Apple Magic Trackpad on Mountain Lion

berny_

8 posts in this topic

Connecting the Apple Trackpad this is recognized, it only works when scrolling (with a finger for instance). Instead, for the Multi-Touch gestures freezes and restarts after a few seconds, I have to install some kext?

Thanks to all

I used to have exactly the same motherboard, with RD6870 graphic card. It was running 10.8.1(2? don't remember, upgraded 2 weeks ago) and the magic pad was working flawlessly. My setup was very simple, basically just Chameleon bootloader with ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext, FakeSMC.kext and DSDT.aml. I think the only editing required was GraphicEnabler=Yes.

So unless somehow you've replaced or edited more kexts than it is needed, I don't see how it would mess up the magic pad. Have you tried another bluetooth dongle?

But if they do not use 3 or more fingers on the trackpad works well. crashes as soon as I make gestures with three fingers.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

buy a BelkinMini O.O.B in MAC OS X , and with my trackpad Apple

was working flawlessly, any problem

Sorry to revive an old thread but it makes more sense rather than starting a new one as my issues are the same as the OP.

iFire, can you confirm if this BT device still works under Mavericks?  I just bought a IOGear GBU521 which was said to work under 10.8 but I can't get it to see my Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Pad.

The old BT device I have recognizes them both but it has issues.  With the Trackpad I get the freeze when I use 3 or 4 finger swipe which lasts around 10 seconds and with the keyboard I am getting a delay from pressing keys to seeing them appear on the screen and some other weirdness.

I would appreciate it if you could update me as your information could prove invaluable for me!

Thanks