[TUT] D945GCL Snow Leopard

JCollins6695

1 post in this topic

I've been leeching for a while, and I've learned SO much from you guys, Retail installs, Distro installs, and just Mac in general. Saying that, I've made another successful installation and I figured I would document it this time.

This board is the d945GCL (Which has SEVERAL very similar siblings (GCXL, GCNL, etc), so you may be able to follow my tutorial if you have one of these boards... just compare your hardware to mine.

yke1355340717q.png

This installation is with iAtkos s3 v2, so if you don't have it, get it. I'm not going to post any links, because I'm assuming ToS is probably against that. Google is your friend though ;)

Once you have installed downloaded and burned to what ever device you'll be using to boot it from (Whether that be a HDD Partition, DVD, or USB), boot from it. (If it fails to boot, remove all nonrequired devices, and reset your BIOS to default.)

**** IF YOU'RE INSTALLING ON YOUR ONLY SYSTEM, PUT THE ATTACHED FILES ONTO A PORTABLE STORAGE DEVICE ***

From here on it's your typical installation,

1. Utilities > Disk Util > Choose your drive from the left pane > Erase > Exit Disk Util

2. Choose the formatted drive from list

3. Customize your installation, and choose the following:

-Chameleon RC5 (uncheck the other bootloader)

-32bit boot

-RTC 32bit (uncheck RTC)

-Qoopz 10.3

-Intel Pro/100 (Under Network)

-Apple PS/2

-GMA 950 (27A2) (Choose this even if your device reads 2772)

4. Install, reboot, and you should be in OS X!

Now that you're installation is over, you should have almost everything recognized. The only problems are resoultions and Network, right? It's alright, we have a fix for them. Remember the drive I told you to put the attached files onto? Plug it in. Within it you should have 2 Kexts (AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext and AppleIntel8225x.kext which is within the Intel Pro 100 Snow folder). Take these Kexts, and paste the into /System/Library/Extensions, then run Kext Utility (Which is also in the files I gave you). Don't reboot yet! Now run the Legacy 10.2 Kernel Package that is in there, once it is finished you can reboot.

Once you have rebooted you should have QE/CI, Resolutions, Sound, and Network! Enjoy!

I'm playing with a spare partition trying to update to 10.6.8, and I'm getting close. As I update, I will add another tutorial to the thread. I'm going to download Mountain Lion tonight, and although I don't meet the requirement specs I'm going to play around with it and see what happens.

D945GCL.zip