ASUS N55SL

kadio

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, there are users of ASUS N55SL laptop?

Who were able to establish 10.7 or 10.8 and fully configure the system. I was able to run 10.7 but does not work network, sound, video, only 1024 * 768 with no acceleration.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

i have the very same Laptop as you and manged to get everything working except microphone, HD3000 or GT635M graphic-card and the webcam. The GT635M is regonized and the HD3000 as well but i can only running the system without any AppleIntel and Nvida Kext. As soon i try to install the .kext for HD3000 or Nvidia, the system crashes during start, or the system works but with blank or frozen boot-screen. If i press a button i hear the osx is working perfectly in the backround, but cant see anything ;)

Do you have any suggestions or may managed get everyhting working in the meanwhile ?

Thanx a lot

Regards

Andreas

Post the specifications of the Notebook please.

What method did you use to install, what patches have been applied etc.

What bootloader, using DSDT?

Hi there,

i have the very same Laptop as you and manged to get everything working except microphone, HD3000 or GT635M graphic-card and the webcam. The GT635M is regonized and the HD3000 as well but i can only running the system without any AppleIntel and Nvida Kext. As soon i try to install the .kext for HD3000 or Nvidia, the system crashes during start, or the system works but with blank or frozen boot-screen. If i press a button i hear the osx is working perfectly in the backround, but cant see anything ;)

Do you have any suggestions or may managed get everyhting working in the meanwhile ?

Thanx a lot

Regards

Andreas

Remove only the nvidia kexts, and use an EFI string or edit the DSDT. GraphicsEnabler=No

Boot with -v after installing the kexts, and take a foto of the error or something.

Sorry if i seem kind of rude, only way another person can troubleshoot/fix something for you, or guide you in the right direction.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys I found http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2179-asus-n55sl-no-wi-fi/ almost the same notebook only He have a different processor .I have i5-2450m .

I can see the system fully operational.

And if I try install system from DVD but after notebook freezing after start installation .

My system specs

Mobile DualCore Intel Core i5-2450M, 1600 MHz (16 x 100)

Realtek ALC663 @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-3]PCI

Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030

Intel HD Graphics 3000

NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

If you have installed and configured the system or video please share with system image or install guide if you have the same notebook .