I know I'm late to the party, but I want to thank everyone for all their work in keeping AMD on OS X alive. Without all that effort, I would still be running SL on nawcom's legacy kernel.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 960T
Motherboard: ASUS M5A88-V EVO
- LAN Realtek 8111E: See below
- Audio codec non-standard ALC 892: Does NOT work using AppleHDA, Sort of working using VoodooHDA 2.8.4 installed to S/L/E
- Graphics on-board ATI Radeon HD 4250: Not working, neither QE/CI nor resolution
- ASMedia USB3: Flaky, but works well for the most part
- PS2: Works well using VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed to S/L/E
Boot loader: Chameleon 2.2svn r2377
Boot flags: npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 fsb=200 busratio=15 (Actually, the only flag that is required is npci=0x3000. It will boot and run without the other ones. Anyone else using these boot flags should adjust the fsb and busratio values to match their own CPU.)
XFX Radeon HD 5450: Running QE/CI with GraphicsEnabler=N on both 10.9.4 (patched kexts installed to S/L/E) and 10.8.4 (patch clean copies of AMDRadeonAccelerator & ATI5000Controller extracted using Pacifist from 10.8.4 Combo Update and place in S/L/E + ATI5000Injector.kext in E/E)
Mavericks: Running 10.9.4 on kernel 13.3
- Installer: Created USB installer with Pandora's Box, manually patched with MBR patch, replaced kernel with deekay 13.3, added VoodooPS2Controller to S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist to /Extra
Mountain Lion: Running 10.8.4 on kernel 12.5 (Originally was running 12.2, but 5450 had graphics corruption that went away with new kernel)
- Installer: Created USB installer with Pandora's Box, manual MBR patch not necessary, replaced kernel with bronya 12.5, added VoodooPS2Controller to S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist to /Extra
With both Mav and ML, a lot of times the Installer will encounter an error during the install. I just erased the partition and re-ran the Installer again until it was successful. Oh, and don't forget to either delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or to add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to S/L/E as necessary to get rid of the kernel panic.
One more note: For some unknown reason on ML, I was having trouble installing Flash Player using the standard installer. The installer would launch and ask for a password, but then I would get a blank window with no way to proceed. I was able to get around this by downloading the "offline" installer from the following link: http://download.macr..._player_osx.dmg
Another update: I'm now using Mieze's kext (version 1.1.2) instead. I'm currently booting with npci=0x3000, even though her instructions say not to. Otherwise, I followed her installation instructions exactly. I will test if I can now boot w/o that bootflag later.
Update: Booting w/o npci=0x3000 causes the boot process to hang at the grey screen of death (just before loginwindow launches). So it looks like I'm stuck with it for now.
Yosemite update: Bronya is amazing. Installed Yosemite (10.10) to a separate partition using kernel rc2 (version 1), and it works ... sort of. Built the installer USB according to rockinron_1's tutorial in the Genius Bar, manually patched for MBR (Google to find the patch, ignore the tutorial's instructions because the paths have changed), installed Chameleon bootloader v2391, added "kext-dev-mode=1" and "-f" boot flags, added kext for PS2 keyboard, patched AMD5000Controller.kext to add Device ID, and it installs and runs.
There are massive problems with the graphics, and a lot of the apps don't work properly (tested Safari, iTunes, Maps). But I'm impressed that it actually runs.