2190. However I am using an ATI video card and you have an nVidia card. Not sure how that effects things, but hey. Try yanking efiruntime.kext outa there and see what happens.

I've already tried that, but in 32bits mode the Darwin stuck at random parts, in 64bits didn't have a kp during boot but no way to test if its working since i dont have any graphic mode. Anyway thanks for your suggestion bro.

Disable filenvram module was not helpful, kp still occurs at boot, i think i've already tried this method but forgot somehow.

Downgrading Chameleon was helpful during boot, no kp at all but this earlier versions doesn't play well with my card, got black screen with ge=n and widowserver crashing on login screen with ge=y. Tried 2168/2171 first ones listed on Chameleon Wizard.

Will try some more changes later, turning off for now. Thank you guys!

Cheers

About EFIRuntime KP's.:

Please try first to downgrade our Chameleon to r2069. If you doesn't get any KP related this kext you should use only this version.

• Like 2

seems that those kernel isues points to 64 bits, while in 32 bits they not happen:

-graphics glitches

-audio glitches (beware your monitors!)

-program crashes

also, some issues with opcode (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

nowadays, noticing that amd kernels are "beta", this is the best amd hackintosh i got.

im sure that those issues can be fixed!

About EFIRuntime KP's.:

Please try first to downgrade our Chameleon to r2069. If you doesn't get any KP related this kext you should use only this version.

Many thanks man, this solved the efiruntime problems on the first try. I'll update my entry on working builds as soon as i clean up this mess and start it from a retail instalation also need to activate audio. Many thanks for all of you guys. :D

• Like 1

Many thanks man, this solved the efiruntime problems on the first try. I'll update my entry on working builds as soon as i clean up this mess and start it from a retail instalation also need to activate audio. Many thanks for all of you guys. :D

You are welcome :)

If you want to use latest cheamelon instead of old r2069 you can try it following:

1. Install Chimera 2.1 on same partition with cm.

2. Reboot, if you don't get KP please go to step 3 otherwise you should install again cm r2069

3.Launch Cm Wizard and install latest SVN Build through CM Wizard and restart.

If you get KP sorry ıt doesn't work you should back to r2069 but on me It worked. It's a bit strange I know but it's very easy to try. I wish luck :)

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Edited by YaPaY
  • Like 2

Just to report I'm using Bronya's 10.7.5 kernel thats posted in the patched kernels page of the wiki with the setup in my signature in x86_64 with no problems. Graphics works 100%. HDMI audio works with voodoohda. System is fast and reliable and is now my main OS. Installed with myHack, latest chameleon and no DSDT.

Just to report I'm using Bronya's 10.7.5 kernel thats posted in the patched kernels page of the wiki with the setup in my signature in x86_64 with no problems. Graphics works 100%. HDMI audio works with voodoohda. System is fast and reliable and is now my main OS. Installed with myHack, latest chameleon and no DSDT.

Same Graphics card, too. on me except sound everything works with x86_64 %100 with Bronya's RC12 kernel.

I'm trying to fix sound problem but when I install AppleHDA I can't get sound, VoodooHDA works but front panels and mic doesn't work. My sound system works on SPDIF, but VoodooHDA works only Passthrough, so when I move any window/ minimize or maximize sound stuttering for 1-2 seconds.

What is your busratio set to?

If I don't set mine to 15 (my cpu speed is 3008 mhz, divide that by 2 to get 1504 and knock off the last two numbers to get 15), or 20 at the most, it will default to 7.5 and I get some sound glitches. Above 23 or 25 and I get sound glitches. The busratio effects the builting sound. Not sure on the HDMI from the video card, because I am not using it, although it is operational.

Also I discovered if I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in my boot arguments I lose one monitor (I use two, and can use three) and the monitor resolution drops by two levels from 1366x768 to 1280x1024 or so. If I don't use GE, I get my two monitors back with access to a third if I want it.

Plus I have just updated this to 10.7.2 without changing ANY thing else and it booted up fine.

Kernel is the BronzovkaAnVoodoo_Sinetek###:xnu-1699.32.7 one (same exact kernel I used for 10.7.1) and my bot args are -v cpus=2 busratio=15 arch=x86_64 PCIRootUID=0 UseKernelCache=No.

I am going to try it with UseKernelCache=Yes at least one time and see what happens.