ATI Radeon HD Fusion

BslBryan

3 posts in this topic

Hey there, community! This is my first post, though I've been a reader of the forums for a few years now.

I've successfully built several hackintoshes using a retail install method. I was bored, and I'd never gotten my AMD laptop to boot, so I tried it again, and was successful. Yay.

I've found workarounds for everything that doesn't work, with the exception of the ATI Radeon HD 6320 integrated graphics card my system sports. Everywhere I look, the forum thread asking for help with the card is not replied to, or if it is is a blanket "that card isn't supported. Sorry."

I have no hope of getting QE/CI to work, but I'd at least like my native resolution. If I try to use Chameleon to set Graphics Mode to 1600x900x32 it ignores it in the best case, doesn't boot in the purgatory case, and kernel panics in the worst.

I do have an external display that works out of the box. Of course if I found a kext to load my card with I'm not sure it would work anymore, but then I'd have QE. Anyway, what I'm getting to is that I've tried unplugging the external monitor and doing the Graphics Mode kernel argument, but that fails as well.

I just want my resolution, no need for QE, is there any method that might work?

Thanks.