• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
I downloaded adsdt.dsl for my asus N53s and I need to use it. I'm assuming I need to convert it to a .aml to be able to place it in my extra folder to use it. How can I convert it. I've googled it, but it either doesn't even tell you how, or it tells you to use dsdtse (can't even download it...).

How can I convert .dsl to .aml?

Also, I need to us the chameleon bootloader on my external HDD in order to boot into 10.8.2. Should I put the dsdt.aml in the extra folder on my external HDD, or 10.8.2 disk?

Thanks.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,995 posts
Just change the extension...

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Is that literally how? What's the point of making a .dsl if it's just the same as .aml?

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,995 posts

Is that literally how? What's the point of making a .dsl if it's just the same as .aml?

Yes, lol. The extensions both have there prepossess.

xdanisx

xdanisx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Oh. Tyvm.

babylonx

babylonx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Changing the extension is not the answer. The dsl file is the source code. To turn it into aml you have to compile it. Open it with a DSDT editor, compile it and save the aml file.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,429 posts
About just rename the extension: One option is from *.bin to *.aml file (for example a dsdt extracted from AIDA64), also *.dat to *.aml works. And another example is *.txt to *.dsl (for edition, fixes, patches, etc), then compile it to *.aml, as babylonx said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy