Lenovo N581 i5

Kerry666

6 posts in this topic

I am planing to buy a lenovo Idea Pad N581 with an i5 and a HD 4000 Grafik. I read nearly the hole sides of OSX86 and other, but was not able to find somthing that i can understand.

My Question is now: Am i able to get it work with Mountain Lion? If not , and Lion or Snow Leopard would work , it would be fine too.

thanks so far...

Gonzalez

post-371055-0-16961200-1355050879_thumb.jpg

I am planing to buy a lenovo Idea Pad N581 with an i5 and a HD 4000 Grafik. I read nearly the hole sides of OSX86 and other, but was not able to find somthing that i can understand.

My Question is now: Am i able to get it work with Mountain Lion? If not , and Lion or Snow Leopard would work , it would be fine too.

thanks so far...

Gonzalez

Specs don`t look bad at first sight. Chipset, CPU, HD and Usb 2.0 should work out of the box. For USB 3.0, keyboard and touchpad (even with detours) should be working kexts. Ethernet support support seems to be a little bit experimental. (Kext could be found in this forum). For sound should be a solution too. Wifi and BT combi could work because of Broadcom chip out of the box. If not, solution is cheap. But then you need a bios mod. If the cardreader is the Realtek one, ist does not work.

If you are familiar with hackintoshing, you can try it by your own. You have to generate and edit an own DSDT.aml to get all components as far as possible working. Therefor DSDT Editor is your friend.

You should search for reviews to find out nearer specs of hardware. Look at Lenovo site for drivers. When you can not identify them, download them and open the install. In an popup window should be a nearer definition of the hardware. Before they begin realy to install on your system you can cancel.

Look at www.geizhals.at or www.geizhals.de for finding links to reviews to identify the hardware of the N581 nearer. Then search for working kexts.

For the basical install you can follow this guide: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

Have fun

• 1 month later...

Ok, hab jetzt das besagte Laptop (Lenovo N581)Zuhause und habe versucht ML oder L aufzuspielen.

Es scheitert schon beim Booten.

Die Version von Tonymac geht überhaupt nich weil sie schon kurz nach lesen des Bootsticks ein neustart erzwungen wird. Die Neue ML von IAtkos bootet ewig , findet dann aber die SATA nicht und kann natürlich nicht installieren weil keine Festplatte.

Zu der erhofften Situation , das evtl. das eine oder andere Gerät(CardReader oder so) nicht klappt kommt es gar nicht.

I dont even come to the (hoped for) Situation of needing Kext because some devices dont ework(like Card Reader).

Es ist auch ein Laptop auf dem Win8 im Bios registriert ist. Den UEFI Boot habe ich ausgestellt auf Legacy Boot. Es geht trotzdem nicht.

Verdaaaaaaamt.

OK, then i have orderded and got the Laptop(IdeaPad N581) home now. I tried to Install ML or L. Nothing works, it´s stopping very short after boot.

the Version of tonymac isnt working at all, it´s stopping very fast after reading first scriptfiles after booting, with restart. The new one from Iatkos is loading hour´s(felt like it, but very long) but then its not finding the SATA HD. And of course it cant be installed if theres no HD.

I dont even come to the (hoped for) Situation of needing Kext because some devices dont ework(like Card Reader).

It´s a Laptop that is registrated for Win8 and the serial is written inside Bios. I disabled the Uefi First Boot Status. But its not working anyway.

Daaamn

Ok, hab jetzt das besagte Laptop (Lenovo N581)Zuhause und habe versucht ML oder L aufzuspielen.

Es scheitert schon beim Booten.

Die Version von Tonymac geht überhaupt nich weil sie schon kurz nach lesen des Bootsticks ein neustart erzwungen wird. Die Neue ML von IAtkos bootet ewig , findet dann aber die SATA nicht und kann natürlich nicht installieren weil keine Festplatte.

Zu der erhofften Situation , das evtl. das eine oder andere Gerät(CardReader oder so) nicht klappt kommt es gar nicht.

Es ist auch ein Laptop auf dem Win8 im Bios registriert ist. Den UEFI Boot habe ich ausgestellt auf Legacy Boot. Es geht trotzdem nicht.

Verdaaaaaaamt.

OK, then i have orderded and got the Laptop(IdeaPad N581) home now. I tried to Install ML or L. Nothing works, it´s stopping very short after boot.

the Version of tonymac isnt working at all, it´s stopping very fast after reading first scriptfiles after booting, with restart. The new one from Iatkos is loading hour´s(felt like it, but very long) but then its not finding the SATA HD. And of course it cant be installed if theres no HD.

It´s a Laptop that is registrated for Win8 and the serial is written inside Bios. I disabled the Uefi First Boot Status. But its not working anyway.

Daaamn

No cause to swear like a trooper because of having no success with a here not wished install method. I try to help you to get the N581 up.

If possible switch for install USB 3.0 function in bios off. Bios must be set to AHCI. If you want to boot from internal harddisk, you have to partion it as MBR. If you have an external one to try, you can partion it in GPT partion scheme. In all cases make to partions one of these with at least 20 GB. Format your install device and follow to make it the above linked guide.

After you have done this follow my guide for the EDGE E320: http://www.insanelym...0/#entry1866270 by using the attached package. It is not complete but you should get your device basically up. If you use my package only the name EDGE is for you converted to N581. (Please explore the attachement before using it.) If the ps2 kexts are not working for you, you have to use an usb keyboard and mouse.

Before you copy the org.chameleon.boot.plist from N581/Postinstall/Extra over to the Extra folder of your install on hd, you should make a clone of it with Carbon Copy Cloner (google for it) and install Chameleon in standard mode to clone. If something goes wrong, it is easier to correct by booting from a working second install.

For ethernet download the kext from here: http://www.insanelym...8/#entry1864734 and install it. After that set boot option in Chameleon EthernetBuiltIn= yes.

Please report, if you have success.

Have fun.

N581.zip

• Like 1

first , thx for yur help and your little Programs....

I read all Guides and the Edge Install Method, but i dont come more far than botting and disrupting while boot. I cant even format the HD....

In Boot menue from Chameleon i have to choose Bott verbose, otherwise it immediatly restarts. If i chose verbose, it hangs at the

appleusbehci(0xffffff800b48e00) unable to obtain ownership unable to take control from Bios,

this comes 8 times after that there ist written.

Still waiting for rrot device

an continious that often my patience is lasting....

nothing more happens then....

Iam nearly Mad now

I just want that Notebook to run :-)

hi there,

I found out that there are two N581 i5. One with Free Dos and one with Win8 OEM. They have a completly diffrent Bios. I have the One with Windows 8 :-(

i found out that the Win8 is bounded to Bios with serial. another Serial is written in the Uefi if its the same it works. If you want to install another System to it , it isnt working. Even Win 7 or Win 8 Pro is not working.

I the case i disable the UEFI it works with Win 7,8pro but with Linux and MacOS it will not give the USB and Sata free, its locked. Great thing. The People shouting about Win8, but here you can see the Market Power of Microsoft.

I gave up now and sold it, to a poor Windows User :-)