[AMD] Working Builds!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,797 posts
Only AMD builds. Only tested working builds. Post your successful OSX instalation, listing CPU, Motherboard (detailing what works and doesn't), OSX version, boot loader brand and revision, with the boot flags if possible, graphics, sound and any other information you can or want to share with your fellow AMD users.

I'll be the first:

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 GHZ;

ECS EliteGroup A780 LM-MB:
- Audio codec VIA 1705 (working with Voodoo HDA)
- LAN RTL 8111E (not working)
- On-board video ATI HD3100 (not working, neither QE/CI nor resolution)
- 6 USB ports, 4 rear, two front, USB 2.0, all working
- PS2 working but unstable with VoodooPS2;

GeForce G210 VGA/DVI/HDMI - QE/CI with all outs in both Snow Leopard and Lion with GraphicsEnabler=Y, HDMI audio with VoodooHDA;

Network card (PCI-e): RTL 8168, worked out of the box;

Bluetooth USB dongle: Cambridge Silicon Radio Firmware v. 3164, bluetooth 2.4.5f3;

8 GB RAM;

3 HDs: 1x500GB (250 for each OS), 1x40GB (IDE, for Windows, not seen on OSX), 1x500GB (time machine);

Snow Leopard 10.6.8, 32-bit kernel from AnV (http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=1675) with 64-bit user land: take a little while to boot, but shuts down and restart in less than 3 seconds. For using more than 4GB of RAM, i had to use this method: [GUIDE] Use more than 4gb RAM on AMD with 32 and 64 bit apps ..., bootflags: legacy_kernel arch=i386 -force64, GraphicsEnabler=Y, npci=0x2000;

Lion 10.7.5. 32-bit kernel (connactic.zip) in pure 32-bit mode (-legacy): had to swap the stock finder with this one: Finder from Lion DP 2 - Downloads - OSx86.net), iCloud with this method: iCloud for AMD hackintoshes: a workaround. - OSx86 10.7 (Lion ... and solved the core apps crashing using jeaton's method:

1) Wait for xpchelper to crash
2) Open terminal and type these in:
"sudo su"
"cd /private/var/folders"
"find /private/var/folders/ -type f | grep -i com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
3) cd to the first one that shows up on the list (it will be in a separate folder from the other xpchelper caches)
"rm -r com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
"pico com.apple.xpchelper.cache" ---> hit ctrl+o to save and ctrl+x to exit
"chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
4) Reboot and you're done!

Bootflags: connactic arch=i386 -legacy, GraphicsEnabler=Y, npci=0x2000;

Chameleon bootloader 2.2, installed with this package (no modules selected): Chameleon 2.2svn r2117 - Downloads - OSx86.net

Least but not last: Geekbench 64bit: 4450! (screenshot in the zip file: Attached File  Screen shot 2012-12-19 at 7.18.55 AM.png.zip   196.17KB   128 downloads)

Post yours!

Lacedaemon

Lacedaemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Android, Linux, Servers, Jailbreaking
Here's mine, it's an Acer Aspire X3400-U4032:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz
RAM: 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (2x 1 GB, 2x 2 GB)
Hard Drive: WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 1 TB
Graphics: ASUS EAH5450 SILENT 512MB, full QE/CI with this, only VGA and DVI tested; Onboard NVIDIA GeForce 9200 no QE/CI
Network: Ralink RT3090; Using self-built X86 Wifi; Ethernet not tested.

Audio: Using AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, back audio-out port working.
PS/2: Not tested.
Optical drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH60N working
I/O Ports: 3/4 Back USB working, 2/5 front USB working. Tested front headphone jack, not working.

Now on to my OS X configuration:

Snow Leopard: Successfully installed with the following guide: http://philtesone.com/hackintosh/; 64-bit Snow Leopard success, although no sound.

Lion: Successfully installed using this guide: http://www.insanelym...erimental-only/ then updated to 10.7.5 using the method theconnactic mentioned.

Mountain Lion: Successfully installed with iATKOS_ML2 and AnV's latest amd_kernel! Retail installer crashes:

Spoiler

For complete installation and mods, check out my guide here: http://acert0sh.weebly.com

Who's next? :afro:

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Who's next? :afro:

Me me me!

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 640 3.0 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
SB/NB: AMD 880G/AMD SB710
RAM: 12GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (2x2GB, 2x4GB)
SATA: Any device attached to the onboard SATA or eSATA (AHCI set in BIOS, of course) port works just fine.
IDE: Not detected. Google's not being helpful, and I'm being lead to believe that perhaps there is no OS X driver for AMD IDE controllers.
USB 2.0: All four rear ports plus the three internal headers work perfectly.
USB 3.0: I don't have any USB 3 devices, so I have no idea. USB 2 devices plugged in work fine.
Firewire: Quickly tested it. The HDD shows up in Disk Utility, so I say it works.
GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB (Works perfectly in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.5.)
LAN: Realtek RTL8168B PCI-Express (onboard) (Works with Lnx2Mac's RTL8XXX driver.)
Sound: Intel HDA (Azalia) (I'm sure this would work fine if only I could figure out DSDT patching... Using AppleAzaliaAudio.kext for now.)
PS2: I am now typing this on an old PS2 HP keyboard with VoodooPS2Controller.kext, so I guess it works.

Bootloader: Chameleon v2.1svn ErmaC (Trunk) r1926

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Spoiler

lspci -vv

Spoiler

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Installed using Nawcom's ModCD, installed his 10.8.0 legacy kernel, installed 10.6.8 Combo Update, applied this patch, rebooted, enjoyed the awsomeness!

<key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>arch=i386 -force64 busratio=14</string>

Mac OS X 10.7.5

IiTz ShAnE has built a 64-bit lion kernel that needs -nossse3bit. 32-bit apps don't work at the moment. I haven't tried this wit a myHack installer, so I don't know if you can install on an AMD machine. That kernel boots a myHack installer perfectly.

I did EXACTLY what The Connactic said above (except the iCloud fix):

Lion 10.7.5. 32-bit kernel (connactic.zip) in pure 32-bit mode (-legacy): had to swap the stock finder with this one: Finder from Lion DP 2 - Downloads - OSx86.net), iCloud with this method: iCloud for AMD hackintoshes: a workaround. - OSx86 10.7 (Lion ... and solved the core apps crashing using jeaton's method:

1) Wait for xpchelper to crash
2) Open terminal and type these in:
"sudo su"
"cd /private/var/folders"
"find /private/var/folders/ -type f | grep -i com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
3) cd to the first one that shows up on the list (it will be in a separate folder from the other xpchelper caches)
"rm -r com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
"pico com.apple.xpchelper.cache" ---> hit ctrl+o to save and ctrl+x to exit
"chflags uchg com.apple.xpchelper.cache"
4) Reboot and you're done!

I installed Lion with a USB MyHack installer with my Intel hackintosh and then moved the HDD to my AMD rig after installing the kernel, 32-bit Finder, etc... The only reason I didn't keep it around was the fact that I couldn't get my GPU to work with Lion.

OS X 10.8.2

AnV's amd_kernel with a myHack installer works just fine. All 32 and 64-bit apps working.

Also have a look at my 10.6.8 wiki entry: http://wiki.osx86pro...HCL_10.6.8#Asus

Next??

Attached Files

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
SB/NB: SB:710 & NB:785G
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
SATA: Tested with 2 HDDs, 80GB and 1Tb, both worked. DVD drive worked too, also burning.
IDE: No idea.
USB 2.0: All ports work.
USB 3.0: I don't have any ports or devices.
Firewire: Sometimes stucks the booting process, when disabled -> boots always
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5870, works OOB, GraphicsEnabler. QE/CI
LAN: Realtek RTL8112L onboard / Realtek RTL8169 (Lnx2Mac)
Sound: VIA VT1708S -> no support, but modified VoodooHDA works sometimes.
PS2: Not tested, and I fried my keyboard port by plugging a faulty keyboard in.

Bootloader: Chameleon 2.1 R2069

Lion: Works in 32-bit, some fixes were needed (IOPCIFamily.kext etc. basic stuff)
Snow Leopard: Booted installer only from myHack USB and then installed correctly. Tried with ModCD & various distros, got instant KP. After install everything worked correctly with appropriate kexts.

Will probably post my other system later, you can always see the specs from my signature below.

wastez

wastez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
CPU: AMD Phenom II 945 4x 3.0 GHz
Motherboard: MSI K9AG Neo2-Digital
Chipset: AMD 690G + SB600
RAM: 8GB 800MHz
SATA: 1x Corsair SSD Force 3 120GB + 4x Samsung F3 1TB + DVD RW Drive (detected as Superdrive with DeviceMergeNub.kext ); additional 2 Port SATA Controller (of course AHCI Mode)
USB : All detected as integrated (enabled with patched IOUSBFamily; OHCI on AMD Systems isn´t possible to inject via dsdt)
GPU: MSI ATI R5770 OC (injected via dsdt)
LAN: Realtek RTL 8168B (lnx2mac kext and injected "builtin" with dsdt)
Sound: Realtek ALC888 (VoodooHDA) + HDMI from Graphicscard (injected with dsdt) + GR Session i/O
Belkin Bluetooth USB Dongle Broadcom Chipset (BroadcomAppleBluetooth.kext patched from AnV; working after sleepmode; able to prevent sleep with keyboard)

Bootloader: Newest Chameleon

Snow Leopard: Retail install; 32 bit Kernel in 64 Bit Userland; AnVs Legacy Kernel 10.8.0 V2
Got my SnowLeopard fully working in 64 bit Kernelmode.

Lion: Cloned Partition from a install; 32 Bit Kernel in 32 Bit Userland, RAW´s last Kernel, solved XPCHelper issue as discriped above.
64 Bit Kernel is working great. (Got it from Lion Thread, litzashane compiled it)

ML: Still testing

Injected as much as possible via dsdt.

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Update: See below

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 215 @ 2.71GHz
Motherboard: Pegatron M2N68-LA
Chipset:NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ( NForceATA )
RAM: 6GB 800MHz
HDD: 1x 2TB Seagate 1x 640GB WDC
USB : 2.0 All working from and rear with USBLegacyOff=Yes
GPU: Sapphire HD 5450 1GB (0x68E11002)
LAN: Realtek RTL8201N ( NForceLAN )
Sound: Realtek ALC662 ( VoodooHDA )
Sleep: Not Working in Mavericks. Works in Lion

Installation Method: Pandora's Box USB

Lion 10.7.5 with Bronya's 10.7.5 kernel in x86_64 ( No Problems )

Mavericks 10.9 with Andy's RC5 Kernel ( Working with minimal problems.

Windows 7 SP1 x64

pauℓzurrr.

pauℓzurrr.

Paul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
Dell Inspiron 531

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 5000+
Motherboard: M2N61-AX OEM
Chipset: nForce 430i (AppleNForceATA AnV)
Ram: 4GB 667MHz
HDD: 2 x 500GB WDC WD5000AAKS
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB (GraphicsEnabler)
USB: 2.0 All working OOTB
Audio: Realtek ALC888 (VoodooHDA)
Ethernet: Nvidia MCP61 Ethernet (NForceLAN)

Running 10.6.8 as Plex Media Center/Download Server. 10.8.0 legacy nawcom kernel, 64-bit userland.
Connected to Acer H5360 3D 720p Projector
CouchPotato for Movies
Sickbeard for TV Shows
Headphones for Music
SABnzbd for Downloads

lspci -nn
Spoiler

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,797 posts
When we have enough successful builds posted here, i'll update the first post with a compatibility chart for AMD systems. Keep posting!

Thank you!

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

When we have enough successful builds posted here, i'll update the first post with a compatibility chart for AMD systems. Keep posting!

Thank you!

Mm'kay, I'll post my 2nd system too:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
Motherboard: Asus K8V-VM SE
GPU: It was NVidia GeForce 6600 256MB with graphicsenabler, now ATI Radeon HD4670, works OOB
RAM: 1.5GB DDR
HDD: 4x80GB IDE
Audio: Realtek ALC660
LAN: Realtek RTL8201CL
Sound: All ports working
PS2: Mouse and keyboard working

Snow Leopard installed with myHack retail usb 10.6.0 and updated to 10.6.8.
Works with Nawcom legacy kernel and Anv kernel, no visible difference between kernels.

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 212 posts
AMD 955 Phenom Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-MA-770 UD3
ATI 5770 Batmobile

all injected via DSDT
cparmAnVs Bootloader

:wink2:

TutorialLink ->Signature

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T working fine
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Chipset: North Bridge: AMD 990FX / South Bridge: AMD SB950
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 TI 3072 MB working fine with QE/CI
RAM: 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1600 C9
HDD: Segate 2TB, WD 320GB, WD 500GB and other, 2 external 100GB + 320GB USB-IDE for Testing OSX
Audio: Realtek ALC889 is not working Sound is working with --->Digidesign Mbox 2 USB  MBox 2 driver etc... and VoodooHDA 2.8.4 from Slice (08.06.2013) Edi: 25.12.2013 working fine
LAN: Realtek RTL8111E (10/100/1000 Mbit) working fine
PS2: Mouse and keyboard working fine
USB: working fine
DSDT: all injected via DSDT
Bootloader: Chameleon-2.2svn-r2232.pkg with cparm-AnVs modules

.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    .

.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    .

These data are intended only as illustrative material Respectively than help, tailored to my system. That can not be according to all systems so.

if you should install data, then they do before start of their hackintosh repair the permissions with Kext Wizard or Kext Utility!

what is there to report:

installation on 10.9 mavericks was a difficult hurdle I had to take very many failures. Unfortunately, I was sometimes too focused on other things. and have not paid to observance in the kernel panics important information. a Defective RAM made ​​me very to create, Well mavericks is now installed.

Procedure:
There are two methods that may lead to success.
Either you have an original Mac OSX or via Windows, both variants for manufacturing of USB sticks or external SATA HDD are possible.
Who does not have a Mac OSX, should look into his circle of acquaintances.
Via Windows :
here is a good tutorials to create an USB stick from Windows for people who do not have OSX. http://www.insanelym...y/#entry1918563 all thanks goes to Ratul and neelakantanr

to create USB-Stick / external SATA HDD via Mac OSX or hackintosh, see various video tutorials here  http://www.insanelym...elp-other-user/  the best methods are via Disk Utility or with the current version Myhack

I upload the same from my /System/Library/Extensions folder (once Extensions from Mavericks 10.9 and the other Extensions from Mavericks 10.9.2)

then my extra folder as well as my root data

what you should note is her:

this file 10de_1244.rom based on my graphics card -> GTX 550 TI because you have to create your own !
An appropriate DSDT.aml for my system!  you have to create your own!
Add to lean on my Chameleon.boot.plist you thought about your can adjust the boot flags that are suitable for your system! Furthermore, an EFI string for your graphics card provided it is not immediately recognized.

Furthermore, I have gained with the Extra/modules/ I have good experiences copied to the folder .
as next I have an SMBIOS for iMac14, 2  , I have adapted my AGPM in System/Library/Extensions and correspondingly the video drivers for Nvidia in the Extensions folder.

PS:

Ubdate Mavericks 10.9 to  Mavericks 10.9.2 ( easy way to Update)

start Mavericks update only with mavericksseedconfigurationutility.pkg, then you can make the modification in S / L / E

rename amd kernel on root and modify chameleon.boot.plist since the update overwrites the mach_kernel, after by starting with mavericksseedconfigurationutility the download of the OSXUpdCombo10.9.2.pkg, install with the installation program by double click, then replace these files:

copy --->> System.kext, AppleMatch.kext, Sandbox.kext from 10.9 to System/Library/Extensions then repair permissions and then restart your System

24.11.2013:

Mavericks 10.9 is running now with last kernel from Andy and from Bronzovka

until I am very satisfied with the current result and I will once I have time again to make further adjustments and write down the details here.
Here again a big thanks to: Sinetek, Andy and Bronzovka and Gils and all involved!!

http://www.insanelym...88#entry1971236

Mountain LION 10.8.2 is running with last amd_kernel from Andy

Snow Leopard 10.6.6 (here, Post 13) with nawcom Mod CD after installation to patch the binaries with akimoa' tutorials than update to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 via comboupdate

Edit:

Kernel + Kexts for Mountain Lion 10.8.2:

Edit: Install Test 26/27.04.2013

here is my current installation for Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on GA990FXA-UD3 with Nvidia GTX 550 TI 3GB
The system runs very well, so far I only had a problem with the installation of CS6 with kernel panic, CS6 problem was Fixed issue starts, the graphics card is fully recognized,

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: last Test with working QE/CI -->31.03.2013

HOW-TO

BIOS settings note!
AHCI enabled
Boot-order should note that if their NTFs-HDD and HFS+-HDDs used (first the HFS +-HDD than the NTFs-HDD, also make sure that their HDD connects to the right connector, first HFS +-HDD than NTFS-HDD.
If you have an IDE- HDD then of course you enable IDE in the BIOS, if you use SATA HDD then enable SATA.

1. as the very first thing you formatted the HDD with GUID / Mac OS X Extended ( journaled) !!! Not Mac OS (Case-sensitive), and Mac OS (Case-sensitive, Journaled) otherwise there may be problems with Adobe programs !!!!!

2. then takes an executable Hackintosh or a real Mac and open the Disk Utility which *ml2.dmg

Guys! I have purchased an official Mountain Lion 10.8.2 version from Applestore !!!, unfortunately, I had limited success with the installation.

3. I have installed *ml2.dmg on my Intel-based Hackintosh with Leopard 10.5 (Yes, this is possible with *ml2.dmg!  selects all the drivers for your AMD Hackintosh and let's start the installation!

in my case, I selected the following settings:

Bootloader Options:
-> GraphicsEnabler -> yes
-> kernel Cache -> yes
-> Built-in Ethernet -> yes
-> PCI-Root-1 -> yes
-> USB-Fix -> yes

Graphics Mode:
-> in my case -> 1600x1200x32

Patches:
-> FakeSMC -> yes
-> Disabler -> yes
-> EvOreboot -> yes
-> RTC -> yes
-> SleepEnabler -> yes

Mac Model:
in my case -> imac12,1 ( was then manually modified in imac13, 2 )

Drivers:
->SATA/IDE -> in my case all yes
->SOUND->yes
->USB3,0 -> none
->Hardware Sensors -> in my case all yes
->PS/2 -> yes
->Laptop-> none

VGA:
->Nvidia 10,8.2 drivers ->yes
->OpenCL RAM 2 GB+patch ->yes
->C92 core HDMI->yes
->Network->yes

I hope it will help you further :king:

activate QE/CI in Terminal

first, many thanks to Wayang-NT (Tonyxxxxx)

there's an easiest way to know is QE/CI enabled or no ... do with Terminal .... check it out ....

1. Open Terminal and type

sudo -s
fill password
then type:

defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor

2. If you have QE/CI enabled, there will be like this:

{ tileHeight = 256; tileWidth = 256; }

but if don't maybe QE/CI not yet enabled

3. Do this to enabling QE/CI

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor -dict tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256

4. Restart machine and do some tests to check QE/CI

enjoy it ....

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by spakk, 29 March 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Mm'kay, I'll post my 2nd system too:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
Motherboard: Asus K8V-VM SE
GPU: It was NVidia GeForce 6600 256MB with graphicsenabler, now ATI Radeon HD4670, works OOB
RAM: 1.5GB DDR
HDD: 4x80GB IDE
Audio: Realtek ALC660
LAN: Realtek RTL8201CL
Sound: All ports working
PS2: Mouse and keyboard working

Snow Leopard installed with myHack retail usb 10.6.0 and updated to 10.6.8.
Works with Nawcom legacy kernel and Anv kernel, no visible difference between kernels.

Same setup as above, now booting with Sinetek's kernel 10.6.8 FULL 64-bit kernel & extensions, patched dyld. Extremely stable, 8 hours uptime now.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Another setup.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
SB/NB: SB:710 & NB:785G
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
SATA: Tested with 2 HDDs, 80GB and 1Tb, both worked. DVD drive worked too, also burning.
IDE: No idea.
USB 3.0: I don't have any ports or devices.
Firewire: Boots when enabled, not tested if works
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5870, works OOB, GraphicsEnabler. QE/CI (graphics glitches, goes away within time)
LAN: Realtek RTL8112L onboard / Realtek RTL8169 (Lnx2Mac)
Sound: VIA VT1708S -> no support, but modified VoodooHDA works.
PS2: Not tested, and I fried my keyboard port by plugging a faulty keyboard in.

OS X 10.8.2, installed with myHack. Boots with Sinetek's and AnV's kernels, mach_sse42_only & latest amd_kernel working best.
Custom corecrypto needed with Sinetek's kernel, AnV's latest amd_kernel can't run 32-bit.

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Overclocked to 3.8GHz (and counting)
Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX
Chipset: AMD 760G
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6570. OOB 10.6.8 to 10.7.5, requires ATI6000Controller permissions fix in 10.8 and above, minor lag in 10.8 and above
SATA: SATA and SATA2 both working OOB when set to AHCI
PS/2: Unusable. Not detected OOB, and with ApplePS2 random characters spewing out everywhere
USB: 2.0 working. My 3.0 ports appear to be dead, if they start working I'll edit this post
Audio: Realtek ALC662. Untested as I use a USB headset Update: Not working OOB. Untested with kexts
Ethernet: Realtek 8111E. Untested, but set up as functional in Network Preferences for App Store

Kernel: mach_sse42_only
Bootloader: Latest SVN build of Chameleon
Flags: npci=0x3000

byransays

byransays

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Edit:

drivers to resolve the problem with waiting for root device see upload Still_waiting_for_root_device.zip

Kexts for Mountain Lion 10.8.2:

Nvidia GTX 550 TI Kext for Mountain LION 10.8.2

Im interested in that last bit, I have my working system, you can see my specs in my signiture.

Now Spakk, I have the GTX 550 TI. My system recognizes it just fine, however there are the known issues with AMD and Nvidia on 10.8.2. Are you saying you can boot without -x with that kext you linked to before?

Edit: Spakk, I tried those kexts...no go on my system, Its still recognized....however where before in Safeboot I would have native 1080p resolution, now in safeboot I have 1024x768 :(

EDIT 2: actually, I went through and re-did permissions and it is recognized just fine and native resolution again with the new kexts...im going to do some further tests with these kexts.

EDIT 3: It seems these kexts and frameworks are worse than the "stock" ones. My HDMI output on the card worked fine with the stock ones, it seemed to be a bit faster with stock also i.g. clicking launchpad with the stock ones would actually load(albeit slow) with these ones it froze on me and I had to restart. Back to the originals. But thank you Spakk for linking these for me to test. As always, YMMV

Mad Marcsen

Mad Marcsen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
CPU: Phenom II 965 BE (corrupt, was slightly overheated once)

Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
Chipset: AMD 785G/SB710
LAN: RTL8112L
SATA: 2x WD 500GB, AHCI Mode
IDE: Samsung 120GB, DVD-RW (both work alone, haven't tried them together)
USB: 2.0, all ports working
RAM: 4GB DDR3-1333
PS/2: not tested
Onboard sound: not tested
Onboard VGA: not tested

Sound: PCI, EMU0404 PCI
GPU: 1GB Radeon 5670 (from Sapphire i think), both VGA and DVI out work. Sometimes the DVI screen turns black at login screen. Plug out and back it in again and it should work.

SL 10.6.8:
Fully working, followed this guide, thanks akimoa. German only, please ask if you need a translation.

ML 10.8.2:
How i did it:

1. Setup bootable usb/hard drive/dvd with myhack.

2. Downloaded the latest kernel from here and replaced the one from the ML myhack device with it. Also downloaded System.kext, AppleATIATA-7 from here (without i got the „Still waiting for root device“ error) and deleted the „Don't Steal Mac OS X“ kext (thanks to unimatrix725 for this hint). Don't forget to repair the permissions on the kext's (chown -R root:wheel /path/to/kext and chmod -R 755 /path/to/kext). I don't know if you have to change the permissions and ownership from the kernel, too.

3. Booted with the following command line: -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

4. Installation went through to about 96%. Then myhack asked few things about deleting some critical kext's. After that the installation aborted. Reboot failed with boot0: error.

Solutions:
1. Boot ML from your ML myhack device.
2. Install boot loader like Chameleon or Chimera (i took Chimera and installed it from within SL. You could try
to install Chameleon from the ml myhack boot device, but that didn't work for me). You could also
boot ML with the myhack boot device and install the a bootloader.

5. Replace the kernel and install kext's (see Step 2)

6. Boot ML with: -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No (-v just if you want too see the kernel messages ;) )

7. Install Lnx2mac's Realtek drivers.

8. For the EMU0404, i took the kxdriver. Thanks Eugene.

Everythings works so far except for the (for now) usual graphic failures. I you have questions just ask.

Thank you.

Special thanks for all the involved developers who made this possible.

Edit (2013-09-01):
1. Changed a few things and added some more explanation.

2. Seems that the -f kernel command doesn't work anymore in ML. I tried, and my system booted without. So i must have changed something else but don't remember anymore. See here for the explanation and a list of boot flags. Another list with more kernel boot parameters is in this thread.

3. If you play with the UseKernelCache command line, there might be a chance, that your ncpi changes. For example i need to boot with npci=0x2000. When i turn off KernelCache, then i have to boot with npci=0x3000.

Edit (2013-09-09):
1. Changed a few things. Thank you fantomas for pointing that out and sorry.

Edited by nanjuah, 10 January 2013 - 08:43 PM.
InsanelyMac doesn't support the tonymac tools. If you would like to talk about, pls do it on its site. Thnks

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,647 posts
@ nanjuah

Hi, pls read this and this

Cordially, staff

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Here are my working Builds.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard: Asus CrossHair V Formula-Z
SB/NB: SB:950 & NB:990FX
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SATA: Tested with 6 HDDs, 60Gb SSD windows 7, 200GB SL, Lion & ML , & others . Blu-Ray drive worked too.
IDE: No.
USB 3.0: Unknown.
Firewire: Disabled always
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5970, works after editing 2 kexts, GraphicsEnabler. QE/CI
LAN: Intel 82583V Gigabit
Sound: ALC899 -> no support, but latest VoodooHDA 2.8.0 works on all SL, Lion & ML.
PS2: Not used.

Snow Leopard: Installed 10.6 from Nawcom Modcd and then updated to 10.6.8 through software update. After install everything worked correctly with appropriate kexts. Using AnV legacy 10.6.8 V8 R2 kernel in 64-bit UserLand.

Lion: Works in 32-bit with theconnactics 10.7.5 kernel, some fixes were needed (IOPCIFamily.kext etc.) basic stuff. Dodgy Graphics will sometimes not work.

Mountain Lion: Booted Installer, manually created install image and replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext & IOUSBFamily.kext from acpirollback package by andy. No graphics QE/CI, still working on it. Sinetek "AMD Test Kernel 1" will let me install Mountain Lion and create user. But on next boot only shows a light grey screen that is slowly flashing dim then bright.

Edited by MadMungo, 18 January 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music
Finally able to post here :)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @ 3.1Ghz
Motherboard: Asrock 970 exreme 4
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SATA: 1 HDD , 500GB Running win 7
IDE: No.
USB 2.0: All ports work, the USB harddisk running ML is connected to a usb 2.0 port.
USB 3.0: All ports work
Firewire: Disabled always
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770 Full QE/CI
LAN: Realtek RTL8111E
Sound: Using my Hercules DJ instinct controller, which has build in soundcard. It worked on ML OOB
PS2: Not used.

Bootloader: Chameleon 2.1 R???
Kernel : http://www.insanelym...ng-amd-kernels/ post:14

Thanks to everybody for helping me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy