[Help] AsRock M3N78D 10.6 Install

Marin Maričić

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

First of all to introduce myself, my name is Marin and I come from Croatia, Europe. I must say you have really nice community here and if anyone can help me solve "my problems" its you guys.

So I have done a lot of reading last few weeks and decided to try to install os x on my AMD machine (it is not my first time instaling i have already in my home 2 intell pc running succesfully 10.7. and 10.6. but unlucky for me this AMD machine is the strongest and i use it as my first pc).

So my current config is:

Motherboard: ASRock M3N78D (Chipset: nForce 720a)

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3000Ghz

Memory: 3x Mushkin DDR3 2048MB (6GB)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5670

HD: SATA 1TB

Searching google and the forum i found only 2 posts about my mobo and the second was the link to the first. It is pointing me to the 10.6.2 Hazard distro, but i cant seem to boot that one either. I already tried 10.6.0 retail + modcd, 10.6.3 + modcd, iAtkos S3 v2 with many boot flags one by one, also i changed my bios settings to match those that were writen in forums and in all AMD guides.

All install media is restored on my mac machine onto a usb hd (150GB, HSF+), for some reason even when i did modusb on my external hd after restore, it didnt want to boot on my amd machine and i had to use burned modcd.

I managed to get 2-3 time in install gui but after language selection it would give me error that "install media is not clean" or something similar like i have to eject cd and clean it with cloath then return it in cd drive...

I spent last 2 weeks trying to instal this on my own but no luck hope there is someone who can help :)

Ty in advance