Intel HD3000 on a HP Laptop

Lopont

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to configure iATKOS L2 (OSX Lion 10.7.2) on a HP Laptop (a Pavilion g6-2040sl). I know it's quite difficult on these kind of computers... Anyway, everything works fine, except for the built-in graphics: the Intel HD3000 won't work properly on my computer. As a result, I cannot enable graphics acceleration.

By the way, the first time i booted into OSX i had to manually remove the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelSNB* kexts because of the well-known "SNB framebuffer did not show up, unload." error.

I've also tried booting with the flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", but without success, because the system hangs up at the booting prompt.

One more thing, my computer comes with another graphics card, an AMD Radeon HD 7670M, which is not yet supported by OSX. That's why I'm trying to enable the built-in one.

My CPU is an Intel Core i5 2450M.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Lopont.

P.S.: I've attached a screenshot of my graphics cards information.

post-820962-0-09840000-1355065959_thumb.png

Hi and thanks for your quick reply. I installed the latest Enoch and reinstalled the kexts, but I still get the "SNB framebuffer did not show up" error when booting (in verbose mode, of course). Also tried booting with the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" flag, but my computer suddenly rebooted.

what SMBios.plist version do you use ? ... try MacBookPro8,1 or 8,3 and start with GraphicsEnabler=No

My other advice would be to go for 10.8.2 which works beautifully with HD3000 with full QE/CI (I have same device like yours x0126)

Hi, thanks for your hint! I'm currently using the MacMini 5,1 SMBIOS, because I've read that Intel HD3000 can be recognized only if we use that one.

Anyway, I'll try with the MacBookPro 8,3 SMBIOS, because with the 8,1 one I get a kernel panic each time I try to boot.

Hello everyone. As Biso suggested, I applied the MacBook Pro 8,3 SMBIOS and now my Intel HD3000 is recognized by OSX... Anyway, I'm still not able to use Quartz Extreme and full graphics acceleration, do I need to patch the Kexts?

Thanks to everyone for your help!