10.8 NVEnabler w/ NVidia GeForce 6600

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've recently installed 10.8 on an Intel Core 2 Duo, Gigabyte Motherboard. I've managed to get everything up and running besides hardware acceleration.

I have a GeForce 6600 installed. I can boot fine using GraphicsEnabler=Yes in Chimera, but there appears to be no hardware acceleration (i.e. stuck at 1024x768x32 res.).

To get the system to boot I had to remove all Intel and NV kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

I'd like to know:

(1) Is this card supported by Chimera's GraphicsEnabler for HW Accel?

(2) I understand NVEnabler had support for this card, I installed with an older version of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but has made no difference.. do I need to disable anything in Chimera?

(3) Do I just need to modify the existing NV kexts? If so what's the method for doing so?

Advice or links are welcome...

Thanks!

Jayson

GPU is not supported. I believe 10.6.8 32 bit mode only was the last that supported that card. The next gen was dropped after lion.

Yea the last OSx86 build I had running was 10.5 which worked fine. Ah well. I have integrated Intel graphics on my MOBO, I'll give that a go.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Lion is the last OSX supporting NV40 family GPUs (on 6000 and 7000 series) in 32bit, and Lion beta can support them in 64bit.

6000 series is not present in Lion at all. There are no drivers present.