135 replies to this topic

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh

Delta, are you sure it has to be 64-bit kernel space instead of 64-bit user land?

Hmm, i'll try to install Adobe CS6 on my AMD hackint0sh later today... let's know for sure. :)

I think it is. However, my AMD with Sinetek can't run Photoshop CS6. Splash screen and closes... But I think it doesn't open on 64-bit userland... Not sure.

wastez

wastez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
itunes and iphoto is just able to start with the unpatched quicktime components but then the old issues appear. (crash on iphoto import)

If i patch the components this error appear on start:

Process:         iPhoto [446]
Path:            /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
Identifier:      com.apple.iPhoto
Version:         9.2.3 (9.2.3)
Build Info:      iPhotoProject-629052000000000~1
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [190]

Date/Time:       2012-12-29 15:18:25.592 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          27626539 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           1164
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  425049 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   100
Anonymous UUID:                      477FA078-659C-476A-96AA-A270AC4DA248

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: 0x000000000000000d, 0x00000000000007da
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   ...ickTimeComponents.component 0x075f9e71 __get_cpu_indicator + 37
1   ???                            0000000000 0 + 0
2   ...ickTimeComponents.component 0x075e873c floor + 56
3   dyld                           0x8fe0ed69 ImageLoaderMachO::doModInitFunctions(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 235
4   dyld                           0x8fe0d31a ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int) + 246
5   dyld                           0x8fe0d3cd ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 61
6   dyld                           0x8fe0200b dyld::runInitializers(ImageLoader*) + 34
7   dyld                           0x8fe0b297 dlopen + 558
8   libSystem.B.dylib              0x98bb02a8 dlopen + 66
9   com.apple.CoreFoundation       0x97f6610a _CFBundleDlfcnLoadFramework + 218

Of course i´m using the newest amd_insn.patcher.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
I'll just leave a link to my tutorial here, maybe someone finds it useful:

http://www.insanelym...8/#entry1875727

And little "AMD Development" advertising on the end... ;)

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hi all!

I know one thing that's been missing from our testing is a legacy 64-bit Intel CPU, so I proudly introduce a 3.4 GHz Intel Pentium D!

With Sinetek's sinetek_pp, the system reboots instantly.

With Sinetek's Sinetek_64, it hangs on a black screen.

With Nawcom's legendary kernel it does, of course, boot straight to the desktop in full 64-bit kernel and user-land.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,903 posts

With Nawcom's legendary kernel it does, of course, boot straight to the desktop in full 64-bit kernel and user-land.

Are you sure it's a x86_64 kernel? Or i386 with -force64?

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Nawcom's legacy_kernel is only 64-bit userland.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I cannot be more sure than Kernel is LP64. The only kernel flag I used was -v. In System Profiler it shows "64-bit Kernel and Extentions: Yes."

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 342 posts
I wanna start testing again,

Currently I have the Nawcom Legacy kernel (which I have to use cpus=1 cause I have a sucky TSC sync problem! and VoodooTSCSyncAMD breaks the system!)

System Spec:
ECS A785GM-AD3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
AMD Radeon HD6570
DDR3 8GB

With the Sinetek Kernel I get a KP, booting with arch=i386 maxmem=4096 cpus=1 works on the nawcom kernel.
Sinetek booting with mach_kernel arch=x86_64 maxmem=4096 cpus=1 -v enters this infiniant loop of a KP and booting without cpus=1 gives me a warning that it is out of sync, will post a screenshot of both now.

"http://imageshack.us.../photo1au.jpg/" - TSC Sync
"http://imageshack.us.../photoheu.jpg/" - KP

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I cannot be more sure than Kernel is LP64. The only kernel flag I used was -v. In System Profiler it shows "64-bit Kernel and Extentions: Yes."

Are you sure that is Nawcom's kernel? I've always thought it can only boot i386 -force64.
That's why it was so "amazing" step when Sinetek got x86_64 SL booting on AMD.

Sinetek's kernel is the first kernel that has booted x86_64 successfully on multiple machines, I recommend double checking the kernel.

Currently I have the Nawcom Legacy kernel (which I have to use cpus=1 cause I have a sucky TSC sync problem! and VoodooTSCSyncAMD breaks the system!)

System Spec:
ECS A785GM-AD3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
AMD Radeon HD6570
DDR3 8GB

With the Sinetek Kernel I get a KP, booting with arch=i386 maxmem=4096 cpus=1 works on the nawcom kernel.
Sinetek booting with mach_kernel arch=x86_64 maxmem=4096 cpus=1 -v enters this infiniant loop of a KP and booting without cpus=1 gives me a warning that it is out of sync, will post a screenshot of both now.

Sinetek's kernel doesn't support arch=i386. Use x86_64 and specify the correct busratio with "busratio=xx", and replace xx with your busratio.
If your processor is running stock / 2.8Ghz, it should be 14.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Yes, I am absolutely sure.

wastez

wastez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

System Spec:
ECS A785GM-AD3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
AMD Radeon HD6570
DDR3 8GB

As Deltac0 allready said, the new kernel is just 64 bit, so please use arch=x86_64

Cause of the cpus=1 problem. Did you allready edit your dsdt? You need to remove the alias entry´s in the cpu section. ;)

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 342 posts

Are you sure that is Nawcom's kernel? I've always thought it can only boot i386 -force64.
That's why it was so "amazing" step when Sinetek got x86_64 SL booting on AMD.

Sinetek's kernel is the first kernel that has booted x86_64 successfully on multiple machines, I recommend double checking the kernel.

Sinetek's kernel doesn't support arch=i386. Use x86_64 and specify the correct busratio with "busratio=xx", and replace xx with your busratio.
If your processor is running stock / 2.8Ghz, it should be 14.

Hi thanks for your help, I am using the kernel flag arch=x86_64, tried busratio=14 & 17. but that brought up the same KP as for the above conversation nawcom only boots with i386, download kext utility and in KernelMode: it should say i386 if you are using the nawcom kernel

As Deltac0 allready said, the new kernel is just 64 bit, so please use arch=x86_64

Cause of the cpus=1 problem. Did you allready edit your dsdt? You need to remove the alias entry´s in the cpu section. ;)

DSDT edit's I am HOPELESS AT! :(

Ok so installed the TSCsync from iATKOS ML2 (found in the packages and installed it into snow) works on the nawcom kernel when i try boot the Sinetek kernel it starts going out of sync again but got a flash of a messed up graphic screen before it rebooted.

Hey here is a screenshot of my Kext Utility

Posted Image

happel

happel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Yes, I am absolutely sure.

Can you upload that kernel somewhere?

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
uname -a while running that kernel on the Pentium D:
Darwin catlover2s-Mac-Pro.local 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Sun Feb 13 14:27:14 EST 2011; legacy kernel v4 :xnu-1504.7.4/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Attached Files

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 342 posts
OK, totally my fault! Did not patch the dyld. Sinetek you legend! Now for Mountain Lion

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey guys is there a version out that supports the FX (Bulldozer/PileDriver) range of cpus yet?

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Single Carburetor GoldWings
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...
I am running Sinetek's sinetek_pp kernel on my setup.
sinetek_pp -v -f busratio=15 arch=x86_64 for kernel flags.
Can't run some programs, just flashscreen then quit. ITunes is one of them. And Safari quits also.
amd_insn_patcher doesn't work for me for some reason (under legacy_kernel_V8 -v cpus=1 busratio=15 arch=i386 -force64 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1)

so I am open to suggestions at this point Simple ones, I tend to confuse easy sometimes.

does the quicktime.component have platform issues or is it universal. Meaning would one of yours work on my setup?

kyh3im

kyh3im

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello, I have some problem with sinetec_pp 10.6.8 amd kernel. After then my system booted, my mouse and keyboard don't make any affect on desktop (desktop is not freezed, i can see how my dropbox syncs ).
Arguments like -x didn't help
I had patched dydl like it says here bud had errors
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib pat/libSystem.B_profile.dylib
Patching universal binary (3 architectures)
Patching X86_64 part (processor 16777223, architecture 0)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (1): 0 instructions patched, 437 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Patching I386 part (processor 7, architecture 1)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (2): 0 instructions patched, 33 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Skipping non-Intel architecture (2)
No patches found, not generating output file

now i have only 2 files without errors (dyld and libSystem.B_profile.dylib). I did it by using amd_insn_patcher V1.03

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Single Carburetor GoldWings
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...
Sinetek, I hope you don't mind, I posted both the first and _pp kernels you developed over at http://www.osx86.net/ in the /downloads/kernels section so more people can enjoy the wonderfulness of 64bit on AMD.

And thank you very much for these. Very much appreciated!

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,245 posts
great job MR Sinetek Iam build AMD usb installer 10.7 lion with your kernel and Iam comes from montreal to :thumbsup_anim:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy