Help Camera ML 10.8.2 (Photo Booth)

Mario1964

30 posts in this topic

I have a Logitech C270 and System profiler says it's an "Other device" (not "Logitech camera" as for you) and photobooth and everything else working fine, even the built in mic works ootb. What logitech camera do you have?

Try to connect it to the USB port directly, not through an USB hub.

I have a Logitech C270 and System profiler says it's an "Other device" (not "Logitech camera" as for you) and photobooth and everything else working fine, even the built in mic works ootb. What logitech camera do you have?

Try to connect it to the USB port directly, not through an USB hub.

I have Logitech C510 HD 720p

use this app CameraControl.app.zip

What can i do with this app ?? when i open it there is a black screen

Did you tried to connect it directly to the usb port and not through an usb hub? (your system profiler says that there is a "hub")

Logitech website says that your webcam is officially supported with osx so it should work ootb.

Did you tried to connect it directly to the usb port and not through an usb hub? (your system profiler says that there is a "hub")

Logitech website says that your webcam is officially supported with osx so it should work ootb.

Yes i've tried but don't work.......the problem was born when i have changed the org.chameleon.Boot.plist information :

i've changed The GraphicsEnabler=Yes to No , because i have an GTX 650 graphic card and it work with graphicsenabler= No ... there is a solution ???

[The one catch to enabling the GTX 670 on Mac OS X Lion is that Graphics Enabler doesn't work. Graphics Enabler is a feature in Mac OS X that allows your Hackintosh to run games and other graphics-intensive programs. However, the GTX 600 series doesn't work with Graphics Enabler (yet), so you'll have to turn it off.

This is very easy with multi--beast. Open it, and select "64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No".]

7 point : http://www.macbreake...-os-x-lion.html

Do you have quartz extreme working? So is the menubar transparent? Is chess working? If not, you'll need to get proper hardware acceleration for vga to get webcam working.

chess is ok , menubar transparent idem, but the information for quartz extreme there aren't (i use for monitor an lg 26LC3R-ZJ -> this: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/television/lg-26lc3r/ )

I don't know if that is the problem, but it sure looks strange.

This is how it looks for me:

Go7F1.png

As you can see, I have the cam, a bluetooth receiver, keyboard, and mouse connected. For me, the usb ports are listed seperatelly ("usb-busz"->"usb-bus"). I don't have those "hub" things.

(Note that I have the camera listed under the highspeed usb port.)

Does it work with FaceTime, iMessages or Skype? (then discard a usb/camera problem)

I believe you don't have your graphics card properly activated and because Photo Booth uses some video accelerated graphics to compose the effects then you can't run it. Disabling "graphics enabler" from chameleon causes the issue so you should first try installing the latest chameleon and check if your card is supported, else try the Clover bootloader.

imessages i don't know but with facetime , skype and photo boot no ( the webcam on other pc is work )

How is written in this forum at 7 point : http://www.macbreake...-os-x-lion.html

7. Turn off Graphics Enabler

The one catch to enabling the GTX 6xx on Mac OS X Lion is that Graphics Enabler doesn't work. Graphics Enabler is a feature in Mac OS X that allows your Hackintosh to run games and other graphics-intensive programs. However, the GTX 600 series doesn't work with Graphics Enabler (yet), so you'll have to turn it off.

then i've insalled the original software of the video board and system profile recognise it

what is your usb configuration ??? usb kext ???

Ps: can you take a photo of your system profile - click on USB nagysebessegu busz ?? please :)

My driver controller host: is AppleUSBEHCI , your ??

What do you mean USB configuration? I didn't touched any USB kext.

Here's the image:

nWG5Q.png

So, your problem with Photo Booth is probably because your GTX 670 is not properly enabled. It may work OOB but it doesn't mean it works 100%. That is the case with my Radeon HD 5770, it can boot, play videos, games and everything works just fine but I can't use the built in DVD Player or some benchmark apps without the Graphics Enabler. So I believe you won't solve this until your graphics is supported by chameleon (don't know about Clover).

From what I've gathered, Chess no longer uses QE in Mountain Lion, so no longer a good test to see what's working.

7. Turn off Graphics Enabler

The one catch to enabling the GTX 6xx on Mac OS X Lion is that Graphics Enabler doesn't work. Graphics Enabler is a feature in Mac OS X that allows your Hackintosh to run games and other graphics-intensive programs. However, the GTX 600 series doesn't work with Graphics Enabler (yet), so you'll have to turn it off.

then i've insalled the original software of the video board and system profile recognise it "

A couple problems with that statement, which is a good thing! Graphics Enabler is not a function of OSX but is a function of the Chameleon Bootloader. Because of that, rather than wait for Apple to update and fix it, which would never happen, it gets updated all the time. Here is from Nvidia section in most recent version of Enoch branch

{ 0x10DE0FC6,0x10B00FC6,"Gainward GeForce GTX 650" },
1294 { 0x10DE0FC6,0x10DE0973,"nVidia GeForce GTX 650" },
1295 ␉{ 0x10DE0FC6,␉0x14583553,␉"Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650" },␊
1296 { 0x10DE0FC6,0x14583555,"Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650" },
1297 { 0x10DE0FC6,0x15690FC6,"Palit GeForce GTX 650" },
1298 { 0x10DE0FC6,0x19DA1288,"Zotac GeForce GTX 650" },

GTX 650 is listed! Maybe not the same subvendor(i.e. ASUS) but { 0x10DE0FC6,0x10DE0973,"nVidia GeForce GTX 650" } should be good enough. So although there may be some openGL enabling yet to be done, start by installing the newest version here Enoch-rev.2140.pkg and use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Also consider adding USBBusFix=Yes as well.

Get this http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html and http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-270.00.00f01-driver.html

Switch smbios to MacPro3,1 using Chameleon wizard. Reboot with GE=No. Install Nvidia drivers. Change smbios back to whatever it was. Reboot, again with GE=No