Toshiba Satellite R830/835 OSX 10.8 10.9

cele_82

168 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have audio output on both headphones and speakers. I use the same 1.9.2 IOAudioFamily.kext as before (currently on 10.9.1 Mavericks).

After sleep ?

Someone else on 10.8.x to confirm the after sleep, headphone output missing problem ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys!

I have R835-P56x, which has almost same spec as R830. Here, in Korea, we commonly use Windows XP or 7. It's like default OS for every computer. I thought only some people who have to use final cut pro or some proffessional making music programs use OS X. Because Mac always has been expensive... 

Last week, I bought iPhone 5s, and I heard about "Hackin" system while searching the way how to use iPhone 5s well. And I realized...how awesome it is! It's 8:40AM in Korea, but I've been reading all the posts you guys wrote through whole night with fun. Thank you very much for these valuable information. From 2012, It has been 2yrs. I like my laptop. It shows good performance and it was cheap :) And I'll like more this machine because of this thread. I get a new toy. lol 

I'm korean, so I'm not good at English, that I don't know what I'm saying now...I'm also worried that I made mistakes to write any words or sentences. But I want to tell you guys thank you. It's very helpful for me to start to HACKIN.

jinuk999

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I'm new... I have R830-14f... with iAtkos ML2 installed working fine. One problem. I install it without every kind of graphics kext... Because if I do it iget black screen... No I'm working with 64MB shared memory and 1280 x 720. If I try to install Intel kext I get black screen.... Can someone help me to get full acceleration and normal resolution with more shared memory.... Thanks... I have 2 x 4 Gb of memory.....

Update... I can install Mavericks and Mountain Lion.... And all works fine... When I install graphics kext for have normal resolution and acceleration... (with all kext i found in 2 days).. But then I have onli the external display working.... What to do to make work only the laptop display? Thanks...

Hi,

installed Yosemite public beta and everything is ok. I've used in /Extra/Extensions/:

- AppleIntelE1000e.kext

- FakeSMC.kext

- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

- GenericUSBXHCI.kext

I've also patched AICPUPM in order to boot the system. 

Issues to be investigated:

- audio is not working, tried patching AppleHDA with no results. Has someone else experienced the same problem?

- USB3 detected but NOT working

- BatteryManager not shown

can't remember but i think after the clean install before rebooting i installed Mavericks 10.9.2 update to get the acceleration working

I do it now 10.9.4 Vanilla... But I have full acceleration.... only on HDMI port... With the laptop display doesn't work....

Hi,

@tiny323:

Thank you. In order to have ALC269 working I had to use the IOAudioFamily kext  patched for 10.9 by LioChan. Rehab man's batterymanager kext also did the trick.

Still experiencing some glitches, but all in all Yosemite is working fine.

@stefan33

did you try the patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?

what boot loader are you using, what model is your toshiba and can you post the dsdt you're using?

i'm using chameleon but i Try also others... The model is this: so could work but i read about a lot of people with the same problem...

Toshiba R830-14F

http://www.toshiba.it/discontinued-products/satellite-r830-14f/

"did you try the patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?"... Really I don't know how to do it....

• 2 months later...