AMD 7970 full working QE

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

Im getting fill acceleration and all the games are running smoothly but my HDMI w/ audio output doesnt work when Aji framebuffer loads, only my dvi output works with Aji

when i use no dsdt and Graphics injection = No, all my ports (DP, HDMI without audio tho and DVI) work but with this setting i have no FB loaded and i dont get full acceleration

i wanted to change FB to see if Buri or anything other FB could get my HDMI with audio to work

IOreg please with HDMI audio working....

Moiz TK

Moiz TK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

IOreg please with HDMI audio working....

I finally got it to change the Framebuffer using DSDT, turns out clover was using the old dsdt in the EFI/patched folder and not the new one in root/DSDT

SO now i got Dashimaki working and everything except the HDMI audio is working, the HDMI port is working but the audio isn't working (meaning in system prefs there is no output device)

Also i haven't got the HDMI audio to work at all/ever.

here is my ioreg:

http://www.mediafire...cqfm2cp1m571vc3

(mediafire link beacuse the ioreg file was too big to attach)

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,985 posts

I finally got it to change the Framebuffer using DSDT, turns out clover was using the old dsdt in the EFI/patched folder and not the new one in root/DSDT

SO now i got Dashimaki working and everything except the HDMI audio is working, the HDMI port is working but the audio isn't working (meaning in system prefs there is no output device)

Also i haven't got the HDMI audio to work at all/ever.

here is my ioreg:

http://www.mediafire...cqfm2cp1m571vc3

(mediafire link beacuse the ioreg file was too big to attach)

Yo made it sound like you did have it working... Thanks.

Moiz TK

Moiz TK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yo made it sound like you did have it working... Thanks.

Sorry about that.

Also if i disable AppleHDA and use VoodooHDA, my onboard is recognized and works but my hdmi audio is still not working and in IOREG it shows a "disabler" string underneath HDUA

here is the IOREG with voodoohda loaded

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?63qxyab6og2abne

VoodooHDA in the verbose mode bootup says this exactly

Controller: Intel 82801I (vender ID: 8086, device ID: 293e)
Controller: ATI (Unknown) (vender ID: 1002, device ID: aab0)
error: invalid CORB size: 00
error: getcapabilities failed

does that mean it recognizes the hdmi audio controller on the gfx card???

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I'm trying to get my 7970 fully working. I've injected the proper code in my DSDT and it shows as an AMD Radeon HD 7970 in System Information, but when I try connecting my monitor to the 7970 I get no signal. (I boot with the HD 4000 to bypass the Chameleon random text error and also bypass the need the for the sleep trick). Output on the 7970 was working before I did DSDT injection. What framebuffers should I try other than Aji and Chutoro?

fastfwd

fastfwd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Has anyone noticed the Fan spinning up when watching a Youtube video (HTML5, Flash is disabled)? Considering the power of the card (7950) has, it should not heat up the gpu so that the fans are noticeable. :blush:

Rockside

Rockside

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Thanks for this thread it's save me 200€ (i was going to buy a new graphic card (Nvidia) ), my bootloader needed an update to work.

i have read mainly of thread but i must admit this is a little hard for me (it's my first Hackintosh and i must admit my english is not so good  :hysterical: .

i will take the time to read many time to understand before asking any question, because i have try the dsdt edit for my 7870 but i found so much many line in my dsdt than the description and the video show.

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Thanks for this thread it's save me 200€ (i was going to buy a new graphic card (Nvidia) ), my bootloader needed an update to work.

i have read mainly of thread but i must admit this is a little hard for me (it's my first Hackintosh and i must admit my english is not so good  :hysterical: .

i will take the time to read many time to understand before asking any question, because i have try the dsdt edit for my 7870 but i found so much many line in my dsdt than the description and the video show.

What bootloader did you update to? I've tried Champlist and other Chameleon versions and I still get the garbled text at boot if I boot with my 7970 as the primary boot device.

vrondena

vrondena

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
is possible the method with amd radeon 7650M
someone is available to help me
my dsdt e ioreg
thanks

Attached Files

vrondena

vrondena

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

yessssss

http://www.insanelym...i7650m-ok-qeci/

Kasi99

Kasi99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

hello who can help?

my English is bad, I'm a stupid German  :)

I have a 7970! my hdmi sound is not working :(

I'm absolutely not! mac os x is 10.9!

can someone make my hdmi sound working order?

how do I create a DSDT? with terminal?

https://www.dropbox....nkmy/kasi.ioreg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen kasi

mrjayviper

mrjayviper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

does this fix work for AMD hackintoshes? thanks very much :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy